July 25, 2014 | 1028 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Initialiste

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, it's not that I don't like this product by any means, I really love the smell of it and I think it feels nice on your scalp/hair... but this product is meant to supposedly help your hair grow. I bought this thinking it would help my hair grow out quicker and healthier, how wrong was I! I have been using this product for like four months now, and I have not noticed any difference in my hairs growth speed at all. It still hardly grows at all..
The only thing I absolutely ADORE about this product is the incredible smell. It smells like fresh apples and it is the best scent ever. I feel like the packaging is a little overblown, for the amount of product you actually get, and the price is outrageous! The whole Kerastase line is overpriced in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't buy this again, I really really wanted to like this product and believed it helped with the quality and growth of my hair.. but was extremely disappointed.. too bad. =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this tried on me at a salon, but decided to wait until I washed it out whether to buy it. Just rinsing this out my hair felt so amazing. I hated having to wash it out! I ended up buying a bottle and it has been so worth the money. I use this every other wash on average, but sometimes use it every time. I use about 3 pipettes on my scalp. I have noticed that using this, going sulfate free, and taking hair vitamins have helped my hair so much. I have very flat, fine hair. The only time it looks thick is when I let it go curly. With this and the above I mentioned my hair is thickening up. My hair looks thicker when wet and when dry it has so much volume I usually do not need thickening sprays. I have had stylists even comment about how amazing my hair is. I also think the combination is really helping my hair grow. I have been getting steady length. The other great thing about this is it smells so fancy and smooths in my scalp easily. The only downsides for me are the packaging and the way I have to wash my hair more often which is a pain. It is hard to see how much it is left and once it gets low it is really hard to use the pipette to get any out. And you are not supposed to pour this into your hands and rub it in. The pipette is the method of application because of how it absorbs. This does leave my scalp a little oilier after it dries. This is mostly bad for me because I already have an oily scalp. I usually avoid that by not using it when I need my hair to be styled. This is truly worth the money and I just bought my second bottle. I hardly ever buy products a second time, but this one is truly worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jonesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry, damaged, bleached, flatironed, curled, and ultimately, destroyed hair. I realize there is no such thing as a miracle product that will undue all of the torture I have inflicted on my tresses. But I am obsessed with Kerastase products and am a regular user of their shampoo, conditioner and leave-in treatments, so when my hairdresser suggested I try this one, I went for it. Sadly, after 4 months, I am not experiencing any amazing effects.

Pluses? It smells delicious, and has definitely improved my dry, sensitive scalp. But I have honestly seen NO difference in the appearance, manageability, and regrowth quality in my hair.

In fact, this product seems to just make my hair limp and dirty faster. Without it, I could take my hay-dry hair up to 5 or 6 days without washing, but with it, it just feels gunky faster. I have experimented with using less and less product but still, just flat locks. And I feel like a huge portion of the bottle's hefty price is the overdesigned packaging. I'll keep looking for that hair miracle!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by katelin_inline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

All my hair product I use Kerastase for 1 month. The result is all amazing .
My hair type : flat asian hair , re-dyed hair 3-4 times /year , no -volume , coarse and frisky due to iron hair roller
Product that I used
1. Shampoo : bain force architecte ( level3,4)
2. Elixir Ultime Mask ( after shampooing)
3. Serum Initialist ( at sclalp)
4. Ciment Thermique ( at the end of hair before blow drier)

