October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Smooth lock butter silk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this as im trying to switch my haircare products back to salon brands as my hair has recently been coloured. It is mid brown long and fine with blonde ombre on the ends. Its easily tangled and dull.

This feels super moisturising and buttery. I can feel it detangling immediately. It makes my hair smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet45

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great deep conditioner, literally makes my hair feel like silk. I don't use everyday for fear it would weigh my hair down though. But when you need some extra moisture and smoothness this stuff will do the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This deep conditioner is one of the few that actually works on my hair. After the first and second use, I wasn't impressed. I have had the same bottle for almost a year because I don't need to use a lot, and I rotate with my deep conditioners. After a few uses, I can see the difference in the health and look of my hair the next morning (I deep condition at night, and then rinse it out and style in the morning)....RECOMMENDED FOR NATURALLY WAVY/CURLY HAIR LIKE MINE: Use this deep conditioner WITH the Redken Curvaceous deep conditioner. I can't believe how amazzing my hair looks and feels after doing this! The combination is realllllyyy good and my hair takes it very well. Leave it in for about 15-20 mins in a bun with a shirt wrapped around your head, then rinse it out! I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaaxo

I really loved this treatment, it was sitting in my bathroom cupboard for almost a year and I just used it the other day and it didn't weigh down my hair at all. I have medium to thick, course and brittle hair and found that products with a lot of moisture in my hair made my hair appear thicker and 'gunky' like even after I tried washing it out very well. I have tried so many products but keep coming back to Redken! I think the key with this product is to use only a small amount and ONLY on the ends! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chachamusicgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hell Yeah! Hell Yeah! This is what my hair was screaming when I used this product this morning after shampooing with Terax Miele Hydrating Shampoo. At first I hated the smell when I sniffed the bottle. Then after applying it to my hair, I realized that it smelled heavenly, like orange and some kind of spice like nutmeg, cinnamon or allspice. I left it on underneath a deep conditioning cap and rinsed. It left my hair super soft and easy to detangle. This is the best Redken product I have tried to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I'm on a mission to have long hair but I have trouble with not using heat products. I use this once a week as a deep conditioner on the day I plan to flat iron or curl my hair. It's been two months since my last haircut and no split ends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok I admit that as a fan of Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat I tried this with a closed mind. I was very upset they dc'ed Butter Treat. I've used BT since, well forever and always knew it was the reason why my heavily highlighted blonde hair is in tip top shape. Ok so I reluctantly bought the butter silk. My first impression was disliking the smell but oddly once it was rinsed out it smelled amazing (weird i know). I blowed dried my hair and the results are amazing, silky smooth buttery locks. It's really better than the BT. I've never had such silky, fresh smelling hair. Total HG and way better than butter treat. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I work at a retail salon that sells everything under the sun. I have a generous discount and plenty of samples come my way.

I used this both on my virgin hair and on my friend's highly chemically processed hair.

I've been bleaching his mohawk to be totally white. His hair is dark brown so we had to bleach it a couple of times to get the yellow out and I've been having him use violet shampoo, which is good for toning but isn't the most moisturizing. This time around, I brought him the Butter Silk and it made a world of difference! His hair went from being rough to the touch to soft and silky. He lets it soak in for a full 15 minutes.

As for my hair, it is very long and naturally pin straight. My biggest problems are greasy roots, tangling, and terrible split ends. So far, this is the BEST deep conditioner I've been able to try. It makes my hair incredible soft, shiny, and prevents tangling. My roots didn't get greasy overnight and my split ends were totally masked.

I let a friend of mine pet my hair after I used this and she said "oh my god, it's like baby hair!" I wanted to touch my hair all day too!

It's pricey but I'll still be picking up a bottle for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the replacement for the Redken deep conditioner Smooth Down Butter Treat, which was discontinued sometime in mid-2012, I believe.
I like this product as well as the previous one. It is more fragranced, with a scent of sweet almond and spice, which lingers on my hair for a day after shampooing. It rinses out somewhat easier, but still does a great job of moisturizing my dry, fine, color-treated hair. I use the as my normal conditioner, but it is really for use as a 5-15 minute deep conditioner. If you leave it on that long, it really rinses well. My hair seems to hold style and curl better with this product.
I use this with Redkens Clear Moisture shampoo. Have not yet tried the Smooth Lock shampoo.