September 2, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 252 Ultimate Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: I received this palette for $16 and I am in love!!!! The ranges of color offered in this palette will keep you excited to experiment! My favorite part of the palette are the warm earth tone shades (reds, yellows, browns, oranges, subtle blues and greens.) They blend extremely well and they match up nicely with the satin eyeshadows. I create so many different looks almost everyday I wear makeup. Trust me ladies you will never run out of ideas or to the store for last minute eyeshadow colors. The colors that are chalky I usually mix them with other colors to create more gradient shades. The sizes of the eyeshadow don't bother me since it takes like forever to use up just one.

Cons: The case is quite bulky and I do not like how plain it looks. The third palette didnt have enough purple shades. It felt like someone just ran out of ideas and placed more brown and chalky shades.

Coastal Scents, ya'll NEED to open up a store!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ChristyPatterson74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!! Colors are very pigmented. The price is great. The pans are a little small. Great overall product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

BEST PALETTE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Great color selection, easy packaging to take everywhere you go for a trip and stuff. I take it to a sleepover and everyone loves it. Colors are great and very pigments. So many colors its like heaven:) definitely would get again, but I don't think all the colors will run out any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Kathsabino

I wanted to to practice colors and eyeshadows because all of my eyeshadow looks are very neutral and I didn't want to buy eyeshadow and waste it all by just practicing. There are a lot of pigmented shades, and of course there are some that have very little color payoff. The good thing is that if there is a color you want with weak color payoff, there are so many other colors that are similar that you are bound to find one that gives you the color you want. Primer is a must and a base is very useful if you want very vibrant colors. Some shades are very soft and buttery, and some are very chalky. It really differs with each color. The packaging is not the best, and the shipping cost was so much! But it was worth it because I ended up having no cracked shadows. All in all, this is a very good palette, and it had everything you need for professionals, beginners, and just to practice with. The size of each shade is about the size of a dime, and although it is small, you will not hit pan for a while, and even if you do, there is most likely going to be a shade in the palette very similar to it. I would totally buy again, but I really don't think I would have to with 252 shades! Haha

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

this palette gives you the ability to change your look up every day, you will find every color you need in here. the shimmery and satin colors are more pigmented than the matte but thats expected. great color payoff, but it is flakey. similar to wet n wild shadows & for the price, you cannot beat it! great for beginners and professionals

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by aurora0917

Although I'm not the hugest fan of the packaging for this palette, I am willing to overlook that small aspect because the selection and range of shadows in the palette is phenomenal. Since there are many different shadows that vary (some shimmers, some mattes, some glitters), some of them work better than others. But overall, the pigmentation is great, and comparable to (and in some cases for some shades, even better than) high end brands like Urban Decay, Lorac, and the like. The only thing I'm not huge on is the cheap-looking packaging, but this is my first time using Coastal Scents, and I am impressed. (Side note: I am a huge eyeshadow snob and hoarder, so I guess that says a little bit.)

This palette contains every shade of the rainbow, all the colors in between, and beyond. A couple lighter matte shades are kind of chalky and some of the shimmers have mad fall-out... but other than that, I'd say the other 80% of the palette has superb pigmentation, blendability, and color pay-off. I honestly believe there isn't a look this palette cannot achieve. The only drawback is that this palette is so huge and not very travel-friendly (but I guess one can always go to coastal scents' website and create a customized palette based on certain shades from the 252 that they like... which i may end up doing.)

So if you are looking for a convenient palette, or are new to eyeshadow, you should probably look elsewhere for something more neutral and easier to work with.

But if you love creating a huge variety of looks, then this one's a keeper. Additionally, the quality of the shadows (contrary to the cheapish packaging) are very high-quality and pigmented. The price tag is also quite low for the "ginormous" amount of product you attain in this palette. I must also confess there are some shades in this palette that I frequent more than all the other palettes I own... so I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this palette! It has every color you can think of, yay! The color payoff from the shadows are awesome, very vibrant and easy to blend :) as an aspiring mua it was a great buy. I paid $24.95 and would pay that again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this product, I got it for $17, it was on sale at the time. I think the reg. price is $26? It came 3 days after i ordered it. It came with 4 sample shades, an 'i love makeup' bumper sticker, and a little pink zipper bag. This palette is a makeup junkie's dream! There are so many ranges of color, blues, greens,pinks,oranges,browns,greens all with a few matte versions and a few shimmer versions, so many colors to play with! And the colors are extremely pigmented and long-lasting. The little pots of eyeshadows are about the size of a dime, but big enough to fit a makeup brush. I love the case because you can pull out all 3 trays seperately and its really conveniant. This is great buy, and you can get so many looks from this one palette.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by NotAfraid2BeMe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette offers a lot of versatility. I paid around $30 for 252 shadows. The pans are a little smaller than dime size, and definitely smaller than the 88 palettes. It comes in a small box with bubble wrap lined on the inside, and plastic sheets covering each section. The palette itself is about 3/4 of an inch tall, and it has 3 plastic palettes inside. There are 84 eyeshadows on each individual palette.

