Chanel Joues Contraste - Rose Initiale

4.6

on 2/4/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is really pricey because it's Chanel and it is nice but it lasts at most 2 hours on me. I've been liking wearing it on top of my Illamasqua Sleek velvet blush, and really like the combo. But it is the only time I appreciated the product. I was really not impressed by this one and would prefer not to have bought it. The compact is very nice though.

on 10/11/2014 1:57:00 AM

I love this blush!!! Beautiful
Pinkish color with a touch of peach. At first I thought too bright but after wearing it for a few days and getting the right amount applied it is stunning with my dark hair and brown eyes! Last all day does not fade or change color. The shimmer does not show up which is great! Makes me look younger and for the rose scent it fades away after a few minutes. Very pricey but worth it. Thinking of getting another shade also because this blush is damn good stuff!!!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Colour of pink rose pull slight coral with hint of shimmer. Shimmer not noticable. Have to layer slightly to get colour to show on my NC20-25 Asian complexion. Love the fresh pinch of colour on my cheeks. One of my fav JC blushes.

on 8/10/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have found it, the perfect pink blush in Rose Initiale! Goes with everything, from a deep berry lip to a sheer fuchsia. I've had it for more than a year now, and I'm not even half way through the compact. Not overly bright, but a buildable, sheer pink with just a touch of shimmer. I love it, and would definitely repurchase.

on 9/5/2013 11:51:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below, surprised how few reviews there are on this blush! It's a really pretty pink and peach blush. A bit like Orgasm, except without the sheen. It strikes a nice balance between the two colors, a bit of a punch color really. Also I love the amount of pigmentation. Like many of the Chanel blushes just the right amount of color, not too little, but also not too much. I will definitely repurchase this one, very happy with it.

on 3/31/2013 1:52:00 PM

This is my HG blush.

The colour is gorgeous, it's a warmish pink, that doesn't lean too warm, and matches everything. It's got a bit of peach to it and is great as an everyday blush, or buildable for a night out.

Pigmentation is great, and the product is finely milled.

Not a huge fan of the brush that comes with it, but I can use my own.

Cannot recommend enough!

on 3/3/2013 6:40:00 PM

Rose Initiale pleasantly surprised me. The SA @ Nordstrom's picked this color for me, but I thought it was too bright for my NC-25 skin, However, it's the perfect mix of pink and peach, more of a coral-ly peach shade with minimal shimmer. Agree with the previous reviewer this would suit a variety of skin tones since the color is buildable. Like many Chanel products, it has the faint scent of roses, which I love.

on 3/1/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. I can't believe no one has reviewed this gorgeous blush! Rose Initiale was a Fall 2012 addition to the permanent collection. Sure, it is a tad expensive, but it's Chanel. The color is what I wish NARS Orgasm to be. Orgasm is too glittery/shimmery for my taste, as I like my cheeks to be subtly colored. That said, Rose Initiale isn't as pigmented as other blushes. It's a (barely) cool pink shade with hints of peach, with ever so slight shimmer that doesn't actually translate to shiny cheekbones. I can see this pink working for anyone because it's buildable.

The compact is all black with the Chanel logo, the entire lid is a mirror on the inside, and it comes with a little brush. As with any compact, the brush should be used just in case of touchup or if your actual brushes aren't available. For best results, use a decent size brush.

I'm not sure I would repurchase simply because even though I love the color, I'd rather try a different one next time. This is gorgeous, though.