April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down one of my most favourite lipsticks ever. I have this in #6 Pink In Devotion (photo above to show colour). I find myself reaching for this one more than my Guerlain at the moment. Its a great everyday shade that can be worn for a pop of colour or toned down by layering over a lighter lipstick for a more milky pinky shade that's still very pretty.

I consider this colour a soft magenta pink, its not too harsh and in your face to wear on it's own - bright - but not my lips have entered the room before me bright! I'm loving this layered over a pale pink or pale pinky/peach lippie for a more mid-pink go with everything look.

Formula is silky smooth and just glides on, considering the formula is so moisturising it does last quite awhile especially when layered.

Oh and the packaging - well it's gorgeous and speaks for itself really :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

THE lipstick of all lipsticks
I have colors fuschia in rage (my more summer/spring shade) and violet incognito (my deep sultry fall/winter color)

PROS:
-hello, packaging? makes me feel like absolute ro-yal-ty. and with the color displayed on the side, it's easy to tell which one to grab

-pigmentation: the color pigment on these is insanity. you can sheer it out or you can build it up to a super rich intense shade. stahp im swooning<3

-texture: super moisture and shine if applied heavily. but if dabbed on or applied lightly, you just get that beautiful rich color with a moisturized, balm-y lip look, not a wet glossy look.

-wear: **this is where the game changes ladies: although this product is super moisturizing and feel fantastic on the lips, once the shine wears off, the color stays for a great while. maybe this is because i have rather dramatic shades, but it definitively reminds me of a "balm stain"

-color selection is to die for. my 2 shades are undoubtedly holy-holy-HOLY grail

CONS:
-price. okay, yeah hella expensive, but im not one to spend all the money on those crazy high end brands, and im telling you. THIS IS WORTH EVERY PENNY:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for #08 Pink in Confidence, a pink rosy/mauve my lips but better color. Very nice lipstick that does not dry out my lips and smells slightly like mango. It goes on smooth and has a little sheen, packaging is also beautiful! The #08 can be worn as a MLBB color and gives you a liptone close to Rosie Huntington Whiteley's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm always on the quest for a lipstick that:
*is moisturising, yet doesn't look overly creamy on my lips
*where the texture/colour looks 'sunken'/balmy on my lips, instead of a blob of cream *colour sitting on my lips (if you know what I mean)
*a pop of colour that brightens my Asian, slightly sallow, skin colour
*where the pop of colour still remains fresh looking after fading even without the shine
*where the pop of colour does not oxidise into a different hue
*and where the texture does not fade off and accentuate the lines on my lips

My YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #12 Corail Incandescent meets all the above!!
I'm so in love.

Although I had to add this comment: This colour (#12 Corail Incandescent) is very pigmented. It goes on strong and thick if I apply on to bare lips. However, it's gorgeous, balmy-creamy like, when I prep my lips first with a thin layer of lip balm (Clarins Lip Quench), and then using my ring finger (rather than a lipbrush) to smoothen/even it on my lips after applying straight from the tube.

I've been using this everyday for the last two weeks and still going strong (which is rare for me as I hardly stay faithful to one lippy for long)... so this says a lot on my love for this product. I try to rotate with my other high end lippies (Dior Addict, Lancome Love, Shiseido Sheer) but I still keep coming back to this - for both the colour payoff and texture.

5 lippies from me. I'm going to check out #9 Nude in Private and #15 Corail Intuitive after work tonight!

Oh, the casing is what made me buy this lipstick in the first place. The most beautiful case of all lippies, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ciftcia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great moisturizing quality, great pigmentation.
I always have dry lips with lipstick, glosses, basically anything I put on my lips except for blistex and this rouge volupte shine.
I own #4 rouge in danger. Normally I don' t go for red at all but this changed my mind, I mean this rouge is that good. Could be daily used at work as stain too. If only it weren't pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Abbyk10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These lipsticks are amazing. Moderately pigmented, lightweight, smooth, and glossy. You can build the color, as in swipe once for moderate color, swipe a couple more times and you have a very nice depth going on. Of course it varies between the lighter and darker shades, the brighter shades are of course more pigmented. They also have better lasting power than the lighter shades. They stain the lips while still providing a hydrated feeling after the glossiness has worn off. I have constant lip smacking tendencies and the brighter shades last about three hours on me, (although the stain lasts a good 6 hours) which is extremely good for me. I do find they bleed, but nothing a clear lip liner can't fix. For the bright shades, i have #14, #18, and #19. The only light shade I have is #8, which is a lovely 'my lips but better' color, a bit of a mauve pink. Glossiness fades after about an hour, less time than its brighter counterparts, but you still have a slight stain. These lipsticks smell like mangos, if you have a sensitive nose then you might want to try to smell before you buy. The packaging on these is just beautiful, I put them on my vanity as a sort of decoration. I love these so much, will definitely be buying more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BodaBantan

