Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector

on 6/29/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to get this out of the way first thing- this product seriously looks like literal poo....Okay now we can move on to the review.

I purchased this product on a whim, and before it shipped to my house, I decided to look at some reviews. Unfortunately, the general consensus was negative, which made me really disappointed, and honestly scared! Did I seriously just waste $30 on a dud product?? If I would've looked at reviews before adding this to my cart, I wouldn't have bought it. That said, I'm SO glad I didn't look at reviews beforehand!!

I know some have said this is patchy, but I have no problems with that whatsoever. I dot this on the perimeter of my face, after applying foundation, and blend it out with a beauty blender, and the result is a beautiful, natural bronze. I've also mixed it with foundations when I'm doing makeup on other people, and it makes any foundation a shade darker, and more bronze (state the obvious, right??)

I have also added powder bronzers over top of this, and it really helps to extend the wear of my bronzer and contour. Contour and blush are usually the first thing to fade on my oily skin, so adding in this step ensures that my bronzer will last all day long.

I have never had great luck with using darker concealers for contour, it always ends up being too pigmented. This product is sheer enough that you achieve a natural looking bronze, that a darker concealer just wont give you! However, using a concealer is so much more CONVENIENT!! I feel like I would love this product ten times more if it was in packaging that accommodated a doe foot applicator. Sometimes this liquid bronzer is just too time consuming to use.

Do I think this product is necessary? Absolutely not. If you're a makeup minimalist, I would suggest sticking to powder bronzer, it's just a whole lot less trouble. On days when I'm in a rush, I tend to skip this, because it's just faster to dust on a powder, rather than blending in a cream.

Would I repurchase? Yes! This looks so much more natural than powder in my opinion, and it lasts longer too. It may take a little more time, but I love the look of it.

*Natural looking
*Lasts all day
*Blends well with damp sponge
*Can be used as foundation mixer

*Packaging gets really dirty if you have makeup on your hands, and it's impossible to clean it off
*Can be patchy when used with brushes or fingers
*A little time consuming to use

I like this. It's very natural looking under or over my foundation. So many of the cream or gel bronzers are too dark for even my medium skin tone. I reach for this over my Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL BRONZING MAKEUP BASE. I'm an outdoors cowgirl and I like something that can be worn in the bright sun light. This is perfect for day and night use.

on 1/27/2014 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this product as a deluxe sample in a sephora order. I do really like this product because it gives a subtle bronze glow, I hate looking like I had a bad fake tan, I am about NW15-20 ish? depending on the season.

This does have a sheen but this does not come off glittery, I still would not use it all over the face for an all over bronze, mostly just cheeks and temples and use NO HIGHLIGHTER! I don't see shimmer unless I get super super close to the mirror and I would be inclined to say microglitter

Why won't I buy again? Because I do not wear bronzing products very often, not my favorite product tbh, im an eyeshadow girl !

If you have an HG bronzzer don't change for this. IT is great but not a big WOW product for me.

on 2/27/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone is my favorite highlighter so when I heard about their Bronzing Skin Perfector I was excited. You can use this product all over to even out skintone and add color, underneath makeup, or on target areas. As soon as it was released I rushed to order.

The texture of this is great. It's a smooth cream and it dries down rather than feeling wet or sticky. That is the only thing I like about this though. At the moment, I'm around an NC15 and this doesn't show up on me at all. Not even a little bit. I've tried wearing it alone, under foundation, just on my cheeks and it does nothing for me. In the picture, it is swatched very heavily. When you blend it in, you can't even see it. I love subtle makeup but this is just too subtle. Maybe this will show up if you are very, very fair but even then I would not recommend it. Which brings me to the next point: There is shimmer in this. Maybe some would like that but I don't like shimmer all over my face because it usually makes me look more oily than I am.

I usually love Becca products but this one was a fail for me. Unless you are very fair and love shimmer I recommend giving this one a pass.