September 16, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection-Pinking of You

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by pammbw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this and liked it, as I was looking for some pinky brown eyeshadows, and it reminded me of my daughters Naked 3 palette. I figured for 6 bucks how could I go wrong? Then I read the reviews here, and was apprehensive. I decided to give it a fair and honest shake, without any bias. I try to be fair in my makeup choices, no snobbery here, and love drug store and high end equally.

I put it on dry, using maybe 4 of the colors, no primer, using the sponge applicator and my Elf brushes. I had a small amount of fallout on my cheekbone, cleaned it up with a bit of pressed powder. It could have been the brushes I used, further testing needed on the brushes.

Pigmentation was good. What I would expect from any eyeshadow. It lasted a good 6 hours or so before I saw any fading on a muggy June day, and I saw no creasing and had shadow still on my eyes at 1030pm when I went to bed, after doing yardwork and housework. Pretty darn good. I have dry skin and eye lids.

My dislikes- too shimmery, and some of the colors are too similar.

Conclusion- This is a good buy for the price.

I am going to do a comparison with the naked 3 palette and edit this review with the results.

I figure with the $50 I would have spent on the N3, I can buy every single eye shadow loreal, wet and wild, or covergirl makes (on sale) and still have change left in my pocket, and have many more versatile colors! Thanks Hard Candy!!

EDIT- I used the Naked 3 palette today, and found no real significant difference in quality. The colors were a different story. the N3 colors are gorgeous. Buy the palette because you love the colors, not because you think it is a better eye shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Chells182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not so pigmented as I expected . Very shimmery didn't really like the results through out the day :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I waited for months for Walmart to restock this color and finally it came in. I tried it today all excited for this rosy smoky eye. Bleh...it's ok, its not very pigmented and has TONS of fallout. TONS. Like my whole under eye was covered and I used patting motions and primer. Unbelievably light and you have to build and build with barely any color payoff.

I'm not that happy with it, but I will hang onto it for a sheer rose eye in summer and spring. Skip this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by KailaLynne626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was probably my worst buy of the month. I didn't get the pink one like described in the title, but I got the one from the picture in "Naturally Gorgeous". I gave it four stars for packaging because this was one of the reasons I picked it up. I waited a while for them to restock it at my local Wal-Mart for $6. The first time I used it, I used four very different shades for my entire lid, highlight, contour and a dark shadow to create a neutral brown eye. Nope. It ended up looking very silvery and cheap. All of the colors are sorta pigmented but they are waaaay shimmery. So much so that it transforms your look- and not in a good way. I had fallout like no other and even with a primer underneath, it still looked like crap four hours later. Maybe it was my choice in the color I got or maybe it really is just a crap palette. I normally love Hard Candy eyeshadows but this was just an upset for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very light, pale colors that go great with my heavy black liner! There are 10 shades, 2 applicators, and a mirror at a price of $6! This was my great buy of the week! Contains 4 pinks, 4 purples, a greenish-gray and a pale silvery-gray...very nice!