January 25, 2015 | 1822 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 2:45:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This like other reviewers have said is a dupe for MUFE's HD powder, much like the Coastal Scents silica spheres. Good amount of product for the price. It will keep your skin matte, with minimal touch-ups. I have oily skin and this really helps keep my makeup in place. The only thing to be mindful of is it *can* leave a slight white cast. At least on me, anyway- but I tend to apply with a heavy hand. I just make sure to really buff and blend in place. The packaging is a classic sifter and can get messy, but that's par for the course with these types of powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is meant to be a dupe for Makeup Forever HD setting powder and it's and EXACT dupe. This really helps set makeup and increases the wear time. It also helps mattify and blur imperfections. You have to be careful with it though, because if you use too much, it can be drying and cling to dry patches.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LindsayVarzz

I like this product a lot. I think it does what it is supposed to do. However, I have dry skin and this did not help it at all. It made my skin a little flaky, and the patches of dry skin were visible. Also, my largest complaint is photography. If you are going somewhere and expect to take pictures, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Flash photography brings out the white in this product. When I wore this product under flash photography, my face was glowing. Not in the positive way. I looked like a ghost, my face was completely powder-white. It ruined all of my photos.

Overall I do like this product because it does make your skin matte and not oily and is transparent (unless you are being photographed with flash photography). I recommend it for people who have oily skin and do not take pictures often.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy grail, after using a dozen different types of powders from various brands I found it. I picked this one up in a hurry without great expectations, but it does everything I want from a setting powder and more. Invisible, completely matt and unsticky face, sets make up perfectly, even your lipstick if u like it to. Flawless and matte for hours, I will buy it as long as they make it.

Shade ref: I got it in transparent as I'm quite pale (nc15-20) and I'm happy to say it doesn't show up in my pores like most transparent powders do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing and cheaper dupe for MUFE's HD setting powder. The finish is very clean and matte, it stays on my face all day long. I haven't tried to take flash photography pictures with it yet, though, I heard that this powder looks awful with flash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really like this powder. Its a little expensive ($10 at ulta) but it does a pretty good job. I have a very oily face and it makes it perfectly matte. BUT when I use it for layering liquid makeups, it gets a little built up leaving a powdery residue. Not too bad but it can be noticed in adequate lighting. I'd recommend a really light dusting when you use it for setting multiple liquids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very finely milled, giving a flawless finish once dusted onto skin after applying makeup. Keeps oily skin matte, a perfect finishing powder.
It does get eveywhere though. I think it might be unavoidable with finely milled powders like this. I use ELF finishing HD powder as well and this lasts longer and looks better but is more expensive for a little less product.
I really love this powder. It really makes your face look flawless and your makeup last much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first transluscent setting powder I tried. I got this sort of on a whim when the clinique powder I purchased turned out to be too dark to set most of my foundations with. I'm so happy that I decided to purchase this. It mattifies the face totally and makes my skin feel really smooth. It does a pretty decent job at controlling the oil on my face (I am really oily and the product does not seem to be marketed as an oil-control powder) and gives my face a really smooth look. It's a great powder and I use it to set my face every day no matter what face product I'm using.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Broke me out so badly it left pocks and pits. The finish was beautiful, just like MUFE's, but I couldn't use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by staysee321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT BUY THIS!!! Unless you are a pro makeup artist or a seasoned white loose powder junkie, you will screw this up and end up with cocaine face like me. I literally swept the powder over my face sparingly and did see a velvet matte finish. My husband room a photo of me and BAM ! It was disgusting! It left a horrendous white cast all over my face that was extremely visible in photos. I didn't even think I put on that much powder. HD powder? I think not. This is not something I would use for photos as I looked like a scary freak after putting it on. Absolutely disgusting. On top of that, the packaging is cheap and clunky, and every time you open the container the powder goes everywhere and smells like chemicals. I started coughing when I opened it the first time. I hate this powder so much and I ended up returning it for that reason. It looks so ridiculously unnatural. You're better off with a light setting powder that is NOT WHITE. Go for a natural look.