Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil

3.5

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Beeswax**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Glyceryl Dibehenate**, Tribehenin**, Glyceryl Behenate**, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil**, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Abyssinian Oil (Crambe Abyssinica) Seed Oil**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract**, Soybean Glycerides**, Linoleic Acid**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil** Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter**, Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kukui Nut) Oil**, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil**. *Organic. **Natural.

on 2/18/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received a generous trial size of the Argan Creamy Oil and, to be honest, I had pretty limited use for this. I love the regular argan oil from Josie Maran but this creamy oil (the consistency of vaseline, pretty much) - except for rubbing it into my nails and cuticles (and it is nice for that, especially before bed), I couldn't really see much practical use for it.....until last week. I'd had a pretty major cold and the combination of blowing and wiping my poor, stuffed nose and taking some cold meds left me with dry, scaly patches all around my nose. I'd tried pretty much everything and still the scales were there. Then I remembered that I had this product. I rubbed some pHelityl Oil (Erno Laszlo) into the areas that were so dry and irritated, let it sit a bit and then rubbed it off gently with a warm muslin cloth. Then I applied some Cream Oil and the area was so much more smooth and soothed than with anything else I've tried. I do wish smaller tubes of this stuff were available because, even though it it working admirably (my skin doesn't just look better, if feels so much more soothed and calmed), it's not something I would use very often. So a smaller tube (about the size of Bite's Agave Lip Mask) would be perfect and I would certainly buy it. But I still might purchase a full size of this because it seems sort of like a good "first aid" type of cream to have for chafing and irritations and maybe even my dear husband's razor burn!

I bought this specifically for my lips and really chapped areas, and let me say, THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. It does not last long at all on the lips. I put it on my lips, and literally, 1 minute later, it's completely gone. Like nothing was ever applied. It starts out a little creamy, but applies SO thinly, almost like dry oil. It also separates; you have to shake it to get it to be creamy-ish again. I will use the rest, and I will never purchase again.

on 1/17/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OHHHH No. This stuff gave me the worst breakout I've had in -- literally -- my entire life. And I mean that, my ENTIRE LIFE. I'm 34 years old and have had essentially clear skin for years now. And I've NEVER had a breakout like this, ever. My entire face is riddled with huge, painful pimples which arose like clockwork after I tried this for a few days in an attempt to counter dry winter skin. Run, run, run away. I'm devastated and don't want to face my colleagues, who will surely wonder what on earth happened to my face, it's that bad.

UPDATE: Just for the record, it is now nearly a month since I wrote the initial review and my skin is STILL not back to normal. This has never happened to me before, from any product, ever. Be careful. This really might not work out for everyone. It really, really messed things up for me -- the worst acne of my life, and I'm way past this, or at least I was. Jeez. Ugh.

on 12/19/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a deluxe sample size of this in a 500 point VIB package. I needed something really intensely moisturizing while I was on a vacation in Palm Springs as my regular moisturizer was not enough. Not only is the finish of this greasy beyond description, it does not absorb and it is heavily fragranced. It does not work as a treatment for extremely dry patches because it does not stay put. It does nothing. I would never purchase this. I might use it up on my legs. Luckily the pack also had the regular Argan oil which saved me from severely parched desert skin.

on 12/17/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This might be my HG product of all time! I use it almost exclusively on my face. I have suffered from Seborrheic Dermatitis in the peri-oral region of my face for close to 20 years now. Nothing, including a prescription, has helped my seborrheic dermatitis like this product. Other reviewers are complaining about the price. I got a large tube at Sephora for $28.00. You don't need very much product for it to be effective so I think the value is very good. It has a light, orange pleasant scent.

As you can see from the ingredient list argan oil is just one ingredient and it's not that high on the list.

I pray that this product is never discontinued. I don't think I will ever be without it again!

on 11/19/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite product in my entire beauty collection. I have used it every single night for two years as a moisturizer and night cream. My skin is dry all year round and when I use this consistently, I wake up with fresher skin that is less flaky. If I use this at night, my concealer, foundation, and powder wear much better during the day. I think it smells great- like a light citrus scent. While I think this is too expensive to bring around with me during the day as a hand cream (I would if I had the cash), I do take it with me on planes and it feels both luxurious and protective. 100% would recommend.

on 11/9/2014 10:45:00 AM

I keep this in my makeup room for emergency moisturization while I'm applying makeup. Even though I am careful to shake up the tube and keep it right side up, what I almost always get is mostly messy oil and if I'm lucky, a little bit of cream. The milk form of the oil is much better.

on 7/21/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So let me just say that yes it does moisturize i use it for a night cream and heres why &it also is the reason its 4stars not 5 because it has these little beads in it or i dont know what it is but you can definitely feel and i have sensitive skin so thats a no no so i will not use it in the morning for that reason if didnt have that then i would be in love but if you can look past that part then more power to you :) i do love this stuff just not the beads

on 7/15/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I miss the solid stick form, but this is the next best thing.

This product is the bees knees. I have uber sensitive skin and haven't had one issue putting this on my face. It does contain a grapefruit extract which could be problematic for some skins.

I have two tubes now, one on my nightstand and one in my work travel bag.

I use this for everything from treating dry lips to night time undereye treatment to turning powder shadows and blushes into a luminous-looking cream.

Don't be an idiot and leave it in the car or your beach bag and then complain when it's too liquidy...I mean, it has the word "OIL" in the name.

on 7/10/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, so this is like a solid oil in a tube. It tends to separate, so shake it a little or open it carefully. It's a light cream, less greasy than an oil and absorbs into the skin (well it does for me as I am old and have dry skin). It has multiple uses - hair nails face body. I love it because argan oil reduces redness. I find it perfect for eyebrows, after grooming, or skin abrasions, like zit removal (yeah gross). So if you pluck your brows and you have that Frankenstein forehead going on, use this. I've never experienced any breakouts using this product. It smells great too.