July 30, 2014 | 1121 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this spray looking for a cheaper alternative to the FIX + but I actually might bite the bullet and purchase the fix plus anyway. I hated this stuff. Yes it is inexpensive but it made me so greasy it was ridiculous. I do think it made my makeup last a little longer but for how greasy I looked it wasnt worth it. Also it was 7.99 for such a small bottle. In my opnion it should have been only 4.99. Im not sure if I will buy the matte spray. Sorry NYX

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying this setting spray has literally saved my face! This is my first ever setting spray & I have no desire to try out any other. Why change something in your routine that already works so well? I have super oily skin & everything just melts & rubs off onto my every day all day eye glasses no matter the primer or amount of powder I use. It may confuse some people as to why this "Dewy Finish" spray would work so well for me when I know Nyx has a matte finish version but this one was the only one available at my target & at only $8 I thought why not. This spray is definitely hairspray for your face which for oily skin is such a good thing. This keeps my face so transfer resistant & I can even use it on my Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation which is too thick & full coverage to use a powder over top to set it. I love the size of this as well, just perfect to put in your purse & touch up with when you're feeling hot & gross & need something to refresh your skin & keep the oils at bay. Oily skinned girls, don't be afraid of the Dewy Finish label because this just might work for you too :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought NYX dewy spray thinking it was going to set my makeup great. It dried out my skin and it made my makeup look flaky. I have dry skin, but I moisturize it A LOT and the next day my skin went back to normal. I don't recommend for people who have dry to combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was interested in trying the "dewy" look after so many years of tried and true matte finish products. I did not want to splurge on UD dewy version, so I gave NYX a try. NYX is one of the very few drugstore cosmetics that I like to use, I usually use HE. This setting spray works very well. I also find if I need to do a little more blending and my foundation is set, spray and blend. I am pleased with this setting spray. I mostly still reach from my deslick from UD because I love my matte finsh, but dewy will be my spring setting spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by samanthaweldon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Personally I think this setting spray works well. It does what it says by keeping my makeup in place and leaves me with a glowing dewy finish. I was going to buy the matte finish until I tried a sample of this one. I have combination skin and this didn't seem to dry my face out like the other reviews.
Overall I think it's a good product for the price and will most likely try out the matte spray too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by YellyBeanz

I like the finish that this leaves, very glow-y. That being said, I believe that this product is drying out my skin like nothing I've ever experienced before. I have combination skin and most of the time don't mind something that is a little bit drying but this just makes my skin feel so uncomfortable.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by VivaLaDiosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst setting spray I have ever tried, and I've tried SEVERAL. This made my face look like I had plastic film over it. Once I saw how it looked once it set I wanted to run and wash my face, but I was running late and figured I should test the staying power anyway so I kept it on. Didn't help at all. As a matter of fact I was oilier than usual and I got oilier faster than I do with any other setting spray. Save your $7/8 or use them towards another spray. This stuff is just collecting dust in my vanity. The only good thing I can say about this product is that in a pinch it works decently if you need something to set your brows with.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AliceIsMadeOfMakeup

I think this product works nicely when you use it correctly. I spray this across my face 4-5 times after applying concealer (I don't wear any foundation). I find that if you just leave the sprays unblended on your face they can leave strange looking sploches (especially if you're wearing powder over it) so I take a blending sponge and sort of reblend it. After I've done this I wait 2-3 minutes and then apply a layer of pressed powder. This spray felt relatively stiff on my face but it really was worth it because my makeup didn't get nearly as oily as it normally does. I even felt like it might have kept my face from perspirating. It is a bit on the spendy side because it does go kind of quickly and it is often out of stock but those are really the only cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hurray for this stuff! I bought a bottle at Ulta and went back the next day to get another to have a backup.
I do my complete makeup, spray my face quite a bit.. it's damp all over. Then I use my blow dryer on the lowest coolest setting and let it 'set' the setting spray. It kind of 'melds' with what's on my face and gives the loveliest finish.
My makeup does not move all day. Not even a smidge.
I can wear makeup for an extended time, come home and use a makeup remover cloth and it comes away just loaded with makeup. Because it's all still there, even hours later.
Plus, it's less than ten dollars!
I haven't used any of the expensive ones because I don't have a need to. I like the way my face looks with this on, and I like that my makeup is SET for the day. So why pay more? Did I mention it's less than ten dollars? :)