Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Perfect Pout Lip Color - Bebot Love

4.1

on 4/15/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this lippie. I only wish it were in a better tube. The product doesn't screw down all the way when it's new, so you have to be careful not to nick it with the cheaply constructed cap. The silver on the outside of the tube is wearing off with us, as well, but you can tell that I'm reaching for it quite often. Packaging aside, I love the slightly dry formula as it lasts a decent time on the lip without feeling cakey or dry. The shade of this darling lippie is just perfect for my coloring which is fair but it will continue to look good as my self tanner kicks in, so I think it would look good on a wide range of skin colors. I'm not finding this with the other shades on the shelf in this line and I hope it hasn't been discontinued. Thus, I will be buying a couple on line for my stash (as if I needed another lipstick). This is a lipstick that I want to have a couple backups of because the shade and formula is so perfect for me. I know WnW has to skimp on packaging to be able to offer us such great products at low prices but really we need better packaging on lipsticks so that they don't get all over our bags or get ruined. I also have other other nude and the orangy red in this line. The formula is consistent among the range. A big thank you also goes out to WnW for sealing the tubes with plastic. I will not buy a lippie in store unless it is factory sealed.

Truly MLBB! I could not stop checking this color out in the rearview mirror. (Don't you love tearing into a new cosmetic purchase and putting it on right in the parking lot!?) It looked brown and dead in the store, but on the lips is lovely mauve nude on me. It's the exact same color as the inside of my lower lip but looks so much more finished. Texture was creamy and moisturizing, didn't sink into lip lines or migrate out. Extra sweet deal because it was 25% off at Walgreens and there was a $1 off tear pad!!!

on 5/12/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A light brown with a touch of pink. In the store it looked more pink with some rose in it too.
The packaging hasn't improved much over the last 20 years. You can still nick a lipstick easily, and it feels really cheap. For those reasons, I'm not sure why they charge more for these than their other lipsticks. Just because Fergie's name is on them? With my NW 20 skin tone this is about as brown as I can get away with. It's still not an exact dupe for the much loved Toasted Coconut. I also bought Fergie Daily and found it to be a flat/dead nude. I have to pair it with a pink lip liner to make it flattering.

on 3/26/2014 10:19:00 PM

Pink-brown (more brown) nude matte color. It doesn't look too frosty, and with a dark pink lipliner (like MAC beurre), looks really great. Very cheap price, especially on sale.

Cons: Makes my lips peel like crazy, so can't be an everyday lipstick. Also, lipstick tube packaging shows every little scratch, plus I worry that the cap may fall off at any time in my purse (happened to my bright red Wet n Wild lipstick and it was awful). But disclaimer that I didn't rate this lower bc of packaging, since the price is so cheap you can't really expect a whole lot. Just wouldn't trust placing in your purse or makeup bag by itself, prob needs its own plastic bag or container.

on 2/25/2014 3:12:00 PM

I feel so disappointed that this color looks pretty awful on me. After going through a bold red phase this winter, I was hoping to score a pretty nude as we head into spring (some day). This got such high reviews here, and even looks like a better quality lipstick than a typical wnw lipstick or its drugstore equivalent. I guess it's not really the company's fault that this is not the right color for me, but it sure looks like it would work for me as viewed through the clear top. I have pale to pale/medium caucasian skin with cool tones, light blonde hair. This looks like a pinky-nude in the package, which should work on me. Worn, it looks like mud! I'm not kidding you, that was my initial reaction! It kind of looks like a thick, beige-y mud on my lips. On me, it's definitely not terracotta or pinky at all. It kind of looks like a chocolate-milk-mustache on my mouth. Not a good look. No worries though, because it had ZERO staying power, and was gone in literally 15 minutes. The formula was a little creamy, which was nice, but not really moisturizing. Yes, I know, it was like $2.99, what do I expect. I could look past the lack of staying power & the lack of moisture, but not the color mismatch. This will be given away.

on 2/9/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite lipsticks of all time, I use it all the time. I own over 100 lipsticks, so that is saying something!

TEXTURE: VERY pigmented, very creamy & feels moisturizing, has a lot of 'slip.' It is so-so on moisturization in the sense that while you are wearing it it feels like it's moisturizing, but after a day of wearing my lips did dry up. This didn't affect the texture of the lipstick while it was only lips though, as in it didn't go into my lip lines, or look cakey or pill up or anything.

LONGEVITY: I wouldn't say this is particularly long lasting, but it doesn't come off in 1 hour. I think this lasts on my 3 hours before starting to fade, and it does bleed. I use a clear lip liner and it helps.

COLOR: This is a perfect nude for me, I am NC35 with yellow undertones and pigmented berry lips. I like my nudes not ashy gray, not too brown but with slightly peach or pink tones. It's so versatile, love using it with a colorful or smokey eye to not overpower my look, but also like to use it with a strong cheek and neutral eye, it brings out the slight pink/beige tone.

PACKAGING: It sucks. I really hate the packaging on these because I smush the bullet into the cap more often than not, but what do you expect, it's very inexpensive.

PRICE: You can get it for what, $2 - $4 ? I've seen it at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, drugstore.com. Great deal. I have 2 backups of this and I love it and will repurchase again and again!

on 1/30/2014 10:06:00 AM

I really like this lipstick. It is part of the Fergie line which is priced more than the regular stuff (~$2 more). I think mine cost about $4 which is still a steal.

The lipstick is kind of a terracotta peachy nude color. I like it because it is darker than some other nudes which wash me out (NC15). This is not a MLBB color on me as my lips are more pink. Instead I think this is more a refined look that is subtle but you still look like you are wearing something.

Formula is slightly drying and long lasting but you will need to reapply after meals, etc. I hate reapplying so I will tolerate a slightly dry lipstick in exchange for longer wear.

Slanted top of the tube means you will squash the lipstick against it at some point. Its a given. Minor annoyance.

PROS:
Price
Color
Formula

CONS:
Packaging.

on 12/20/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: Lovely brown nude. Very pigmented and stays on well. Its not as drying as the MegaLast line, but not really creamy either. Great for medium to dark skin tones. This may look too brown on fair skin, but pair with a light colored gloss or lip liner and its easily wearable.

Will repurchase.

on 12/4/2013 11:23:00 PM

I really like the color, although I do apply a sheer pink glossy pencil over the top. This just takes away a tiny bit of the brown tone it gives and it's just a preference of mine when I wear it. The only thing I'm not crazy about with this is that it seems to transfer way too easily, almost like a lipgloss would. I would prefer it to be a more matte formula. But, for the price and the color quality I really can't complain.

on 11/24/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite lipsticks of all time! Looks amazing and is super creamy! I use it all the time!

Popular Lipsticks