Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Honestly, what's not to love about these shadows? 252 eyeshadows should be enough to last you a lifetime! These are so pigmented, just beautiful. Every single color of the rainbow, color wheel, color spectrum is in this palette! I think everyone should at least try this out, because you can do any eye look you'd ever want. For around $20, this is absolutely worth the money. These are buttery, creamy, blend out so nicely! I recommend! Two massive thumbs up!!

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

There is just so much you can do with this palette. I love the choices of different finishes and colors. I also really like how this is very portable and small, love the different "pages" as well. For the price Im honestly SHOCKED at the quality of these shadows, as long as you use a primer they go on perfectly and last all day. I always get complements when I use these shadows, I always recommend this to my friends that are just starting out or that want to try something different.

on 8/26/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros: I received this palette for $16 and I am in love!!!! The ranges of color offered in this palette will keep you excited to experiment! My favorite part of the palette are the warm earth tone shades (reds, yellows, browns, oranges, subtle blues and greens.) They blend extremely well and they match up nicely with the satin eyeshadows. I create so many different looks almost everyday I wear makeup. Trust me ladies you will never run out of ideas or to the store for last minute eyeshadow colors. The colors that are chalky I usually mix them with other colors to create more gradient shades. The sizes of the eyeshadow don't bother me since it takes like forever to use up just one.

Cons: The case is quite bulky and I do not like how plain it looks. The third palette didnt have enough purple shades. It felt like someone just ran out of ideas and placed more brown and chalky shades.

Coastal Scents, ya'll NEED to open up a store!!!!!

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!! Colors are very pigmented. The price is great. The pans are a little small. Great overall product!

BEST PALETTE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Great color selection, easy packaging to take everywhere you go for a trip and stuff. I take it to a sleepover and everyone loves it. Colors are great and very pigments. So many colors its like heaven:) definitely would get again, but I don't think all the colors will run out any time soon.

on 10/9/2013 12:45:00 AM

I wanted to to practice colors and eyeshadows because all of my eyeshadow looks are very neutral and I didn't want to buy eyeshadow and waste it all by just practicing. There are a lot of pigmented shades, and of course there are some that have very little color payoff. The good thing is that if there is a color you want with weak color payoff, there are so many other colors that are similar that you are bound to find one that gives you the color you want. Primer is a must and a base is very useful if you want very vibrant colors. Some shades are very soft and buttery, and some are very chalky. It really differs with each color. The packaging is not the best, and the shipping cost was so much! But it was worth it because I ended up having no cracked shadows. All in all, this is a very good palette, and it had everything you need for professionals, beginners, and just to practice with. The size of each shade is about the size of a dime, and although it is small, you will not hit pan for a while, and even if you do, there is most likely going to be a shade in the palette very similar to it. I would totally buy again, but I really don't think I would have to with 252 shades! Haha

on 8/1/2013 5:32:00 PM

this palette gives you the ability to change your look up every day, you will find every color you need in here. the shimmery and satin colors are more pigmented than the matte but thats expected. great color payoff, but it is flakey. similar to wet n wild shadows & for the price, you cannot beat it! great for beginners and professionals

on 5/11/2013 8:45:00 PM

Although I'm not the hugest fan of the packaging for this palette, I am willing to overlook that small aspect because the selection and range of shadows in the palette is phenomenal. Since there are many different shadows that vary (some shimmers, some mattes, some glitters), some of them work better than others. But overall, the pigmentation is great, and comparable to (and in some cases for some shades, even better than) high end brands like Urban Decay, Lorac, and the like. The only thing I'm not huge on is the cheap-looking packaging, but this is my first time using Coastal Scents, and I am impressed. (Side note: I am a huge eyeshadow snob and hoarder, so I guess that says a little bit.)

This palette contains every shade of the rainbow, all the colors in between, and beyond. A couple lighter matte shades are kind of chalky and some of the shimmers have mad fall-out... but other than that, I'd say the other 80% of the palette has superb pigmentation, blendability, and color pay-off. I honestly believe there isn't a look this palette cannot achieve. The only drawback is that this palette is so huge and not very travel-friendly (but I guess one can always go to coastal scents' website and create a customized palette based on certain shades from the 252 that they like... which i may end up doing.)

So if you are looking for a convenient palette, or are new to eyeshadow, you should probably look elsewhere for something more neutral and easier to work with.

But if you love creating a huge variety of looks, then this one's a keeper. Additionally, the quality of the shadows (contrary to the cheapish packaging) are very high-quality and pigmented. The price tag is also quite low for the "ginormous" amount of product you attain in this palette. I must also confess there are some shades in this palette that I frequent more than all the other palettes I own... so I highly recommend this product!

on 4/14/2013 9:38:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this palette! It has every color you can think of, yay! The color payoff from the shadows are awesome, very vibrant and easy to blend :) as an aspiring mua it was a great buy. I paid $24.95 and would pay that again.

on 4/11/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I recently bought this product, I got it for $17, it was on sale at the time. I think the reg. price is $26? It came 3 days after i ordered it. It came with 4 sample shades, an 'i love makeup' bumper sticker, and a little pink zipper bag. This palette is a makeup junkie's dream! There are so many ranges of color, blues, greens,pinks,oranges,browns,greens all with a few matte versions and a few shimmer versions, so many colors to play with! And the colors are extremely pigmented and long-lasting. The little pots of eyeshadows are about the size of a dime, but big enough to fit a makeup brush. I love the case because you can pull out all 3 trays seperately and its really conveniant. This is great buy, and you can get so many looks from this one palette.

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products