July 24, 2014 | 955 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Desire The One

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so after hating Fracas, therefore being terrified of another tuberose perfume, I decided to go ahead and give this a try because of all the other delicious ingredients; caramel, vanilla, amber. Not surprisingly, I really liked it. Bad news is, it doesn't last at all! I wore it for a week straight and didn't receive ONE compliment. And I work around nothing but men who won't hesitate to compliment my perfume. This smells very similar to Prada Candy but the staying power is just not there. Sadly, I would have loved it so much more than Prada Candy because it has a slightly powdery finish that's very soft and pleasing, but for the price, I just can't justify giving it a higher rating. Bummer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This scent makes me so sad. It has caramel, vanilla, amber, and lychee- four of my all-time favorite perfume notes. The One Desire has all the features of scent I would adore; it is gourmand, it has a sexy black bottle, and it has decent longevity and sillage.

Then tuberose belly-flops into the mix and the whole thing goes to hell in a hand basket. Tuberose is one of my least favorite notes; it smells like plastic and play-doh to my nose. Without the tuberose, this smells like a tasty vanilla-lychee bubble tea (I guess the amber and caramel pulls tapioca for me). On the flipside, if you love sexy foody scents and you also love tuberose, this is a win for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I found this gem for $49 at Sephora after the holidays. It came with a nude lipstick and black eye pencil. It smells sophisticated but sweet notes linger. It's lasting power is pretty great considering most fragrances fade over the day but it definitely does a better job than most. If you want the scent to be recognizable, spritz again during the day. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and fell MADLY in love with this scent, so much so that I bought a full-sized bottle for myself and my cousin.

I typically hate sweet scents, but this is the perfect blend of sweet (but not sugary), fruity and flowery. The description says that it has lychee in it, which certainly explains why it smells so lovely! It's very strong (don't overdo it!) and it lasts a VERY long time on me, long enough that my mother complimented me on the scent a full 12 hours after I applied it. You really only need one spritz for the scent to be noticeable for hours, two if you want to be doubly sure that it stays all day.

I think this is a very versatile scent for all ages, occasions and tastes. It's a great pick-me-up during winter, probably because it has so many of the nice scents in it that remind me of spring and summer.

The only thing I didn't love was the bottle. The black, square, plain bottle is meh to me, I think they could've come up with something more unique. Also, the bottle is opaque so I can't see how much I have left. I can only shake the bottle and hope for the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells so good and lasts, it's the most long lasting perfume on me, I went on biking 3 hours with big sun, got home 12 hours later, can still smell a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG! I got a tiny bottle of this for free at sephora and it is soo lovely!! Smells heavenly! This is my new favorite perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Minniebx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at sephora the other day, sprayed some on and all of sudden I fell in love with it. Looking forward on buying it soon. It smell soo good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by littlemissdimples88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! It smells sweet and sexy at the same time.

The only reason i rated it 4 instead of 5, is that on me the fragrance somehow smells very light, so i need maybe 4 spritzes, whereas for some other perfumes i only need 2 spritzes. Since a bottle of it isn't cheap, this makes using this perfume a bit expensive for me.

However, the scent itself is fantastic. Much better than The One, or D&G Pour Femme, which i tried at the counter before buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LisaE5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 17 and quite surprised that I actually live this scent. I received it from someone else and was a little skeptical as to what I thought about it as I though it might be more of a mature lady scent (ie 30 onwards). Totally love the scent, smells divine and has cute packaging :

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by alltherave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is love. I'm 23, and was finding ways to come off mature, while maintaining a classy composure. Let me tell ya, this stuff is the way to do it. My signature fragrances in high school and middle school were the classic young girl go-to perfumes (ie Ralph by Ralph Lauren, anything nonsensual by Victoria Secret, Vera Wang's Princess). This smell definitely attracts mature men (not suggested for under 21). I mainly use this when I go out at night. The heart note is the best. A bit pricey, but for a great scent by D&G you cannot go wrong. Worth it. It's named 'Desire' for a reason...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No