Love this lipstick, it's very light weight and moisturizing, and nicely pigmented too, and the color selection is wide i have the shad #17 ROSE IN TENSION which is gorgeous , stays on for a SUPER long time, and it kinda stains your lips which makes it look very nice even after 5 hours of wearing, it smells great and the packaging is adorable and even if i ran out, i will still keep the package as a decor.

Cons: 1) price is definitely up there, since YSL is a luxury brand, not only you're paying for the name, you're also paying for high quality and sophisticated package, which might not be for everyone, but if you're willing to spend the money it's definitely worth it.

2) the amount they put is very stingy, honestly i get that they are a luxury brand but i paid 195 SAR for not even 1/4 gram of product, But i did saw that the lipstick has a good amount on other reviews, if anyone has that problem i wanna know ASAP, maybe i was robbed or something hehe ;)

3) Last thing is that i don't recommend this for traveling, since it's SUPER creamy it's most likely to melt off very easily, so take good care of that!!

Will i buy it again: HELL YEAH :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product so so so much. First of all, it comes in gorgeous packaging. Second of all, this lipstick is super moisturizing. For the days I lose my chapstick, I subsitute this lipstick as a temporary chapstick and it works so well! I own #17 which is Rose in Tension and it is such a beautiful color. Despite the price, ($35! whew!) I will definitely purchase again in the furture. One of the best buys I have made this year. It makes a great acessory and a staple in your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a lip color fan, but I LOVE these so much! I own 3, and wear them every day. The formula is moisturizing but not tacky, and looks like a lipstick rather than a tinted balm. I honestly put these on as lip balm during the day (and for color) because I love the feel! The scent, to me, is fine; it's fake fruity but I actually like that. It does taste a bit fruity as well, but only if I'm checking/licking!

The pigmentation is sheer to medium, so it's a bit hard to find shades that look like anything on my pigmented lips. The finish is shiny but not glossy/glassy, and while one of the shades I have has iridescent shimmer, it's invisible on my lips.

Each color stains my lips, so hours later (after coffee and talking) I still have a nice color going on!

I have #2 Pourpre Intouchable, which is not purple on me - more of a plum/red/berry. It doesn't pull fuschia and might be my favorite lip color ever. I also have #7, rose infinite, which ends up being MLBB - a taupe rose/pink that is more brown than pink. My least favorite (but still loved) shade on me is #17, Rose in Tension, as it pulls very hot pink on me, but is a great spring shade.

I seriously want to toss all of my other lipsticks and just use these!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by VanessaSab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my god I love this lipstick so much! It's my go to lipstick and I use it all the time. I have the #8 which is call Pink in Confidence. On my lips, the colour comes out as a pink berry a little darker than my natural lips (which are more red than pink). I know that on some other girl it comes out more of a light pink (I guess their natural lips have more pink tone than mine).

The colour is not too much pigmented, but not translucent neither. It's just that the colour is so natural, it brings out more your natural tone. It's also shiny but not too much. The staying power is good, and it moisturizes my dry winter lips.

The packaging is absolutely beautiful. I just love putting this lipstick on! It feels luxurious! And there's a good smell not too pronounced. The swatches in this collection look all beautiful. I can't wait to buy one (or more) of their lighter pink. It is expensive for a lipstick, but for someone like me who does not buy or uses a lot of makeup, I like to invest in quality products. Even if not, it worths it totally! I used for a couple of years now the regular Volupte, and it is also a VERY good lipstick. It is also very moisturizing and well pigmented, just a little more matte.

It is really the perfect lipstick for my taste I have ever tried. I don't even want to continue looking for a better one, this one and the regular Volupte are so great!