Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

4.6

on 3/3/2015 8:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I get why this is so popular after owning #26. This range is glossy and sheer but buildable. It will not become opaque but #26 is a juicy, bright coral shade. If you are into the gradient lip trend, this is great because you can build up the intensity toward the centre of your lips.

At first i use a lipbalm under but my lips ended up looking greasy. This lipstick is so moisturizing that i do not need to use a lipbalm under, a first for me!!!

The scent is a bright, happy, fruity smell, brightens anyone's day. However it does not seem to suit the glamorous packaging.

I would love to get more, this is fantastic!!!

on 1/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this lipstick!
I have extremely dry lips and this lipstick adds moisture along with the perfect pop of color that lasts pretty much all day. I apply this lipstick on first thing in the morning and still drink my Starbucks coffee right after. Although I see the color on my mug, the color still stays on my lips for up to four hours. I never reapply this lipstick throughout the day and by the end of my work day, I still have a hint of color remaining. Definitely worth the price!

on 1/4/2015 4:23:00 PM

I waited years to buy these. Specifically #14 coral in touch disappointedly oxidized within 10 seconds from a warm peachy coral into a cool bright watermelon red (on my lips and cheeks). For the price I need true to tube color, or at least something that doesn't clash w my neutral warm tones. I feel most of these colors are too cool toned for me, and the warm ones might oxidize. Pass. :( packaging is top notch, though, obvi.

on 1/4/2015 2:34:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick I have two shades - rose culte and orange impertinent both are so amazing I receive compliments every time I apply these shades...I love the packaging too it looks like a royal piece of cosmetic in my bag...the best part is the smooth texture, I dont have to apply a lip balm before this lipstick ...its a total must have .. xoxo

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool

This is hands down my favourite lipstick formulation. I also love the Dior Addict range, but there is really no comparison YSL is the best. The formula is shiny, pigmented and complex in colour. The lipsticks wear off well and are natural-looking and moisturizing. Very kissable =)
I own Bun Insecur and it is HG.
Price sucks but you get what you pay for!

on 11/6/2014 6:07:00 PM

I have number 14 a coral red color. Love it. Hydrating.

on 10/22/2014 8:35:00 PM

I am pretty much exclusive to YSL lip products because of their quality and their packaging. Also, I am addicted to that strange perfume, which I can only describe as synthetic and strangely rotten in an attractive way. If that puts you off, worry not because this lipstick has a sweet and mild smell.

Besides this one, I also own the Kiss & Blush and Rouge Pur Couture. Out of the three, I have to say that this one, Rouge Volupté, is my favorite. I have it in #9 Nude in Private (the racy name is like 50% of why I bought it in the first place). It is a sheer color that is basically my natural lip color but more intensified. If you are going to be taking photos but want a "natural" look, this shade is going to be your best pal. Additionally, it moisturizes very well and stays put surprisingly long since it's a balm-like texture.

The packaging on this is luxurious without being trifling. I would definitely repurchase both this line and this product.

on 10/17/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have this in 24 Violet Insurgent from the Holiday 2014 collection. Feels like butter on my lips and leaves a nice fresh wet look and a bit of a stain when it dries out. It's exactly what I was looking for in a fun everyday lipstick, the pinkish berry colour is not as dramatic as the bullet makes it look. Most of my lipsticks are matte so it feels like it might slip right off if I touch my face but maybe that's just me haha. I do wish the bullet was pointy, I feel like I'll waste so much product going at it with a lip brush!

on 9/30/2014 7:56:00 PM

I was tempting to get this lipstick for almost a yr until recently that I finally got it. It does glide on like butter and very moisturising.. But ... But you definitely feel like having lip product on. And it's moisturising at first but it dries out your lips after 4 hours :( and i dont like that feeling at all. For a lipstick like that and costing like $35 is wayy too expensive. I can find better dupes with cheaper price and equal quality. However i do love the mango scent and the pigmentation. I got #16 which is an orangey coral that compliments warm skin tone a lot.

on 8/14/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in number 15 corail intuitive. This is the best lipstick I've ever owned! It's so pigmented, I only use 1 or 2 swipes to get full opacity. It smells great--like mango. It's a soft, warm toned pinky coral that looks natural & not too orange (unlike my clinique chubby stick #04). I've been wearing this every day since I got it. It is expensive, but it's worth the price because it's great quality and has beautiful packaging. Love it!

Popular Lipsticks