December 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a deluxe sample size of this in a 500 point VIB package. I needed something really intensely moisturizing while I was on a vacation in Palm Springs as my regular moisturizer was not enough. Not only is the finish of this greasy beyond description, it does not absorb and it is heavily fragranced. It does not work as a treatment for extremely dry patches because it does not stay put. It does nothing. I would never purchase this. I might use it up on my legs. Luckily the pack also had the regular Argan oil which saved me from severely parched desert skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by LBinNH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This might be my HG product of all time! I use it almost exclusively on my face. I have suffered from Seborrheic Dermatitis in the peri-oral region of my face for close to 20 years now. Nothing, including a prescription, has helped my seborrheic dermatitis like this product. Other reviewers are complaining about the price. I got a large tube at Sephora for $28.00. You don't need very much product for it to be effective so I think the value is very good. It has a light, orange pleasant scent.

As you can see from the ingredient list argan oil is just one ingredient and it's not that high on the list.

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit**, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate**, Beeswax**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Glyceryl Dibehenate**, Tribehenin**, Glyceryl Behenate**, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil**, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil**, Abyssinian Oil (Crambe Abyssinica) Seed Oil**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract**, Soybean Glycerides**, Linoleic Acid**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil** Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter**, Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kukui Nut) Oil**, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil**.

I pray that this product is never discontinued. I don't think I will ever be without it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by elephantgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite product in my entire beauty collection. I have used it every single night for two years as a moisturizer and night cream. My skin is dry all year round and when I use this consistently, I wake up with fresher skin that is less flaky. If I use this at night, my concealer, foundation, and powder wear much better during the day. I think it smells great- like a light citrus scent. While I think this is too expensive to bring around with me during the day as a hand cream (I would if I had the cash), I do take it with me on planes and it feels both luxurious and protective. 100% would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I keep this in my makeup room for emergency moisturization while I'm applying makeup. Even though I am careful to shake up the tube and keep it right side up, what I almost always get is mostly messy oil and if I'm lucky, a little bit of cream. The milk form of the oil is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

So let me just say that yes it does moisturize i use it for a night cream and heres why &it also is the reason its 4stars not 5 because it has these little beads in it or i dont know what it is but you can definitely feel and i have sensitive skin so thats a no no so i will not use it in the morning for that reason if didnt have that then i would be in love but if you can look past that part then more power to you :) i do love this stuff just not the beads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I miss the solid stick form, but this is the next best thing.

This product is the bees knees. I have uber sensitive skin and haven't had one issue putting this on my face. It does contain a grapefruit extract which could be problematic for some skins.

I have two tubes now, one on my nightstand and one in my work travel bag.

I use this for everything from treating dry lips to night time undereye treatment to turning powder shadows and blushes into a luminous-looking cream.

Don't be an idiot and leave it in the car or your beach bag and then complain when it's too liquidy...I mean, it has the word "OIL" in the name.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by chrislee59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so this is like a solid oil in a tube. It tends to separate, so shake it a little or open it carefully. It's a light cream, less greasy than an oil and absorbs into the skin (well it does for me as I am old and have dry skin). It has multiple uses - hair nails face body. I love it because argan oil reduces redness. I find it perfect for eyebrows, after grooming, or skin abrasions, like zit removal (yeah gross). So if you pluck your brows and you have that Frankenstein forehead going on, use this. I've never experienced any breakouts using this product. It smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this creamy oil. I was expecting to love it, but in reality it was just an ok product.

I think my disappointment is because it isn't super moisturizing. I was expecting it to be a heavier moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling super moisturized for a while. Something more like shea butter. In reality it soaked in really quick and did not leave my skin feeling greasy at all. If you are looking for a non-greasy light moisturizer, you will love this.

This worked wonders on my cuticles. I definitely noticed dramatic improvement in my cuticles after I had been using this on my hands at night. And as I said, it didn't leave my hands feeling greasy. It does take a few minutes to soak in, but once it does, there is no greasiness.

In contrast, I didn't see any great improvement when I used this on my feet. It really didn't seem to help with my extremely dry feet. But it did work as a good/decent moisturizer on the rest of my body.

I did notice that on warmer days it did separate a bit. However, it did not separate very bad. After a little bit of liquid oil came out of the tube, it was back to being a cream again. This is something to be aware of so you don't make a mess with it when you go to squirt some of the product out of the tube.

It has no real fragrance. The fragrance I notice is mostly just the natural oil scent. It may have a hint of a citrus scent to it, but its barely noticeable.

If this wasn't so expensive I would probably repurchase it. However, for the price I can't justify purchasing it again. I do like Josie's products. I will continue to use my regular argan oil, but I won't be purchasing the Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil again because it wasn't 'intense' enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I love this stuff! It really helps with dry, itchy, flaky skin that just is not absorbing other moisturizers. This comes out of the tube looking somewhat like petroleum jelly, but melts into an oil within seconds of application. It spreads easily across the face and absorbs fairly quickly. It does not feel greasy or heavy, although I personally would not use this during the day. I love the scent, which is very subtle. You can only smell it once it is on your face. It reminds me of something fruity. As I really do love this product, I will continue to purchase.

Update: I am pretty sure this is breaking me out on my face, and so I am limiting myself to using it on my body. For this reason, I removed a lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

I've used Vitamin E Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba Oil, and nothing has really helped keep my dry skin hydrated like Argan Oil does! This "cream oil" is really hydrating and keeps my skin moisturized all day.
My skin gets very dry when it's windy, but rather shiny in the warmer months. This product does a great job combating dryness! I typically use it at night because it does make me look shiny when I use it under makeup during the day. The consistency is wonderful; making this a cream, and not an oil, gives you more control when applying it to your skin. I know it's more of a convenience thing, but it also keeps you from going overboard and wasting product. A little goes a long way!
I have eczema-prone skin, and this oil has worked very well for me. It keeps my hydrated and my skin has been (knock on wood!) looking pretty good.
Overall, wonderful. $28 for a decent sized tube is worth it to me. If you're on the fence, get a sample at Sephora. The generous sample size will last you a week or two!