NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

3.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/19/2015 10:41:00 PM

I used this for a while, then stopped but I'm not sure why. However I also have returned to my biggest issue of my makeup looking awful by 10 am. (my skin has challenged every makeup application of my life by allowing all carefully applied looks to disappear into that awful slick-faced greasefest by 10 am, and forget any blush I put on being there either). I hate powdery looking skin but equally hate greasy looks. I want matte/dewy.

My BBs, CCs, foundations I've tried this year have been pretty good, but not lasting. Still the mid morning letdown. I re-read Kevyn Aucoin's book Face Forward and tried a few of his tips. This week I began using a lighter moisturizer, dusting with powder *before* foundation, and using Maybelline Age Rewind Spot Eraser Concealer and Treatment as my concealer and dab it around and blend as my foundation (yes), then another light dusting of powder. I finished the rest of my makeup and then I picked up this bottle and thought, why don't I use this anymore? I couldn't think why. I was happy to rediscover it produced a nice fine mist. I applied it very sparingly.

Well holy cow! I had the best makeup day that I can remember in a long time. This was not only a testament to the new steps I'm doing and the Age Rewind use, but also to this spray, because I didn't use it today and the results weren't quite as wonderful (i.e. I actually had to blot today).

I did not have to blot or reapply anything all day long the day I used this spray though! Through 30 degree (c) heat, and several "flame on"s (hot flashes) my makeup stayed matte (oh yay MATTE!), fresh, true in tone, no visible pores, and even my blush stayed put. All day! And not flat matte but a natural skin matte. A minor miracle. Driving home I touched my cheeks, expecting to feel the usual sweaty greasy layer I usually have at any given time, and my face was soft and smooth and dry (as in normal feeling skin). Could this be true!? I felt like I had won the lottery! That day I had taken a before (am) picture and one when I got home and compared them. Considering I hadn't had to fix or blot or reapply my makeup at all that day, it was amazing that I was still matte and soft and polished looking and still had my makeup in place. I will continue using this spray as part of my new regime!

on 8/18/2015 2:13:00 PM

Keeps my make up on a lot longer. Would only use if my skin was dry as it is very dewy. But very good value for money

on 7/16/2015 8:35:00 AM

This setting spray definitely makes my makeup last a bit longer, but I don't like it because it smells like chemicals. It also isn't a good deal for its price. It's kind of expensive for a drugstore product. I suggest spending a bit more on the high end setting sprays and you'll get better worth for your money.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Left my face feeling oily and sticky after just 2 sprays. Maybe from the glycerin? It also left little oily spots in weird places.

on 6/28/2015 8:38:00 AM

Good n dewy :) don't spray too much .

on 6/10/2015 12:16:00 AM

Nothing special. I'm using Mac Fix + , I think it supposed to work the same way but it doesn't. To me this is a miss. I prefer Mac fix, it's the best spray so far. This spray is probably good if u have nothing to top up with. It doesn't result a dewy look at all, Mac fix does it for me. It has strong alcohol smell. I'm planning to finish it all up (quickly) and put some Macs fix juice into the bottle, for travel.

+ Also makeup sets better with Macs Fix. NYX spray just left weird rings round each pore, it also turned foundation to a orange color, strange.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I don't feel like this was anything spectacular. It honestly just felt like alcohol water on my face. I do feel like this mildly broke me out, because I have sensitive skin. I did use up my whole bottle, because i don't like to waste products. Probably not the best option if you also have sensitive skin. I would suggest Mario badescu rosewater spray, or the urban decay all nighter.

on 5/11/2015 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have a bottle of this that is almost used up. I hadn't used any setting spray for a while--just got out of the habit. So I used it the other day and I was astonished at the end of the day how good my makeup still looked. Been using it everyday since. I don't think it gives my skin a dewy look when first applied or later in the day. Going to buy more of this for sure. A product that does what it claims to do and it's cheap. No need for a high end version. Works for me.

on 5/10/2015 10:38:00 PM

I think this product helps foundation last a few hours longer. Definitely worth buying.

on 4/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I RAVE about this. It was/is my first setting spray, and I cannot think of a reason to justify trying any other setting spray. After applying powder/concealer/powder/foundation/powder to keep my face from sliding away after a few hours, this mist replenishes the soft natural look of bare skin. It keeps everything held together after many hours of being outside, working, exercising, etc. I used this setting spray generously on my wedding day, and *thumbs up* stayed absolutely perfect. Never budged, never became too matte, never became to shiny, everything stayed as fresh as when it had been applied. The price is just right for someone whom (as I phrase) "Enjoys beauty on a budget". And the results are marvelous

A - O.K. for sensitive skin!

Popular Primer/ Correctors