July 23, 2014 | 1841 users online

Polishes - OPI - Vant to Bite my Neck?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice, richly pigmented, slightly muted, eggplant purple creme. In some light (such as the indirect and warm light in which I spend most of my time) it moves into looking off-black, but for the most part, the purple character of the polish is quite evident, so it's dark but not too dark, and it's distinguishable as being definitely purple. So this isn't "mostly black and occasionally purple" like so many dark purples. This is "purple that occasionally looks dark".

Formula is good, nice coverage and easy application. Two coats is fine and absolutely opaque; you might be able to get away with one coat if you're good with a brush.

Overall, a very worthwhile polish. If you're a fan of medium-to-dark, slightly muted, eggplant purple, this will be a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

What can I say? I love this color!!! Super stunning dark eggplant purple. Not black but super dark! Get it you will not be disappointed! Goes on like a dream and super shiny. One of my favorites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Vant To Bite My Neck? is my latest OPI buy and is already becoming a favourite; it is a rich eggplant colour, with a lovely, shiny creme finish - I'd forgotten how nice and easy uncomplicated creme shades are. Vant To Bite My Neck isn't the most original shade, but it has a instantly noticeable stronger purple undertone, and is a slightly lighter shade overall, than Lincoln Park After Dark.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat and it dries quickly (within three minutes). This shade is a two coater on me.

Using my usual base and top coat, this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but I’m tough on my hands and am always catching my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by 09remy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am ready for the fall and wanted to bring out my dark polishes. I am an OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and Essie Wicked kind of girl! However, spotted this at Kroger last week and decided to give it a try. LOVE IT! It is similar to LPAD but not as "black" looking. I definitely see the purple(more like eggplant ). It would suit all ages...since I am in the over 40 crowd. Does make me feel fun and hip!! :). Did two coats with Seche Vite as top coat. I put it on my hands too, which was cute, but started chipping after two days. Toes still look perfect though. I think I like this as much, if not more, than LPAD or Wicked. No sparkles...thank goodness!!! Just an all around great color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vant To Bite My Neck? is from OPI Euro Centrale Collection 2013. This color is very dark when I put it indoor. It looks black. However, under natural light, I can see the purple. It is more like an eggplant purple with a black and also a hint of blue undertone. It still mainly purple though. The formula is creme and it is very smooth when I applied.
It took 2 coats to make it opaque and it really dries quickly. I find this color also suits fall/winter as it is very vampy. It's great to wear it in the evening gown and I will buy another one as it's a really pretty purple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a shade from the 2013 Euro Centrale collection. It's a very dark purple, OPI calls it eggplant, and a creme with no shimmer or glitter. It's not a polish that looks black until seen it bright light (I'm thinking LPAD), but it is very dark. I love it; it's straight dark purple and LOOKS purple, not bluish or reddish (thinking Every Month is Oktoberfest). It's very flattering on my fair, cool skintone.
Like all OPI polishes, application is very smooth, dry time is quick, and it lasts a good 5 days without chipping (using a good base and top coat). I'm only giving it a 4 rating because I think the price is high, $9. However, I got it at my JCP salon as part of a 2/$12 deal.