October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Elnett Satin Heat Protection Styling Spray for Curls

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by pollypo

urgh, even thinking about this product makes my headache and nausea come back. The smell is far too much for me, i genuinely started to feel dizzy and had to wash it out of my hair. i know some people say they dont mind the smell, but if youre at all sensitive to strong chemical-y smells, far worse than walking through the perfume section of a large department store, then i say stay away!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this product a lot, it does its job, but I donít love it. I guess Iím a little bitter from having to leave my old HG heat spray Tresemme thermal creations because it contains silicones (using the CG method, love it). I donít like the smell of this stuff and itís overpriced but Iíve searched through every heat spray at the drug store and at a salon and this was the only silicone free one. I love my hair without silicones and it needs protection for when I curl or blow-dry it so this is really my only option. It also doesn't have any real hold for me, but I usually use some kind of setting product after I style anyways. It does a decent job though, not a bad product overall. I will be repurchasing unless a silicone-free alternative pops up, Iíd like to try out another just to compare.

UPDATE: I have tried another silicone/sulfate free heat spray and I realized I like this one more than I thought. The hold is good enough, and I forgot to mention that the packaging is pretty nice looking and practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Product - LíOreal Elnett Satin Heat Protection Styling Spray for Curls
* Product Claims - Heat protectant spray that protects your hair up to 230C and specially adapted for use with hair dryers or heat stylers. Locks in the style for 3 days. Protects from frizz and humidity.
* My Hair - Long (past my shoulders), thick, and naturally wavy.
* Review - I must admit, this product first caught my eye due to its very pretty packaging. With its golden interior bottle encased in a clear bottle and clever safety lock trigger, itís definitely the prettiest hair styling product in the drugstore. I try not to be easily tempted by packaging alone but sometimes, itís hard to resist. Besides, this is specially formulated for curling hair. And itís part of the famed Elnett range. So of course, I just *had* to try it. And boy am I glad that I did! Firstly, there's the fragrance. Itís the (in)famous Elnett scent which I remember fondly growing up. Both my grandmother and mother used to use Elnett hair spray way back in the day. In fact, my mom used to smuggle the original bottles of hair spray back from France before it was available in the US! Secondly, the product is lightweight and applies easily with a fine mist. Surprisingly, given that itís a non-aerosol spray. The pump delivers a fine mist each and every time. Itís not sticky and it doesnít weigh down my hair. Thirdly, this product promises added volume and it totally delivers --- in spades. I spray about 5-6 times throughout my damp just towel-dried hair, spraying from root to tip. I then comb through. I then blow-dry my head upside down with an ionic hair dryer with diffuser attached and I slowly dry my hair. Now dear MUA readers, this is where the magic happens: immediately, I notice that my hair has at least twice as much volume than before! In fact, I resemble the Lion Queen with my HUGE blow-dried hair! This spray really does wonders in the volumizing category! I then style with my favorite Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand, aiming for that oh so sexy Victoriaís Angels runway look. And let me tell you, this really makes it all come together. For that super-sexy-VA-VA-VA-VOOM-supermodel-hair-that-will-not-stop, this is THE ultimate product.
* Pros/Cons - It is perfumed and the fragrance is the same as LíOrealís Elnett Hair Spray. Either you like it or you donít. Also, I donít know about the 3-day claim by LíOreal as I usually cannot wait 3-days to wash my hair.
* Tip - I finish off my styling with a light mist of LíOreal Elnett Satin Lumiere hairspray with micro-diffusing light for ultimate shine and glamour. With these styling products, my hair has very nice volume and sexy curls that lasts overnight.
* Price - A 170 ml spray bottle retails for around Ä 8. A little pricey for a drugstore product. But given its great design and how well it works on my hair, it's worth it.
* Verdict - Iím not often impressed by hair styling products but this is something that is worth writing home about and moreover, raving about here on MUA. Iím very happy with this product and no doubt about it, I will definitely repurchase.