October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So main ingredient = water. Also alcohol which is drying. It does work, especially if you wear powder or a powder based foundation like Mac Studio Fix but so does Evian spray and the spray is finer. I would rather buy a fine nozzled bottle and fill with mineral water and keep in the fridge. The power of marketing! Hey ho, would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Helps makeup wear longer: CHECK! Has lasting dewy finish. CHECK! Value priced. CHECK!!
Many pros!

But one major CON is that the spray nozzle delivers WAY TOO MUCH product. My face felt like I walked out of a shower first time I sprayed this on... ok, maybe I exaggerate. But you know, UD Allnighter has a lovely fine mist in comparison. More is NOT better with this NYX setting spray, I'm afraid. It creates an uncomfortable plastic-y feeling film. On dry days, can feel itchy. Yuck. By end of day, you can rub your makeup off in little balls with your fingers, if you are inclined to do so. haha.

Decant this product into a bottle with a finer spray nozzle, is my advice

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't mist, so I had to change out the cap for my elf setting spray caps. Minimal dewiness, wouldn't notice the difference between elf and this except this left me feeling a bit sticky. Probably wouldn't repurchase. I'll stick to elf setting sprays.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by graceperiod

this is the first time I try a dewy setting spray but I have to say it leaves my makeup looking dewy and gets rid of my powdery look. Especially in this summer that my skin is much drier, It also makes my makeup stay on much longer than it did before without it (about 8hours ). Definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I've tried many different high-end setting sprays and this one wins for me. It is a perfect setting spray, keeping your makeup flawless, bright and in place all day/night. It also gives just the right amount of dewy glow which also lasts and lasts. For around $7 this stuff is a lifesaver. Be careful not to spray too much or it will leave you feeling sticky, only a few sprays is necessary. Definitely recommend this as an alternative to the urban decay setting spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by LaylaNavarro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works a lot better than my FIX +, it really does give a dewy, natural glow. My dry skin tends to get cakey after applying powder, and this just makes all the products on my face melt into one flawless canvas. Its cheap, and sets my makeup perfectly! The only downside is the smell - its very toxic and unpleasant but oh well! Also, the cap came off my tube and is unable to get back on. Not a big deal

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this spray looking for a cheaper alternative to the FIX + but I actually might bite the bullet and purchase the fix plus anyway. I hated this stuff. Yes it is inexpensive but it made me so greasy it was ridiculous. I do think it made my makeup last a little longer but for how greasy I looked it wasnt worth it. Also it was 7.99 for such a small bottle. In my opnion it should have been only 4.99. Im not sure if I will buy the matte spray. Sorry NYX

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying this setting spray has literally saved my face! This is my first ever setting spray & I have no desire to try out any other. Why change something in your routine that already works so well? I have super oily skin & everything just melts & rubs off onto my every day all day eye glasses no matter the primer or amount of powder I use. It may confuse some people as to why this "Dewy Finish" spray would work so well for me when I know Nyx has a matte finish version but this one was the only one available at my target & at only $8 I thought why not. This spray is definitely hairspray for your face which for oily skin is such a good thing. This keeps my face so transfer resistant & I can even use it on my Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation which is too thick & full coverage to use a powder over top to set it. I love the size of this as well, just perfect to put in your purse & touch up with when you're feeling hot & gross & need something to refresh your skin & keep the oils at bay. Oily skinned girls, don't be afraid of the Dewy Finish label because this just might work for you too :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought NYX dewy spray thinking it was going to set my makeup great. It dried out my skin and it made my makeup look flaky. I have dry skin, but I moisturize it A LOT and the next day my skin went back to normal. I don't recommend for people who have dry to combination skin.