Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads

1.9

These are really scratchy pads!! I received this free with the purchase of Simple Micellar water, and even at free I think they were too expensive. I'll use them up or give them to my coworker, because I don't like to be wasteful, but I will never purchase again. It takes at least 2 pads to get the majority of my eye makeup off, and then I still have to go over my eyes again with my HG Avon mineral wipes. The only benefit is that they are fragrance free and nothing harsh in them to hurt the eyes (well, aside from the REALLY AWFUL scratchiness of the pad itself). Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/22/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these wipes as they remove my makeup pretty well, but they always irritate my eyes, even if I rinse with water right after. I've been using these at night for a while and I always wake up with slightly puffy, red, irritated eyes. I thought it might just be my allergies but after reading all the other bad reviews I'm realizing that this product is causing the irritation. This seems to be a really common complaint.

on 4/22/2015 10:37:00 AM

These seemed dry. I had to use 2 on 1 eye.

on 4/22/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don!'t think I generally have "sensitive" skin but these really made the skin around my eyes sting. I was surprised, since the name and marketing imply that these are so gentle and pure. Definitely will not repurchase.

these made my eyes puffy under neath and irritated :(

on 1/23/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought these at Walgreens during a BOGO sale. I usually buy the Almay eye wipes and they're really good but thought I'd try these since they were on sale. I like that they don't take up a lot of room in my drawer and were easy for traveling. The Almay ones are in a hard plastic jar and take up more room, etc. However, these dried out big time, really fast. In an effort to just finish them, I would re-wet them with water and then use them. They took off most eye makeup but not mascara. Will not buy again due to the drying out.

on 9/19/2014 7:15:00 PM

I like products from Simple (I am a regular user of their face washes and scrub) so I had high hopes for these makeup-remover pads. As other reviewers have stated, these just did not work well. Unlike others pads I've used, you really have to rub vigorously to get it to work. I don't even wear waterproof mascara and it was still a pain to remove. They are also too dry, even if the package has only been opened recently. Not worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bad. Just plain bad. I typically remove my eye makeup with cleansing oil but I was given these by someone who wasn't going to use them. First of all, they are very dry. Secondly, forget removing waterproof makeup because this couldn't even remove non-wp stuff. I just kept tugging at my eyes, loosing more lashes. Don't bother.

on 6/12/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are awful. The pads are barely damp and require scrubbing at your eye to get mascara off--even non-waterproof mascara. They are also a little irritating, at least to my eyes.

on 6/8/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought these hoping to remove my waterproof covergirl lashblast mascara. Barely did anything. I gave 2 stars because I never tried to remove regular mascara or eyeshadow. It didn't bug my eyes or my sensitive skin though. Had to use Ponds to get the waterproof mascara off.

I love the facial cleansing wipes, so this was pretty disappointing.