NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this spray! I was iffy about purchasing this because I honestly thought I wouldn't see a difference, I ended up loving this and it is my holy grail because it makes my face look dewy and super healthy and makes my makeup look so much more natural ! I would repurchase !

During the winter I'm more dry, so I love using this stuff over my powder to let it look less matte. I really like it, especially since I was cautious abot purchasing it since my t-zone can get oily, but I still want an overal Dewey finish sometimes. I find that when my make up looks a bit cakey this helps. This also doesn't exaggerate my oily t-zone throughout the day. Makes my make up stay a bit longer as well. I feel like it's better for people who have dry skin, ppl who are very oily may have issues. I like that it sprays evenly as well, I know a lot of ppl complain about the bottle spraying unevenly in big droplets but I don't have that problem at all. Maybe I have a good bottle πŸ‘πŸ» lol

I love this stuff! My friend gave it to me because she wasn't in love with it and it sort of sat on my vanity for months until i decided to give it a try. I incorporated it into my normal make up routine just for the heck of it and started to notice, "Wow, my skin looks good. Dewy, supple, smooth and no creasing or patching in my foundation." I don't use a primer and I don't think I need one because this stuff really helps keep my make up stay put and look a little wet which I like. I've heard some compare it to Mac's fix plus spray, which I've never used, but I already know this is more affordable and does an amazing job at making my skin look dewy and supple. Will always use to set my make up. A++

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first started getting into makeup I bought this since I loved NYX but honestly it dripped down my face ruining my makeup multiple times, didn't last long & smelt like too much chemicals. I like my makeup to look a little dewy because I have very dry skin but I just feel like this product doesn't give me that "wow factor".

The best setting spray I have tried is the Urban Decay "All Nighter" setting spray! It blends my makeup amazingly & adds a bit of a dewy looking finish without feeling tacky or heavy on my face. Ive read so many reviews and watched so many youtube videos about all sorts of makeup & if you're going to invest in expensive makeup I think that a nice finishing spray is worth the money. xoxo

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly this doesn't really do anything. I normally love NYX products so I was sort of disappointed with this. It is definitely dewy, for sure. But it doesn't make your makeup stay on or set anything. I'm not sure if the Matte version is any different. It's alright if you want to add a bit of dewyness to your makeup look but I wouldn't trust it as a setting spray. I would buy another setting spray next time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff. I've used it for over a month now and I love it.

Generally, I spray this all over my face once I've finished my entire look. It sets all the products perfectly, and for the most part everything stays in place all day. It does its job and it does it well for such an affordable product.

If you want a very dewy look, just layer this stuff on a bit more. Want even more? Pair it with a dewy finish foundation (I personally use Flower's foundation) - that's what I do, and I always end up with a beautiful glow. The glow WILL fade over the course of the day, but unless you barely sprayed yourself with this stuff, there will still be some radiance left after 8+ hours.

Obviously if you're more oily, you should check out the matte version of this. I personally have combo skin and this works beautifully for me.

this product really didn't do much at all. I really love the look of dewy skin and was hoping to find a relatively inexpensive setting spray that would help me achieve that look, but this really disappointed me. I think I payed like $9 for it and it's in a little bottle like it isn't fancy or anything and I've had it for over a month-- i only use it when my foundation looks reallllly cakey. It does lessen the appearance of powder, but it does not make you look dewey.

I haven't used this product enough as a setting spray to give a review on that yet but what I will say is that theres another use to it! If you have an eyeshadow which has really poor pigmentation, hold your eyeshadow brush (preferably a blending/soft one) a few inches away from the bottle and spray it on your brush. Swatch it on the back of your hand to make sure the brush isn't too wet and then apply your eyeshadow with the brush! I tested this with a wet'n'wild eyeshadow and the difference was so good that I now use it even with my naked pallets and ingot eyeshadows! It gives a more intense pigmentation with a staying power as well- win, win! :)

I used this for a while, then stopped but I'm not sure why. However I also have returned to my biggest issue of my makeup looking awful by 10 am. (my skin has challenged every makeup application of my life by allowing all carefully applied looks to disappear into that awful slick-faced greasefest by 10 am, and forget any blush I put on being there either). I hate powdery looking skin but equally hate greasy looks. I want matte/dewy.

My BBs, CCs, foundations I've tried this year have been pretty good, but not lasting. Still the mid morning letdown. I re-read Kevyn Aucoin's book Face Forward and tried a few of his tips. This week I began using a lighter moisturizer, dusting with powder *before* foundation, and using Maybelline Age Rewind Spot Eraser Concealer and Treatment as my concealer and dab it around and blend as my foundation (yes), then another light dusting of powder. I finished the rest of my makeup and then I picked up this bottle and thought, why don't I use this anymore? I couldn't think why. I was happy to rediscover it produced a nice fine mist. I applied it very sparingly.

Well holy cow! I had the best makeup day that I can remember in a long time. This was not only a testament to the new steps I'm doing and the Age Rewind use, but also to this spray, because I didn't use it today and the results weren't quite as wonderful (i.e. I actually had to blot today).

I did not have to blot or reapply anything all day long the day I used this spray though! Through 30 degree (c) heat, and several "flame on"s (hot flashes) my makeup stayed matte (oh yay MATTE!), fresh, true in tone, no visible pores, and even my blush stayed put. All day! And not flat matte but a natural skin matte. A minor miracle. Driving home I touched my cheeks, expecting to feel the usual sweaty greasy layer I usually have at any given time, and my face was soft and smooth and dry (as in normal feeling skin). Could this be true!? I felt like I had won the lottery! That day I had taken a before (am) picture and one when I got home and compared them. Considering I hadn't had to fix or blot or reapply my makeup at all that day, it was amazing that I was still matte and soft and polished looking and still had my makeup in place. I will continue using this spray as part of my new regime!

Keeps my make up on a lot longer. Would only use if my skin was dry as it is very dewy. But very good value for money

Popular Primer/ Correctors