April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every type of loose powder, high end and low end. Decided that I needed to try this and I am glad I did. This works as well as my NARS powder!!! I love the feel of it!! Will buy it again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have been curious about HD/silica powder for a while but couldn't justify shelling out of MUFE. Saw this at Walgreens on a makeup run and decided to give it a try as the loose powder I have been using for 15 years was discontinued. I paid like $10 for the jar which is certainly cheaper than MUFE, but more per an ounce than my old powder.

Having dry skin I generally stay away from anything with a matte finish but I have to say I am really liking this. It wears a lot better than my old powder (L'oreal Translucide), and is very, very finely milled. I've always been a loose powder kind of girl, but I have only used two others my entire life so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Yes this has a bit of a matte finish, but its not harsh or chalky looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Don't let the white color turn you off, this product is AMAZING. It mattifies just the right amount and gives your face a very airbrushed look. Very finely milled and looks and feels like a product that should've cost $30+. My only complaint is that the packaging, while very chic, can be annoying. The holes in the sifter are way too large for such a finely milled product, so you either end up with way too much or way too little, and when you try to tap it back down it creates a cloud of powder. The product itself however, is fantastic and a staple for anyone's makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by slhill45

This is a fabulous finishing powder that is less than a third of the price of a high end HD powder I formerly used. It appears to be exactly the same product as my former fave I purchased at Sephora. $10 vs. $30+? I will take it! Finishes and sets makeup beautifully. I use the white one (translucent) but have no issues with a white cast; it actually give a matte, lovely glow . Ladies give it a whirl - I don't think you will be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Light
-Leaves a soft finish
-Matte but not "cakey"
-Stays matte for hours
-Affordable

Cons:
-Can accentuate dryness
-Leaves a white cast in photos

Overall:
I bought this at Target for $5 which is very reasonable in my opinion. In the past I had tried Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder, but I just think that $30 for silica powder is way too much. I mean the ingredients in this powder are exactly the same. Both powders have the same feel, they also give the same look. When I use this to set my foundation, my foundation doesn't feel sticky or greasy for most of the day. This powder leaves a matte finish, on my skin it looks glowy, beautiful and never "cakey". This powder lasts most of the day on my skin, I do have to blot my T-zone after a few hours though. I have to be careful when using this, because I have dry skin. I have to use a very light hand and sometimes I have to completely avoid my dry areas or the results are not good. I don't use this powder everyday though, because I don't like a matte finish all of the time. My skin has never had a reaction to this powder, which is another pro. Silica powders do leave a white cast in pictures, but that's fine because I can simply not wear this when I know I'll be photographed. I will definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkchikk

LOVE it. Love it alone, over BB cream, or over a full face of makeup. Next to mascara, I can't live without this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently got this product and I've only used it a couple times but I am in love. This powder is amazing. I have been on the hunt for my HG setting powder and I think I've found it! It is so finely milled, it makes the skin appear flawless. It does leave a white cast in photos though, which is why I took off a star. I have a pretty oily t-zone and this powder keeps the oil at bay a lot longer and better than any other product I've used. I touched up once through the day which wasn't a big deal. This powder also doesn't make my face appear cakey which is a huge bonus. I definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rainberry32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It makes my face look matte and polished. It really helps your face to look non-cakey and that's what I need. It's a very good price for it's value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love! This is just perfect to finish your face with. I especially love how it seals in lipstick and brightens face without looking like Casper :-). I like the packaging much better than its competitors and find that this works every bit as well as the higher-end versions. I wish it came with more product because it doesn't look like there's much in there when you first buy it but I am finding that it doesn't take much and you don't want to use a lot anyways. My new staple!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a sad story about this one. First two days I wore this, I was amazed. I had never seen my skin look so good, glowy, MATTE..perfection. I noticed two cystic acne flare ups and figured it might be due to something else. The third day, I had about 5 cycstic acne spots on my face. I stopped using it, and two days later my face cleared up, so I knew it was because of this. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to silica, or maybe a cheap filler?! It took a week to get my face healed. I have sensitive/acne prone skin, but it only reacts to products. there's always a reason. Anyone else experience this??