January 25, 2015 | 2062 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - Eclipse

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by StudioFixMak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is kind of hard to use and get used to when it only goes up to 185 degrees and the temp can't be changed. My last straightener was $60, had a temp setting dial to change the heat and went right up to 245 which makes for amazing curls.
This one also seems cheap in comparison because of the weight.
It heats up super quick and has a cute little chime, comes with a silicon heat guard and cools down fairly quickly, but if you're going to get a GHD i'd say just go for the classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by chantelle727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This item is amazing and the temp is perfect yes it does say 185 but that is C not F so it comes up to 365F which is enough to straighten hair. I love this item is worked amazing on my curly thick hair and I feel my hair is not being damaged due to the temp being changed though out the process.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After years of using hot iron tools I decided to spend 200$ on this flat iron. I don't even know where to start to tell you how terrible it is. Why does this cost so much exactly??? To start the packaging is cheap, it is by no means better than any 30 $ flat iron. The plates are only 2 cm wide, way to narrow and there is no way you can curl your hair properly (the flat iron is supposed to allow curling too). Whatever curl or wave you manage to achieve lasts approximately two hours after which hair becomes horrible! What to say about the temperature? Well GHD decided that they be the one to decide the temperature which is why there is no temperature control. I read the temperature they settle is 185 degrees. Thatís too cold. Curls and waves need a 200 degree temperature and this is why they donít last with this curler.
Iím very angry. They should be ashamed of positioning this product as a high end product. Donít spend your money on this crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by CatranRobinson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the worst hair straighteners I have ever purchased. I dont know what they have done but they have ruined their label in my eyes.

To make things worse their customer service is appalling. I tried to contact GHD to change the eclipses for one of the of GHD gold products.

I told them I was willing to lose the $100 difference - I just didn't want the eclipse (it is as useful as a $50 cheap straightener), however they just refused and told me I am stuck with it unless it is faulty.

Terrible product and even worse customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by sheenu369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had initially gone to purchase the cloudnine after months of saving up however the lady at the shore started to explain the difference between the ghd and cloudnine. Don't remember all of what she said but the thing that got me was that the ghd came with 2 years warranty and cloudnine only 1year. So I bit the bullet and purchased the ghd eclipse and im so happy i did!

Before my ghd I used to plug and turn on my hair-straighter (which wasn't a ghd) and wait...and wait. I dont have to do that anymore. It heats up so fast and my hair is left straight and shiny. I love my ghd.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by noharmdone

I previously owned the original GHD straightener & had it for years. Always worked well for me. I recently went to a friends house who owned the GHD gold series which I used and fell in love with. It made my hair so silky and straight, I could see and feel a HUGE difference. The next day I ran out and went to a local haircare seller who convinced me to get the ECLIPSE instead as it was 'much better'. She LIED. It did nothing special at all. My hair did not feel any different than my 3 year old GHD. It was an extrememly flimsy device that slipped in my fingers when using it. Biggest waste of $270. I complained to the company and have returned it, replaced it with a GHD gold series which is much cheaper and have never been happier. Do not recommend this at all. Just feels like a regular straightener.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by ElineSP

Hair type: Thick (EVEN thicker than my asian friends' hair (Chinese and Indian) and Coarse + coloured. I got this because I wanted a styler who could straighten fast and make waves; Oh, my! I found my match! I brushed my hair and grabbed a section, took a comb and straightened in one time, this truly worked wonders! My stylist doesn't have the Eclipse, but only the Gold Series V and she USED the Max Styler on my hair, it's not even a subject to comparision: The Eclipse is THE styler! My hair is super sleek, soft, shiny and healthy-looking! 100% reccomended! I know it costs a lot, but this is an investment that you will love! 100% honest!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Malteaser80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hair Type: Caucasian, extremely thick, unruly, frizzy and full of kinks (not straight but not curly).

I was very unsure about purchasing this product as it is twice the price of a standard GHD and my current GHD works fine.

The eclipse looks nicer, much sleeker, comes in beautiful packaging and makes a very modern swooshing noise when it switches on.

I washed and blast dried my hair upside down with hair dryer result was dry, big and frizzy hair (think of Monica in Friends in Barbados). I split hair in 2 and straightened left side with current model (4.2b) and right side with Eclipse. Both straighteners heated up in under 25 secs (the eclipse was marginally faster). The eclipse had my hair styled in exactly half the time of my current model. The eclipse never snagged my hair in fact it felt like there was no hair between the plates. I then asked my housemate could she see a difference (without divulging which was which), she agreed that the right side was sleeker, smoother, softer and didn't have as many of those annoying short flyaway hairs that stick up (due to over use of styling tools).

My housemate with normal non frizzy hair tested it, while she found it nicer to use; lighter, doesn't get hot in hand, cool sound effects. I couldn't see any difference in her hair (vs styling with current model). If you have Afro hair or thick unruly hair this product will be a good investment and I advise purchasing, otherwise stick with your current model and possibly upgrade if it breaks down.

Tips: The eclipse worked better when I used larger sections of hair. Ask the salon if you can test it out before purchasing to check its right for your hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by HinataSama

This is the best straighter i have ever used. It delivers silky straight curls and beautiful soft curls. The outside does not get hot unlike the previous ghds. I Found that it kept my hair stick straight in all conditions until i washed my hair. However one of my African-American clients who had very coarse frizzy hair in humidity started to frizz and slightly wave but was before beautifully silky straight, like the women on TV but without silicone's and special effects. I love this straightner, its amazing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by stephyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore the Eclipse! It has literally halved my styling time and my hair feels incredibly smooth. If you section your hair, apply a good quality heat protector and glide smoothly and slowly over your locks, you will have the best results. It heats really quickly and doesn't break the hair as you style. This product is worth the hefty price tag and I highly recommend it to those with coarse, frizzy, very curly or badly behaved hair. The design is beautiful and really stands out - making the older version look cheap and tacky in comparison. The Eclipses temperature adapts to the needs of your hair and has constant heat at an optimal 185 degrees Celsius (apparently this temp is best for your hair!). It also comes with a handy, slide over cover which keeps the plates together when you're not using it. Love it and plan to use it for years to come.