April 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by VivaLaDiosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst setting spray I have ever tried, and I've tried SEVERAL. This made my face look like I had plastic film over it. Once I saw how it looked once it set I wanted to run and wash my face, but I was running late and figured I should test the staying power anyway so I kept it on. Didn't help at all. As a matter of fact I was oilier than usual and I got oilier faster than I do with any other setting spray. Save your $7/8 or use them towards another spray. This stuff is just collecting dust in my vanity. The only good thing I can say about this product is that in a pinch it works decently if you need something to set your brows with.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AliceIsMadeOfMakeup

I think this product works nicely when you use it correctly. I spray this across my face 4-5 times after applying concealer (I don't wear any foundation). I find that if you just leave the sprays unblended on your face they can leave strange looking sploches (especially if you're wearing powder over it) so I take a blending sponge and sort of reblend it. After I've done this I wait 2-3 minutes and then apply a layer of pressed powder. This spray felt relatively stiff on my face but it really was worth it because my makeup didn't get nearly as oily as it normally does. I even felt like it might have kept my face from perspirating. It is a bit on the spendy side because it does go kind of quickly and it is often out of stock but those are really the only cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hurray for this stuff! I bought a bottle at Ulta and went back the next day to get another to have a backup.
I do my complete makeup, spray my face quite a bit.. it's damp all over. Then I use my blow dryer on the lowest coolest setting and let it 'set' the setting spray. It kind of 'melds' with what's on my face and gives the loveliest finish.
My makeup does not move all day. Not even a smidge.
I can wear makeup for an extended time, come home and use a makeup remover cloth and it comes away just loaded with makeup. Because it's all still there, even hours later.
Plus, it's less than ten dollars!
I haven't used any of the expensive ones because I don't have a need to. I like the way my face looks with this on, and I like that my makeup is SET for the day. So why pay more? Did I mention it's less than ten dollars? :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im 80% sure this is just hairspray. It smells like hairspray (White Rain actually...you remember White Rain? lol) It feels like hairspray on your skin. So, essentially $8 for some chemical compound with hairspray like properties for your face? I don't dig it. It doesn't really affect the wear or finish of my makeup one way or another, but I've never had problems with the wear of my makeup. My biggest issue is, every time I would use this, I would have a new blemish the next day. Something in it definitely does not work with my skin. Im sure the chemical compound of this is kinda close to UD All Nighter spray...which again is all a bunch of chemicals. I have found DYI recipes for MAC Fix plus, which I also use, but none for a long wearing setting spray. I don't know, maybe to be long wear they must be chemical laden? Either way, my skin just doesn't agree with this type of product, sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! I suffer from dry skin and this helps my makeup look less cakey and flakey. I always carry a bottle with me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. My skin tends to get greasy throughout the day, so I tend to like matte products. However when I use matte products it makes me look like I am wearing pounds of makeup. This product is the only product I've ever tried that uses no shimmer or glosses to make my skin look beautiful and refreshed. I look like I have a lovely natural glow, without making my skin look like an oil slick throughout the day.
It DOES have a bit of an unpleasant fragrance, but it doesn't last very long, so I can deal with it.
The Spray is fantastic and even. One does the job, two is the absolute maximum I will ever use.
I don't know what I would do without this setting spray! I used to use Model In a Bottle, but I love this far more (especially for the price).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works great for me especially this winter when my skin is dry looking. I spray a few pumps to set my makeup and my skin literally glows. Unlike mac fix + I don't have to reapply later. During the summer, I will switch to the matte setting spray.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never used a setting spray before.

This didn't really do anything. Maybe it made my powder look a *smidge* less powdery but I don't apply a lot of powder anyway. I really wanted this as a way to make my makeup - particularly my TM last longer - on causal days when I just wear TM. It didn't help at all.

I was a little concerned about what "dewy" would look like because one person's "dewy" is another person's "greaseball". But it really didn't look any different than my foundation's satin finish.

I feel like I got majorly ripped off buying a spray bottle of water with some alchol (which I didn't know beforehand) in it.

NOT BUY again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this product. The one main complaint with it is that it seems to have a chemically smell, which is a bit of a turn off, but it dissipates quickly.
I have fairly dry skin and I like to wear full coverage products, so I have to be really careful to avoid looking caked. I feel that this product takes some of the powdery edge off my make up and gives me a more natural finish. I generally hold the spray an arm's length from my face and give myself a few sprays after I'm done with my makeup.
I can see what some other reviewers are saying about it leaving a "film", I do notice something kind of "sitting on top of" my make up throughout the day. Luckily, this isn't the kind of film that you can wipe off, and it's not greasy, so I don't mind it. The product definitely has a slight bit of heaviness to it, but it's not unbearable, and I'm used to a full face of make up, so it doesn't bother me at all. I could see those who prefer very light make up to be irritated by it, though.
My FAVORITE thing about this product, and why I'm writing this review is to share a tip: I have a huge problem with product settling into my fine lines throughout the day, drying them out, and making me look older than I am. I've tried various products and dozens of techniques for avoiding this, but nothing works. Setting my under eyes with powder (the standard recommendation) exacerbates the issue, as my problem is dry under eyes, and the powder makes them even more dry and crepey. One day, I decided to try to set them with this product. I sprayed a bit on my palm, then tapped my ring finger into the product, and dabbed it all over my under eye (after I'd applied concealer)...it looks so much fresher & brighter, and I haven't had any issue with my eyes looking shriveled and old since. I am SO pleased! I will continue buying this product for this reason alone! If you have a similar issue, I really recommend trying this! Hope this helps someone :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this to replace the Pur one I was using because it was so much cheaper, but it's not the same. I do not get a dewy finish at all. It's matte and that's about it. I guess it sets my makeup, I don't notice a huge difference to be honest.

I am still on the hunt for a cheaper alternative and if I don't find one I guess I will stick with Pur or get UD. Before the spray the makeup i was wearing transferred to my phone, but after it didn't so much, so I guess that means it did set it somewhat.

I probably wont purchase again, but you never know. I don't like how it stayed matte, I like dewy because my skin is so dry.