October 22, 2014 | 1667 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Backround: very oily, acne-prone skin. I've been having acne problems for almost 15 years, now i get just some breakouts when my skin starts going crazy, but I have billions of scars(all kinds and shapes) which I try to improve using lots of AHAs and BHAs. So...I usually don't use a moisturizer, but this winter, because of all the treatments, the cold weather and the horribly dry air from my apartment, I felt my skin was getting dry. I started checking all the internet for a moisturizer with an SPF 30, good for oily, acne-prone skin. After reading and reading, my two options where Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and this one. As I can't find Paula's Choice products in France and I didn't want to pay 10euro for delivery just for one product, I decided to buy the one from Cetaphil.

It's an ok product, but I feel there can be better, so I will try the one from Paula's Choice and maybe others, before buying this one again.

Pros:
- lightweight, doesn't feel greasy and feels nice after applying.
- doesn't break me out.
- enough hydrating for my situation
- good makeup base. I leave this for around 15-20min and after I apply my Colorstay for Combo/Oily skin or my Garnier BB Cream for Combo/oily skin and I love the finish!
- nice packaging, I like all products that come with a nice pump.
- pretty big quantity. I've been using it for two months daily (1-1,5 full pumps each time) and I still have 60% in the bottle.
- doesn't have "problems" with Benzoyl Peroxide or BHAs.
- doesn't sting (face area...excluding eyes, there is another story)
- no white cast

Cons:
- Stings the eyes pretty bad, so I must be very careful not to go too close to my eyes.
- doesn't control oil as it claims, but It also doesn't make it worse
- if you are not careful, at the hairline or at the eyebrows you can get some flakes; but this happened only a few time when I didn't massage it good.

If would control a little the oil and would be good for eye area, for me would be perfect...but it seems I must keep searching.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist is crazy about Cetaphil so I said I'd give this moisturizer a try. I've got to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

It doesn't totally prevent shine, but it definitely cut down on my oil quite significantly. It doesn't make a finishing powder obsolete, of course, but it's reduced my oil more than any primer I've ever tried did. This leads to my makeup lasting a lot longer and staying in the right place.

Pros: It works, of course. It didn't break me out, I haven't noticed any clogs like I did with CeraVe, and it doesn't have an obnoxious smell like more Cetaphil products. I also love the sturdy bottle and the lock top because I travel a lot.

Cons: It does smell like sunscreen, if that bothers you. And don't put it near your eyes or it will sting, I use a separate moisturizer for my under eye and lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this moisturizer, although there are a few things that make it unworthy of 5 lippies.
The good:
Does not break me out or burn my sensitive skin, which is huge, considering many moisturizers break me out or cause my skin to be reactive.
Great job of moisturizing without adding shine
Comes with a pump that you can lock when traveling
The bad:
If you get this near your eyes, it starts stinging and will not stop. I have never had a moisturizer do this, but it is awful!
It does not control shine, so if you are looking for that matte look or real oil control, this may not be the moisturizer for you.
Overall, this is a good moisturizer for skin that is not super-oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by claudiacpc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and was hoping this would work for me, but it was just okay- nothing great and I am sure it works better for those with normal to oily skin. It did go on light and left a matte finish, but it didn't quite control the oil. After using for about 2 days I did notice a few tiny bumps like a small case of acne- I ended up returning it. I'm looking into a better oil control, age fighting moisturizer and haven't been able to find one yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by travelkay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to love this line so bad but really think its imcreased my breakouts! I

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cindy007

I am so glad this product was invented! Its like one of those gigantic bottles of stuff you don't feel like you have to "ration" in any way. Its a light lotion with spf 30 that absorbs pretty quickly. I'm not going to say its really "oil control", but it absolutely does not add any oil to your face, just some light moisture, and I don't care how oily one's face is, everyone needs a little moisture. Spf 30 is great, not too little like spf 15 (which I don't even use anymore, just not enough). Also, not too much like spf 50 (which is not a problem if you have dry skin but is if you have oily because the sunscreen ingredients are just oily themselves). Ok, the scent of this product is not the best, kind of chemically, but that is because is it fragrance free and they haven't used anything to cover up the smell. Its ok, it goes away almost immediately.

I have used this product for a cpuple of weeks now. The only gripe I have is that if it gets in the eyes, it stings a lot. So, one word of caution is to keep it away from the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It may be listed under moisturizer, but for me this is my primary facial sunscreen. It has supplanted Neutrogena drytouch sunscreens as my go-to daily combo product. I think it is a great product. SPF is 30; it can be worn over skin treatments,and absorbs nicely for wear under makeup. It says it is formulated for acne prone skin - it definitely does not cause any breakouts or other reactions for me. FYI - I'm 66, with large pores, used-to-be-oily skin with now dry skin on cheeks and undereye, but still with some breakout problems. I have been considering buying a case just in case they discontinue it (not really, because it has an expiration date). I highly recommend it for people who like a very light feel.