NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I RAVE about this. It was/is my first setting spray, and I cannot think of a reason to justify trying any other setting spray. After applying powder/concealer/powder/foundation/powder to keep my face from sliding away after a few hours, this mist replenishes the soft natural look of bare skin. It keeps everything held together after many hours of being outside, working, exercising, etc. I used this setting spray generously on my wedding day, and *thumbs up* stayed absolutely perfect. Never budged, never became too matte, never became to shiny, everything stayed as fresh as when it had been applied. The price is just right for someone whom (as I phrase) "Enjoys beauty on a budget". And the results are marvelous

A - O.K. for sensitive skin!

on 4/16/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A year ago I bought the UD "all nighter" setting spray and promptly returned it after the first use- I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the $35 price tag. That experience convinced me that setting sprays are a waste of money. But I recently bought this one because it was much cheaper, and I figured it couldn't hurt. And omg, how was I living without this stuff? I've been using it for a week, and I can't believe how much better my makeup looks and lasts! This totally keeps my makeup from getting cakey or dry looking throughout the day. I don't notice much of a glow, or really any "dewy-ness," but it makes my makeup look so much softer and more natural. After a 12+ day of makeup-wearing, my makeup is still perfect by the time I need to wash my face at night. I LOVE this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this setting spray because I usually like NYX products. I bought it because my makeup wears off and smears a lot by the end of the day so I thought that it would help it stay in place and stay on all day but it didn't make my makeup last at all and my makeup still smeared. It didn't do much to help at all actually. When you first spray it on your face it makes your face feel finished and it gives it a nice glow but other than that it didn't make a difference to my face makeup.

So, this product is pretty great. I'll be honest, I'm not going to shell out the extra $$$ for a high end setting spray. I'm in college, and don't have that kind of money. This is a great alternative product. It sets my makeup and helps it last at least 6+ hours a day.

I really recommend it. I think I'm on my fourth bottle now :]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a setting spray junkie, and I have oily skin that makes my makeup smear and smudge. I tried this because I was tired of making the trade-off of having oil-free skin but getting that matte "cake face" look. While this product does not prolong the wear of my foundation, it DOES make me look prettyyyy darn "dewy"-- almost TOO dewy. It really accentuates my highlighted areas and takes away the powdery look that matte foundations can give. I liked using this product last winter because it gave me that summer glow I was lacking, but I will probably not repurchase once I'm out since it did not make my makeup last longer. However, if you don't have a problem with your makeup lasting or you have naturally dry skin, I would recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this was the first setting spray that i tried and it kept my makeup in place, as well as gave me a glow that pressed/setting powders could not. although it gave the appearance of moisturized skin, the feel of this spray is reminiscent of hairspray. it was somewhat drying but not enough to cause any kind of reaction. it may not be good for someone with sensitive skin. i liked the finish but now i am able to get a glowy finish with rosewater and other facial sprays that are actually hydrating. i think they are a better option for long term healthy skin.

on 3/4/2015 8:55:00 PM

Ironically I get oily skin and I hate it but I love a dewy finish. So in my head I calculated, matte primer, matte foundation, matte powder, dewy spray. It didnt work out.
The spray is literally like a hose (exaggeration) but its definitely not a mist at all and leaves wet spots on my face. It didnt really help the longevity of my makeup.
Im disappointed because I really like NYX eye products and Id read some great reviews on this spray! :(

Would I buy it again?
No, overall it didnt work for me.

PACKAGING: It doesnt mist, it sprays like crazy!
PRICE: $14.95 - Target Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 2/25/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been coming out of the dark ages and discovering all these neat things in the world of make up and skin products. I have been using all natural soaps and vitamin c serum for years. I just turned 50 (I still look no older than 40) and I am wanting to look as young as I feel, so now it is taking a little more effort. I have to do my eyebrows (I use ELF after trying Brow Zings) and primer to have my foundation stay on longer, and still have a bit of healthy glow to me. This is where this product come in. I use 2 spritzes, it sets my foundation, and gives a nice healthy look to my face. I don't want to say glow or anything like that, but just young and healthy. I know people have complained about the spritzer saying too much comes out but I disagree. It is just fine, not perfect, but good enough for it too work well. It doesn't cause any break outs for my sensitive skin. I will continue to use this product as long as they continue to make it!

on 2/17/2015 12:35:00 PM

Really like this stuff. For years I used a powder to set my makeup but in the winter with the dryness my face is loving this.

My favorite product from Nyx cosmetics. I have oily skin and the Estée Lauder double wear foundation is my HG foundation but even with my oily skin after I apply it, it can look dry and tight but after a few spray of this dewy mist it gives my skin the perfect look without looking shiny, I also used a tip a member here put and apply some after I apply my undereye concealer and it my concealer doesn't get dry or settle in fine lines! I love this stuff and will continue to purchase..