Initialist serum - I use it for 4 weeks , I feel my hair is more healthy but I don't know how is this product work? because I use it with many Kerastase products as I said above. The hair fall is still happen , this can help a little . I feel my scalp more relax when I use it. I think I'll keep continue use this product because at least it can provide a hair nutrients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very thick, long, fluffy, frizzy, wavy, dry and slightly damaged hair due to highlights and coloring. I try to use the best products I can on my hair so that it never looks like crazy person who came out of an asylum (my hair naturally has habit of easily looking like that if I don't do anything). So in addition to my heavy conditioner, and efficient hair serums/oils; I have added Initialiste as part of my regimen. I do not know whether it adds shine or not. But I did notice some amount of manageability in my hair every time I use it. By the fourth use, I saw much improvement! I do think this does soften your hair. Honestly I thought it would make very thick hair to even thicker hair! Fortunately, what I was able to find is that there was more definition and control to my hair. I realized this effect when I skipped Initialiste a few times, and had much more fluffier hair! I am certainly going to keep using this!!! Fyi, don't put too much (3 pipette amount should be good)(this coming from a girl with a dry scalp and too much hair), otherwise, it makes scalp oily really fast.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to believe, I really did. I love the Kerastase brand and had high hopes for this product, I was actually convinced it would improve my hair before I tried it. The first week of use is unbelievable-my hair was thicker, softer and more shiny than it had ever been. After a month (and I had already purchased a back up bottle-I hate to run out of things) my hair was waxy, coated, lank, dull...I always clarify and deep condition every 7-10 days so I thought maybe I just hadn't done a good job the last go around, so I clarified and deep conditioned and the waxiness and limpness didn't go away at all. When I pulled this out of my rotation after going through my routine (just trial and error) my normal hair was back. I have 3A hair that I blow out frequently, I use the best products I can and what I was trying to get out of Initialiste was less breakage from heat styling, maybe slightly thicker hair as the product promises. My hair is a little less dense than when I was younger (I am 36 yrs old with two children). Shine, bounce, healthy looking hair...I already more or less had that. I would be interested to hear what other people say about this product after using it an extended amount of time. Many reviews I have read were after the first week or two when indeed, my hair was reacting great as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this as soon as I found out on Kerastase website. I wash my hair every 2 days or almost everyday, depends how often I go to the gym. So, I only use this on my shampoo day. I do feel my hair grows faster, even my hair dresser said the same (but she didn't know that I've been using this). I can't complaint, yet. So far so good. I have weak, thin, fine Asian straight hair. I did not experience any cruel things while using this. I color my hair about 4 times/year. The reason why I bought this, because my hair always falls a lot since I was a teen. And everytime I get it color, it becomes weaker and more fragile. At one point, I was worried that I went balding. But, I did not. Although while using this, my hair still falls. But, loosing 100 hair/day is still normal. Give it a try, I still think it's a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so dissapointed in this serum, having read all the amazing reviews I was really excited about getting this. The packaging and bottle is beautiful . I found the instructions really basic there is no information on how regularly you are meant to be using this and no leaflet with any information about the product. Anyway it smells deliscious!, I used two drops from the pipet as I have long, fine hair. I noticed straight away my hair brush felt very greasy after I brushed my wet hair which set alarm bells ringing!. During blow drying my hair I started to feel it felt a bit lank and the colour looked darker than my natural blonde. My hair actually felt thinner and completely lank after blow drying. As the day went on my hair became even more lank and my scalp started to sting a little. I persevered with this serum for four days and each day my hair got more yukky than ever!. I have given up now and after writing this I am going to have to go cleanse my hairbrush to get the greasyness out of there!. This must be a good product for a certain hair type as the reviews have been so positive. I am guessing if you have thick, very dry, damaged or course hair this may be a good product for you if you have fine, oily hair like myself or you have a sensitive scalp I would probably give this a miss. Shame as the packaging is really beautiful!.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first review after a long time, because I felt obliged to rave about this concentrate. I've always had itchy, flaky scalp and my hair is long, fine and very much highlighted (and lowlighted). I bought this primarily for my scalp issues and I've been using it 2 times a week for a month now. It smells of fresh apples and is very light, like scented water. I massage it accordingly to Kerastase instructions video. During the last two weeks I got more compliments on my hair than in the last couple of years, my hair is voluminous and shiny. It looks healthy and full of life. Initialiste is expensive, but will last a long time since you only need a tiny bit every time and all in all so worth the money, more than all other hair products combined.
Edited: For proper usage, please see this video below (that's how I've been using it), since Kerastase usually doesn't put instructions on their product boxes because they rely on recommendations from their stylists.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by london1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not use to writing reviews but I have to for this product. Last year I was really sick and the doctor here in London gave me huge amounts of cortisone to get rid of pneumonia I had that had me out of work for 5 weeks. Well long story short one of the side effects was my hair falling out and I means LOTS! This went on for about a year. When this first came out (Oct 2012) my hairdresser told me to try it. Fast forward to now I have loads and I mean loads of all these new hairs popping up all over my scalp. There are so many that it is extremely obvious. After measuring them and that hair grows about a half and inch a month that is right when I started using this. It is also fantastic for itchy winter scalp. The new hair is well past annoying but I can live with it as it wont be forever and I now have loads of new hair growing! Worth the 40 quid any day. = )