MISSHA eye brightener

on 12/11/2013 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I think this is quite a decent under eye brightener. The pink tone cancels out my dark circles, however, I don't have serious ones to begin with. I like the applicator - it allows you to get the perfect amount of product. I think if you have dry under eyes or lots of wrinkles this product won't do you any favors. It will definitely accentuate them. It holds up all day on my oily skin. You definitely cannot beat the price - it's incredibly cheap but a good quality product. For the low price point it's worth giving it a go. I would repurchase and recommend.

on 2/27/2013 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This product is packaged in a tube with a doe tip applicator so it looks like a concealer, although it's marketed as an eye brightener.

The local H Mart sells the MISSHA line (limited items) and this caught my eye. There is only one shade which is best suited for light to medium skin tones.
The texture is a bit heavy and dries quickly so it's important to blend as soon as it's applied.
It can look cakey especially if the eye area is on the dry side.

Does it actually brighten the eye area? Hmm....sort of.
If I apply too much, I end up with reverse raccoon eyes.
Less is more with this product and it can double as a concealer if the skin under the eyes is smooth and taut, otherwise, it can crease into fine lines.

I paid about $7 CAD for this stuff and it's not bad.

EDIT: October 2013
In an attempt to use up my stash, I rediscovered this item as an eye shadow primer. It does leave a bit of a white cast on the lids so that will probably alter the shadow colours.
I love the matte texture and shadows do stay put all day with minimal creasing.