April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - intense i-color liquid shadow + color primer For Green Eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an eyeshadow, it's too sparkly and doesn't have enough pigment, but it works okay as a primer. There are only 4 colors to choose from, too. I got this at CVS for $2 after the sale and with my coupon. I definitely would not pay $8.29 for this. Jesse's Girl eyeshadow primer works much better (as well as UDPP) and is only $5.99 at Rite Aid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by GiGiQue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a color dupe of the now discontinued Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Shadowcreme in Cafe Au Lait; but it's not as complex a color once on the lid. Cafe Au Lait is richer and thicker--but it's also no longer made. This is a thin-ish cream aka a thick-ish liquid, that uses a doe-foot applicator. I apply the color over my lid only, then use my soft concealer brush (that I use for all my paint pots and cream shadows) to spread the color over the lid/crease and up to the highlight area. It doesn't dry too quickly so there is time to blend it on the lid just the way I want it. My eyeshadows & eyeliner applied over the product well. This lasted through my 12-hour workday, and my MAC shadows stayed as first-applied. This worked great for my office-job, but I would not use it for my hospital position--which requires a waterproof or sweatproof formulation to get through physically challenging days. I had no fallout when I used it alone. I have oily lids and this stayed put (again, nonphysical, office job usage). I would buy this again for office-position or hangin' out at home usage.

Update: I have discovered that everything in my life currently involves sweating and I need a long-wearing eyeshadow. This is a great product for what it is. However, I've now tossed mine, as I apparently need a long-wear every day. Although it doesn't suit my lifestyle, it is still a good product.

I'd read online reviews that complained about the product thinning when fingers were used to spread the product--I've found that sheerness/thinning isn't the case when enough product is initially used and a brush is the tool for spreading/shaping the shadow. The complaints online seemed to refer to being unhappy because this product doesn't apply/perform like a Paint Pot or a Cream Shadow--which it is not. If you expect this to be a Paint Pot, you will be disappointed. If you take it for what it is, a liquid shadow that you can apply other shadows over, then it's all good. It's not industrial strength like most of our HE eye shadowcremes; it's not sweat-resistant (not for me, maybe for someone else); it's not expensive (I got it at Walmart for $4.95). I had no allergic reaction to this--and I'm allergic to most everything. I gave it a 4 because this product is good for what it is. I love me my Paint Pots and Shadowcremes. But in this economy, I need to save money when/where I can--and it's very difficult to find eye products I'm not allergic to. A good buy, overall.

Ingredients: Trisiloxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Tribehenin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No