August 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nuance by Salma Hayek - White Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mask.It leaves my skin clean and makes my pores look smaller .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a white clay mask made of Kaolin and bentonite clay with added beneficial herbals. It's not really the kind of traditional clay mask that hardens tight on your face but more of a deep cleaning plus some moisture mask for balancing the skin. It works very well for my sensitive/Combo/Dehydrated and hormonal breakout skin. Finding good balance plus good ingredients that won't harm my delicate skin is very hard. I think this is definitely one the better clay masks you can get in a drugstore. It's non drying to the skin, but makes your skin a little more clear, less congested and smoother. It's not a slam dunk type product for me but I really don't like shelling out money for Dermalogica masks which are my favorite. The only other mask you can find in drugstores are Queen Helene (Too much menthol for me) and Freemans which do nothing. The choices at lower price points are almost nil. But this mask is very similiar to some of the older Clarins masks I used to use which they no longer make. I love Clarins but my pocketbook hates them, so I'm using all of Salma's products now and so far, so good.

The mask has really good and healthy ingredients and I like her stance on using as natural as possible additives that have beneficial healing properties. Those that have severe acne may want to look elseweare But I do believe that she targeted her line to women 30-55 and those going into perimenopause and get hormonal breakouts and in general have changing skin. I think she achieved that very well. The mask is gentle, didnt rip my face off and left it feeling cleaner and fresher. My pores do look smaller after two treatments but I am suing her whole clarity line plus her firming moisturizer.

Overall, nice mask, has a high end feel to it with a upper level drugstore price. Her products go on sale quite often and that's a good time to try them out. You can always return them if you don't like them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this as a mask tonight in my bath and I was quite pleased. I got it because I had a 40% off coupon from CVS and this was one of the brands that was listed under qualifying. I have the sulfur spot treatment from this line but haven't tried anything else. I decided to give this a whirl!

Pros
Very creamy and silky and glides on the skin very nicely

Not like other clay masks that tighten on your skin (some people may love that sensation but I enjoy the fact that I don't have something tugging my skin)

Rinsed off well

Removed impurities (I roughly removed with an oil balm before applying and I was going to use a cleanser after this but decided to run over my face with a cotton ball soaked with toner instead and there was no makeup residue left)

Kind to dry skin (most of the time I feel clay will dry out the skin which isn't awesome for this dry skinned lady! This product makes me feel...well taken care of. My skin felt very smooth and hydrated after removing)

Easy packaging (it's a squeeze tube so how can you go wrong)

Cons
Expensive if not on sale ($15 for a face mask?)

You don't get so much product for you buck

I'll have to use it some more but for now I probably wouldn't repurchase. I do like it! But I don't know if I'd shell out full price for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by yward249

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This white clay mask is very gentle. You only leave it on for 5 minutes, so it's not like a lot of clay masks that you need to leave on until it dries. Like all the Nuance products it is full of botanicals. The only problem I had with it was the smell kind of bothered my eyes. It wasn't horrible however and it stopped as soon as I removed it. My skin looked very clean afterward and it was smooth without that overtightening effect that a lot of clay masks will cause. I think it's wonderful for those with combination skin.