The quality of each shadow is hit and miss, but you have A LOT of colors. This palette has good brights and surprisingly good metallics. The metallics could go against some high end brands! Because there are so many different colors, though, there's some variety in quality. This palette has a few stand out shades, specifically a coral, a bronze, a champagne, a blue with a gold metallic sheen, an aqua green, and a shimmery light periwinkle. To break it down...

The top palette:
This one has the warmer colors in it (reds, oranges, yellows, browns, etc.) The "golds" are really just yellowy and glittery. There is one gold that is gold, but still more yellow then most. The yellows are mostly good pigmentation, there are a few sheer ones, though.

The oranges are OKAY. Nobody really wears orange shadows, but they are nice to play around with or add a little pop of color. There is a few nice corals in with the oranges, including an awesome matte one, and a few shimmery ones. The few pinks on this palette are hot pink. I wish there were more softer pinks included in this palette, because most of them are barbie pink or insanely bright. Again, they're good to add a little for a pop of color.

The reds are really good pigmentation and it's hard to find red eyeshadows (and quality ones, at that) These are really nice reds! There's a true red, a scarlet, and some other shades. There's a few cranberry-ish shade, but I wish this palette had a true cranberry. These have too much red.

The neutrals on this palette are nice, there's some nice mattes and shimmers. There's a really unique brown. It's the third row from the top, and third row from the right. It's a matte brown base, but with blue glitter. It works, even if you are afraid of blues. There's a few neutral muted purples, and some pretty plum shades. There's a deep purple with bright purple glitter that's wonderful. It's dark enough to be used as an eyeliner shade. It really makes my hazel eyes POP. There's also a few taupey-gray shades and highlight shades.Overall, this is my favorite out of the 3.

The second palette:
This palette has your blues, greens, and cooler neutrals. The darker shades on this one aren't true to color, they are lighter.

The darker greens are great, the lighter greens are pigmented. Most of the greens are great, though. A lot of them are unique. My favorite is a bright green with gold glitter. There's a few acid greens that I won't use, though.

The grays are good. Some are more pigmented than others, but they're a pretty good quality. Again, the darker grays are a little lighter. Swatch or try them out before you use them to go out. There are also some cooler toned browns in this palette. There's also a very warm brown with gold shimmer, which seems out of place to me. It's like they didn't have enough room on the top palette.

The blues- AWESOME. there are all types of blues! Green-aqua blues, to royal blues. There's one blue on the bottom row with a gold metallic sheen and it is SO PRETTY. Some of the matte pastel blues aren't very pigmented, though. The shimmer blues- no complaints!!!! Even if you are afraid of blues, you'll love some of these shades!

The third palette:

This one has variety of colors. I don't understand, the other ones are so grouped. I guess this is their shades they has left over or didn't feel fit into one palette. I like it, though!
(From left to right)
The first row has grays, silvers, and blacks (darker than the grays and silvers in the second palette). They're okay. There's a gray-black with multicolored shimmer that I like to use as an eyeliner shade. You could definitely do a silver smokey eye with this, but I prefer other eyeshadows I have for that. The white and light gray are good highlights, though!

The next row has some blue-y, green-y shades.They're good quality and would be good for a spring look. There is a black in this row, and a darker blue, and a pewtery blue color. They're good to have but not very exciting.

The third row is purples. They're OKAY. The dark, matte purple on top is good, and the sparkly purple underneath it is, too. These purples lack pigmentation. There is a random gray in this row. Again, not exciting.

Next, is the row of pinks. It's hot pinks and barbie pinks, with a few muted rosey colors. Those are okay, one is very purple. One is great, the other has very little pigmentation. The rest are too bright. I wish this had the pretty, soft pinks. They are good quality, though.

The fifth row is "golds". They are too yellowy. I won't get much use out of these.

Then, there is 2 rows of browns. There are GREAT metallics in these rows (4 of them) One row is warmer, the other is cooler. I love these browns. There are some good mattes here.

The next two rows have greens. Instead of bright greens like from the second palette, there is more forest greens, and some more blue-y greens. Really pretty and good pigmentation!

The next row is brown/coral colors. There's a good bronze metallic, and a really good coral/orange. The coral at the bottom is a good highlight, but lacks pigment.

The row after is purple/pewter/perwinkle. There's a really good, super-sparkly, pale blue that is SO SOFT and pretty. The purples are more cool toned. They're okay. They aren't very pigmented.

The last row has goldy browns. There is a metallic gold/brown that's really pretty, and a less metallic one above it. The rest of them are MEH quality. The white in the corner is chaulky and barely shows up..

Overall, I'd recommen