December 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing and cheaper dupe for MUFE's HD setting powder. The finish is very clean and matte, it stays on my face all day long. I haven't tried to take flash photography pictures with it yet, though, I heard that this powder looks awful with flash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really like this powder. Its a little expensive ($10 at ulta) but it does a pretty good job. I have a very oily face and it makes it perfectly matte. BUT when I use it for layering liquid makeups, it gets a little built up leaving a powdery residue. Not too bad but it can be noticed in adequate lighting. I'd recommend a really light dusting when you use it for setting multiple liquids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very finely milled, giving a flawless finish once dusted onto skin after applying makeup. Keeps oily skin matte, a perfect finishing powder.
It does get eveywhere though. I think it might be unavoidable with finely milled powders like this. I use ELF finishing HD powder as well and this lasts longer and looks better but is more expensive for a little less product.
I really love this powder. It really makes your face look flawless and your makeup last much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first transluscent setting powder I tried. I got this sort of on a whim when the clinique powder I purchased turned out to be too dark to set most of my foundations with. I'm so happy that I decided to purchase this. It mattifies the face totally and makes my skin feel really smooth. It does a pretty decent job at controlling the oil on my face (I am really oily and the product does not seem to be marketed as an oil-control powder) and gives my face a really smooth look. It's a great powder and I use it to set my face every day no matter what face product I'm using.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Broke me out so badly it left pocks and pits. The finish was beautiful, just like MUFE's, but I couldn't use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by staysee321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT BUY THIS!!! Unless you are a pro makeup artist or a seasoned white loose powder junkie, you will screw this up and end up with cocaine face like me. I literally swept the powder over my face sparingly and did see a velvet matte finish. My husband room a photo of me and BAM ! It was disgusting! It left a horrendous white cast all over my face that was extremely visible in photos. I didn't even think I put on that much powder. HD powder? I think not. This is not something I would use for photos as I looked like a scary freak after putting it on. Absolutely disgusting. On top of that, the packaging is cheap and clunky, and every time you open the container the powder goes everywhere and smells like chemicals. I started coughing when I opened it the first time. I hate this powder so much and I ended up returning it for that reason. It looks so ridiculously unnatural. You're better off with a light setting powder that is NOT WHITE. Go for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using MUFE HD Powder for a few years and I like this as much if not more that it. I ended up picking this up at Ulta when they were doing 40% off NYX, so I only ended up spending 6.00 on this. If you like MUFE HD Powder, give this a shot. You get more powder for way less money. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

A excellent finishing powder that provides a beautiful, smooth incredibly matte yet not flaky or dry finish, it's better then any powder I've tried! It's totally transcluent and doesent not add any additional colour or coverage, it's even great for non makeup days, the best thing is the ingredient list, powder only contains pure silica powder! ;) thank you nyx.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

Love this finishing powder!! Keeps my face matte all day long without over drying, it is my new obsession! I ran errands for hours today and when I came home my face/makeup was still the same as when I left the house! Absolutely fantastic product and great price! I will continue to purchase probably forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by BridgetV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder compares to high end brands in my opinion. It's super lightweight, mattifying and lasts a decent amount of time for being under $10. Un;ike other drugstore setting powders I've used, this doesn't cake or settle into ridges. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and this tames it superbly for a great price.