Jimmy Choo Flash

3.1

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I am not very good at describing scents, which is why i dont often review perfumes but maybe this will help people who are similar to me.
I got this in a mini gift set with other JC scents.
First off, it has an ugly bottle. It reminds me of the crystal ornamental bowls, jars and vases my grandmother used to have around her house. It is not very pretty or feminine.
The scent is best described by me as a slightly sweet, slightly peppery aquatic. Someone above me described it as a 2000's scent and i can definitely put my hand up for that. The initial spray is offensive and billows over a good office floor radius, but funny enough doesn't induce a headache in me like many other heady scents do.
Dry down is warmer and less crisp.

The lasting power is decent, it is very apparent on me even after a whole day in the office.

definitely not wowed.

The first time I sprayed this fragrance was about a year ago when it first launched at Bloomingdales. I like the original Jimmy Choo. It was a strong departure from my usual scents but it somehow worked with my body chemistry. When I saw the Flash bottle, I was drawn to it. I like cubes in design. I expected something powerful yet fresh, cool, effervescent. I giggled when I realized Flash evoked a memory in me. It reminded me of my middle school favorite fragrance, Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson. Electric/Flash, I guess how that is translated by perfumers. Flash (lol) forward a year. I saw a deal on Groupon and bought a small bottle of Flash. I thought it might be a fun fragrance to break up occasional fragrance monotony. I find that it serves that purpose well. I like it best in cold weather and after it has set on my skin for about 10 minutes.

on 11/17/2014 5:18:00 AM

Jimmy Choo’s second fragrance launch is as sexy as a new pair of shoes and the perfect “dress up” fragrance that can be used day or night.

I have never been so captivated by a fragrance until being introduced to Flash.

Sparkles of Pink Pepper, Tangerine and Strawberry open the perfume with a surge of fruitiness while a sound heart of White Flowers and Tuberose gives a flirty little edge that almost morphs the fragrance into a fruity rose blend. White powdery woods combine with the fruit and floral elements during the dry down creating warmth, sensuality, and an intoxicating finish to a superb scent!

Flaunted in a cut crystal glass bottle with a diamond-like topper Flash is quite glitzy but in an elegant, refined way!

on 4/8/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Flash has just become my new go-to! I'm wearing it right now, and I love it! It's giving me that "high" that I seek in a new perfume. Very surprising and unexpected too, since I had previously sampled it at Sephora and immediately rejected it outright, never to revisit it again.

But I'm wearing a Flash sample vial today and have done a complete 180 on this scent. I just got finished ordering the largest gift set from Macy's online. I am madly in love with it now.

Such a lesson learned. Flash changed completely from first sniff to drydown on my skin. It changed from a bright outgoing floral perfume (per its theme) to something far more demure, languid, soft, and romantic. Perfume must be tried on skin and allowed to dry down before making judgments! (when will I learn?)

On my skin, it dries down soft, creamy, cuddly, warm, sensuous, and absolutely delicious. It smells like a soft vanilla gourmand (with a little pink pepper) when it dries down -- and because this doesn't actually have any vanilla, I'm guessing it must be the heliotrope note adding that similar feel?

I used to love Anna Sui Dreams (now d/c'd), in the little blue purse bottle, and the drydown is reminding me a bit of that -- except that Flash is more complex & grown-up. It has that same type soft fruit-floral-vanilla deliciousness about it, for me. The drydown also makes me think of Jessica Simpson Fancy Love somewhat -- another soft fruit-floral-vanilla mix.

The notes were listed below, in the first review at the very bottom ("strawberry, tangerine, pink pepper, tuberose, jasmine, white lily, heliotrope and blond wood"). I love this drydown and I hope Flash does well in the marketplace -- I don't want it to be discontinued. I might buy a spare bottle. Or more.

on 2/25/2014 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nicely soft, light fruity-floral for summer. Not remarkable but very wearable. A nice ladies aquatic, very pretty. Not a lot of personality though, so this is a good one for those days when you need something feminine without attitude

on 1/26/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm not good at describing scents note by note but I'll say this is indeed a sharp, intoxicatingly sweet, unique(IMHO), perfume. I actually love it which is funny because the first time I smelled it I was passing by quickly; saw it, turned back, grabbed it, took a quick whiff and said ew. A month later it was in InStyle mag so I rubbed it on my wrist and couldn't stop smelling myself so I knew I had to get it. My DH actually got it for me on Army base so it was around $20 cheaper than retail and I've been wearing it almost daily since October. Jimmy Choo perfumes are some of the only perfumes that actually last all day on me so I'll definitely repurchase when this runs out but keep for fall/winter, cooler weather and/or evenings out.

on 12/20/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Fresh and citrusy and only slightly spicy, and unique. Almost hit it out of the park for me.

on 10/24/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

An ugly bottle for a tiresome little perfume. For something that bills itself as an "ultra-modern white floral" it smells very 2000-ish and is indistinguishable from a hundred other white florals (mainly sheer tuberose) with fruit and musk. There are some cucumber/watery notes that make it smell very dated and cheap. So synthetic that it brings to mind air freshener. The sample Sephora sent me is going straight in the trash.

on 10/22/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie (the original). I tested it for about a week and finally figured out where I smelled this before.

It's not bad, just a bit too young for me and not what I was looking for.

on 10/9/2013 11:39:00 AM

White flowers, slightly spicy and mildly fruity. I can detect jasmine (which I don't like but it is very mild), and some pink pepper which is adding a touch of spice to this fragrance. It is a very nice, balanced fragrance although I can't help feeling that I have smelled fragrances similar to this before. I do get the merest hint of Hypnotic Poison when I smell this so it's not exactly anything new. As much as this is wearable, sweet and feminine, this just isn't unique enough for me to go out and buy it.

From Fragrantica - Top notes encompass passionate strawberry combined with tangerine and pink pepper adding exciting and cheerful note to white floral notes in the heart. The white bouquet is composed of tuberose, jasmine and white lily on a base of heliotrope and blond wood.

Popular Fragrances