NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 4/15/2015 8:53:00 AM

This stuff works well for me, but doesn't set my MU to last as long as UD All Nighter, but then, they are different products w/ similar goals. This stuff will give me a nice glow and set my MU for about 5 hours, after which I need to a minor touch up on my chin + nose. UD sets my MU for 12+ hours. But it doesn't give my a glow.

So, the type of day I'm going to have dictates which I use and I"m happy to have both in my rotation.

I"m test driving the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, so we will see if I stick w/ NYX or end up loving the NARS so much, that I'm willing to spend a ridiculous amount of $.

on 4/14/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would honestly give this no stars if I could but there is no option for that. I wanted to try a more natural look with a transparent powder, since my skin is nice enough to handle less coverage now. Well I decided to give this a shot only to have a make up nightmare occur. I get to work and notice makeup specs all over my black sweater and black pants. I look at my face and have crusted powder all over my face. It looked so disturbing. I had to go to the bathroom and wipe my face with baby wipes I always keep in my car. Luckily my concealer saved the day top even my skin out. Never again.

on 4/14/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING! It's better than the MUFE one in my opinion.
I feel this one feels more silky and the price is a lot more affordable.
I've seen some reviews about how it's an HD powder and how it's horrible for photos, well that's true. Most HD powders have very reflective silica. HD makeup is meant for film and professional HD shoots that use the bounce flash photography not your conventional, harsh compact camera or camera phone flash
Anyway, this powder is so silky and makes my face baby soft!
I'm oily and I use powders a lot and I usually have a powdery feeling but with this it just feels so nice.
I'm semi matte with this which is great, my makeup is set but my face doesn't look powdery or dull

on 3/18/2015 1:29:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic. The oil will disappear from your face.

on 2/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a shot before purchasing another NARS powder, because that stuff is so expensive. I'm so glad I did! Im pretty heavy handed when I apply powders, because I subscribe to the fallacious idea that "more is better!" So I was pleasantly surprised to discover you need hardly ANY in order to set your whole face with this. This is so finely milled, and not at all heavy. You can set everything without looking cakey whatsoever. I just tap my powder brush, after sweeping a tiny bit in the pan and cover everything in seconds. Amazing, love it.

on 1/28/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because to set my under eye area by using a fan brush to delicately apply it. A little goes a long way for this product so be careful. The price is decent for what you're paying for compared to MuFE's, but the packaging is definitely not travel friendly. The cap is the only thing that's preventing the entire thing from spilling out and even so the packaging is mediocre so don't carry this with you unless you don't mind a cloud of white powder exploding from your makeup bag. If you don't let the product move around much and use less product, it's actually worth the money and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This like other reviewers have said is a dupe for MUFE's HD powder, much like the Coastal Scents silica spheres. Good amount of product for the price. It will keep your skin matte, with minimal touch-ups. I have oily skin and this really helps keep my makeup in place. The only thing to be mindful of is it *can* leave a slight white cast. At least on me, anyway- but I tend to apply with a heavy hand. I just make sure to really buff and blend in place. The packaging is a classic sifter and can get messy, but that's par for the course with these types of powders.

on 1/6/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is meant to be a dupe for Makeup Forever HD setting powder and it's and EXACT dupe. This really helps set makeup and increases the wear time. It also helps mattify and blur imperfections. You have to be careful with it though, because if you use too much, it can be drying and cling to dry patches.

on 12/31/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. I think it does what it is supposed to do. However, I have dry skin and this did not help it at all. It made my skin a little flaky, and the patches of dry skin were visible. Also, my largest complaint is photography. If you are going somewhere and expect to take pictures, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Flash photography brings out the white in this product. When I wore this product under flash photography, my face was glowing. Not in the positive way. I looked like a ghost, my face was completely powder-white. It ruined all of my photos.

Overall I do like this product because it does make your skin matte and not oily and is transparent (unless you are being photographed with flash photography). I recommend it for people who have oily skin and do not take pictures often.

on 12/24/2014 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail, after using a dozen different types of powders from various brands I found it. I picked this one up in a hurry without great expectations, but it does everything I want from a setting powder and more. Invisible, completely matt and unsticky face, sets make up perfectly, even your lipstick if u like it to. Flawless and matte for hours, I will buy it as long as they make it.

Shade ref: I got it in transparent as I'm quite pale (nc15-20) and I'm happy to say it doesn't show up in my pores like most transparent powders do.

Recommended for Normal Skin