October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Blush - Dainty Doll - powder blush in My Girl

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by beccy95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging is lovely- very cute- but the actual blush is rubbish. It's literally the least pigmented blush I've ever tried, and it isn't very buildable. It basically looks like you aren't wearing any, even after applying a liberal amount. I bought this because I thought it might be a nice colour on my pale skin, but it doesn't show up even over a good base. The price for me was great as I got it in a Fragrance Direct sale, but I would have been so mad if I bought it full price. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

MY GIRL is a light candy pink shade, that is similar to Benefit's Dandelion - it's just a bit brighter. The powder has a nice satin finish, and when I look very closely at my skin, I can see that the blush is lightly shimmering. [Silly me; I forgot to point out that the packaging on older products just use numbers. MY GIRL is 002].

I'm impressed with the pigmentation; a little goes a long way. You don't get a lot of product, but it'll still last a while since you just need a light dusting of powder. The powder isn't very tightly packed, so it can be a bit messy. Not a deal-breaker for me, but if you're using this for the first time bear it in mind. I've found that this lasts all day with no touch-ups, and it doesn't enhance my dry skin. I'll be sure to pick up more colours in the range, as I'm so happy with the performance of this.

Dainty Doll is a small UK brand, that produces flattering-but-trendy shades of makeup for fairer skintones.