September 19, 2014 | 889 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste - Rose Initiale

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found it, the perfect pink blush in Rose Initiale! Goes with everything, from a deep berry lip to a sheer fuchsia. I've had it for more than a year now, and I'm not even half way through the compact. Not overly bright, but a buildable, sheer pink with just a touch of shimmer. I love it, and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer below, surprised how few reviews there are on this blush! It's a really pretty pink and peach blush. A bit like Orgasm, except without the sheen. It strikes a nice balance between the two colors, a bit of a punch color really. Also I love the amount of pigmentation. Like many of the Chanel blushes just the right amount of color, not too little, but also not too much. I will definitely repurchase this one, very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG blush.

The colour is gorgeous, it's a warmish pink, that doesn't lean too warm, and matches everything. It's got a bit of peach to it and is great as an everyday blush, or buildable for a night out.

Pigmentation is great, and the product is finely milled.

Not a huge fan of the brush that comes with it, but I can use my own.

Cannot recommend enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rose Initiale pleasantly surprised me. The SA @ Nordstrom's picked this color for me, but I thought it was too bright for my NC-25 skin, However, it's the perfect mix of pink and peach, more of a coral-ly peach shade with minimal shimmer. Agree with the previous reviewer this would suit a variety of skin tones since the color is buildable. Like many Chanel products, it has the faint scent of roses, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

LOVE. I can't believe no one has reviewed this gorgeous blush! Rose Initiale was a Fall 2012 addition to the permanent collection. Sure, it is a tad expensive, but it's Chanel. The color is what I wish NARS Orgasm to be. Orgasm is too glittery/shimmery for my taste, as I like my cheeks to be subtly colored. That said, Rose Initiale isn't as pigmented as other blushes. It's a (barely) cool pink shade with hints of peach, with ever so slight shimmer that doesn't actually translate to shiny cheekbones. I can see this pink working for anyone because it's buildable.

The compact is all black with the Chanel logo, the entire lid is a mirror on the inside, and it comes with a little brush. As with any compact, the brush should be used just in case of touchup or if your actual brushes aren't available. For best results, use a decent size brush.

I'm not sure I would repurchase simply because even though I love the color, I'd rather try a different one next time. This is gorgeous, though.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No