July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first loose powder I have used but I really like it compared to some of the pressed powders I've tried. Despite looking like a chalky white in the package it does go on transparent (but it is noticeable in flash photography). It leaves my skin looking smooth and controls oil for about five hours. My complaint is the packaging, it can get pretty messy as the holes dispense a lot of product at once. At $10 it's worth a try if you want a simple silica powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by allybromiso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this product because I was waiting for my Ben Nye Luxury Translucent powder to come. I have really oily skin and nothing really keeps it looking matte. So I put this on after wearing my makeup for about 3 hours, my face is oily by then, to see how it work. I'm proud to day that I LOVE it. It leaves my skin matte & soft. I even laid down on my white & purple pillow case & there was no residue of makeup left. I strongly recommend it. It's just as good as a high end product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I bought this product based on the great reviews. The great thing about this pure silica powder is the price. You get a whole jar for only $10. The bad is that it causes so much itching at the end of the day, I cannot wear it. It is extremely drying accentuating all the flakiness and fine lines. The white cast is hideous. It's not even a healthy white color. It's a death whitish grey color you find at the funeral homes. I simply do not understand all the great reviews. I might consider using this a s a halloween makeup if it didn't cause too much itch on my skin.

UPDATE: My face is now ruined because of some severe reaction to this product. It is totally red and inflamed. Proceed with caution if you have sensitive skin and test on small area of the body first before applying all over the face. I haven't used any new product or eaten anything different. I have to get some prescription hydrocortisone to ease the inflammation from this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by pywacket

It's a really nice product, although I have a few caveats. Silica powders are so dry to the touch they feel odd and since they have so little moisture, they tend to fly around everywhere much more than regular loose powders. This is the micro-pulverized version of the stuff in the Do Not Eat This Packet that comes in your vitamins. That said, it doesn't feel dehydrating unless I put on too much.

Like others have said, you have to make sure you buff it off or you will have weird white powder residue in places. If you buff it, though, you get a really lovely almost airbrushed finish that lasts for hours. It has zero coverage, which I prefer, but if you're a coverage powder person, this might not be for you.

Because of the unusual texture, color doesn't like to stick to it, so if you're a blush after powder person, you'll need to change that.

Regardless of the few issues, it's a really pretty soft-focus finish that is completely invisible unless you pile it on and works really well on oilier summer-time skin. It's one of the few things that keeps me from having to blot and powder every hour. Most recently I've been using it over L'Oreal Liquid Powder foundation because I don't like a foundation-y look, but I've used it over regular liquids and it's been fine with those, as well.

It's basically the same as Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pwder and MUFE HD powder. Too Faced, which I used for years until I found NYX, has a tiny bit of color, but feels and acts exactly the same. The MUFE is identical in color and in texture to me, but I've only tried a few days worth. They're all silica powders, but the NYX is about $11.00 at CVS and $9.99 at Ulta, so not expensive. ULTA was having a BOGO50%off (or they were on Saturday), so that's helpful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ofnightside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Literally the only powder I've tried that actually keeps my oily skin at bay; it feels nice and smooth on the skin, lasts forever and keeps my t-zone shine free all day. The packaging is a little bit of a hassle but nothing too bad, it's worth it for keeping me matte all day. My new favorite powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I wanted to like this and I used it many times hoping that a lightbulb would go off and it would become my hg. But, it wasn't meant to be, yet. I'm fair skinned and this cast a white hue on my face and cancelled out any color. It set my makeup beautifully but within an hour, I could barely tell I had put any on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. Stops oil and creases. My skin always feels really soft and smooth like porcelain when I use. Just be careful not to use too much and REALLY get the loose bits off with your brush

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I loved this until I went to my cousin's wedding and looked like I had used white-out under my eyes in flash photos! And I have very fair skin. IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WON't have your picture taken, this does a great job of keeping your concealer from settling into fine lines. I showed a picture of me w this.on to the SA a sephora whilst searching for new powder and she was shocked! I read reviews prior to purchase and noticed a few people saying it caused a white cast in photos and I thought I'd be fine because I'm so pale, but I was mistaken. Also, this loose powder goes everywhere, it's MUCH worse than my loose mineral foundation. I hope this helps someone not make the same mistake I did.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Itchy..caused clogged pores
wish it worked out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder, only comes in 2 shades, but it works for me. Its smooth and feels light and smooth. Im not very oily generally so I cant say if it helps aith that, but it certainly seta my fou sation really well. Overall, this is my favorite setting powder, next to nyxs radiant powder.