Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.0

on 7/13/2015 8:22:00 PM

Scratchy and irritating! None of Simple's products work for me because they're just not gentle! Something in their products always irritates my skin. I will stick with my beloved La Roche Posay instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Surprised by the low ratings for this eye makeup remover. Not once did these irritate, nor sting, my eyes. These didn't leave behind an oily mess, either. As a makeup remover, I had to swipe eyes several times to remove eye makeup. I don't mind having to swipe several times, as long as I don't have to tug. Used both sides of the pad to remove eye makeup. Do prefer the smooth side of the pad over the etched side of the pad. When I first used these, worried the etched side of the pad would irritate my eye area, but it never did, thank goodness.

On the fence if I will repurchase or not because a liquid remover would be more economical.

on 7/13/2015 2:19:00 PM

I have sensitive skin and while these are not the softest pads I do like them, they clear every trace of makeup and do not irritate my eyes. Will be getting again.

These are really scratchy pads!! I received this free with the purchase of Simple Micellar water, and even at free I think they were too expensive. I'll use them up or give them to my coworker, because I don't like to be wasteful, but I will never purchase again. It takes at least 2 pads to get the majority of my eye makeup off, and then I still have to go over my eyes again with my HG Avon mineral wipes. The only benefit is that they are fragrance free and nothing harsh in them to hurt the eyes (well, aside from the REALLY AWFUL scratchiness of the pad itself). Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/22/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these wipes as they remove my makeup pretty well, but they always irritate my eyes, even if I rinse with water right after. I've been using these at night for a while and I always wake up with slightly puffy, red, irritated eyes. I thought it might just be my allergies but after reading all the other bad reviews I'm realizing that this product is causing the irritation. This seems to be a really common complaint.

on 4/22/2015 10:37:00 AM

These seemed dry. I had to use 2 on 1 eye.

on 4/22/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don!'t think I generally have "sensitive" skin but these really made the skin around my eyes sting. I was surprised, since the name and marketing imply that these are so gentle and pure. Definitely will not repurchase.

these made my eyes puffy under neath and irritated :(

on 1/23/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought these at Walgreens during a BOGO sale. I usually buy the Almay eye wipes and they're really good but thought I'd try these since they were on sale. I like that they don't take up a lot of room in my drawer and were easy for traveling. The Almay ones are in a hard plastic jar and take up more room, etc. However, these dried out big time, really fast. In an effort to just finish them, I would re-wet them with water and then use them. They took off most eye makeup but not mascara. Will not buy again due to the drying out.

on 9/19/2014 7:15:00 PM

I like products from Simple (I am a regular user of their face washes and scrub) so I had high hopes for these makeup-remover pads. As other reviewers have stated, these just did not work well. Unlike others pads I've used, you really have to rub vigorously to get it to work. I don't even wear waterproof mascara and it was still a pain to remove. They are also too dry, even if the package has only been opened recently. Not worth it!