April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Pulse NYC edp by Beyonce

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MOPIGGY

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT!! It smells like cupcakes and patchouli. A lot of people on fragantica.com said this perfume is similar to Prada Candy... Umm, kinda- more like Prada Candy + patchouli, I guess. The bottle is really cool and stands up on its lid upside down... apparently this is to help keep the perfume fresh (minimize oxidation over time).
I bought a bottle of this for $15 at Marshalls, apparently Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross are the only stores you can find this perfume in the USA.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I quite like the original Pulse, so I was keen to try this. After what seemed like forever a store near me finally received stock, so was the wait worth it?

Nope. All I get from PULSE NYC is a mild and watery mix of raspberries and pear, followed quickly by a unidentifiable powdered floral notes. This soggy fruit salad is rounded of with a hint of buttery vanilla.

Scent notes; raspberries, pears, pomegranate, jasmine, peony, orchids, red velvet cupcakes and patchouli.

The staying power is non-existent, which is why I've been unable to write a detailed review. Within half an hour of application I couldn't smell a thing - no, I'm not exaggerating.

Whilst I'm not keen on the earlier Heat editions I don't find them unlikable, plus Pulse was nice and Midnight Heat was a very pleasant surprise, so this sudden nosedive in the quality came as a shock. PULSE NYC is something I'd expect Kylie Minogue/Coty to come out with.