Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

4.6

on 6/21/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although this lipstick is ridiculously expensive, it has quickly become my favourite. I have 5 colours now (5, 6, 12, 2, and 19). 6 (Pink In Devotion) is my go-to year-round and I'm on my second tube. In summer I love 12 (Coral Incandescent) or 5 (Fuchsia in Excess). 2 is reserved for fall/winter. (I have light neutral-cool skin, medium blonde hair, blue-grey eyes...).

The colours are bright/intense, but the product is slightly sheer (still pigmented) so, they are very wearable. The product is creamy and moisturizing. It's a breeze to apply (I use the top of the cap as a mirror). One to two swipes is all that's needed for a gorgeous pop of colour.

They leave a slightly glossy, satin finish. Because they are kind of like a balm (moisturizing and somewhat sheer) they don't last all day. But they do leave a mostly even stain as they wear off. And the tube is so gorgeous, and the feel is so nice going on, I never mind reapplying (which is easy to do at my desk or on the go, thanks to the mirrored cap-top).

I find these don't bleed or move around at all, I never need lip-liner with them. I also don't need a lip balm under them. Even when my lips are slightly rough (in fall/winter), these don't get caught up in the cracks - they make my lips look smooth and even.

I hate how pricey these are, but I will continue to repurchase. And a bonus - once you are done a tube, you can (carefully) pry the centre ring off the tube and wear it as a ring :-)

on 5/13/2015 4:27:00 AM

When you want to treat yourself ✨

on 3/23/2015 1:44:00 PM

Beautiful packaging!! I think that's what draws most people in, although the product itself is wonderful too. Feels super luxurious.
I purchased shade #14, which is a pretty coral/red shade. It applies like butter and is not too opaque, although one layer will be plenty. It feels light and moisturizing like a lipgloss more than lipstick. And the smell is AMAZING...very fruity, kind of like mangoes!
That said it is a bit pricey but I think we are paying for the brand name and packaging as much as the product.

on 3/17/2015 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never thought i'd be buying a $55 lipstick, but here we are. This is my most coveted lipstick, it's so so beautiful. The packaging is what drew me in. But the colour is what made me stay. I have shade 1. Which is a beautiful sheer plummy brown with some sophisticated sparkle. It's the perfect work colour! It lasts about two hours on me without eating or drinking. It doesn't stain. It''s taste free, but it has a faint pleasant scent. Overall, I'd buy another in a heart beat and recommend all makeup lovers own one of these in their life time!

on 3/8/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have # 15 coral intuitive and this is my holy grail lipstick! I have been searching for my perfert pink nude shade and this gives my lips that perfect pinky coral pout. This can be worn with a smokey eye or if you dont want to wear makeup and just wear mascara with a hint of color on your lips. I love the texture on my lips not drying at all. My skin naturally looks tan with a yellow gold tone to it so the hint of coral in this lipstick looks like a nude pink on me. For example macs please me comes out purplish on me with a white pink cast around the outer edges....yeah its a beautiful color but does nothing for me. So i highly recommend this lipstick and the package is beautiful.

on 3/3/2015 8:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I get why this is so popular after owning #26. This range is glossy and sheer but buildable. It will not become opaque but #26 is a juicy, bright coral shade. If you are into the gradient lip trend, this is great because you can build up the intensity toward the centre of your lips.

At first i use a lipbalm under but my lips ended up looking greasy. This lipstick is so moisturizing that i do not need to use a lipbalm under, a first for me!!!

The scent is a bright, happy, fruity smell, brightens anyone's day. However it does not seem to suit the glamorous packaging.

I would love to get more, this is fantastic!!!

on 1/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this lipstick!
I have extremely dry lips and this lipstick adds moisture along with the perfect pop of color that lasts pretty much all day. I apply this lipstick on first thing in the morning and still drink my Starbucks coffee right after. Although I see the color on my mug, the color still stays on my lips for up to four hours. I never reapply this lipstick throughout the day and by the end of my work day, I still have a hint of color remaining. Definitely worth the price!

on 1/4/2015 4:23:00 PM

I waited years to buy these. Specifically #14 coral in touch disappointedly oxidized within 10 seconds from a warm peachy coral into a cool bright watermelon red (on my lips and cheeks). For the price I need true to tube color, or at least something that doesn't clash w my neutral warm tones. I feel most of these colors are too cool toned for me, and the warm ones might oxidize. Pass. :( packaging is top notch, though, obvi.

on 1/4/2015 2:34:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick I have two shades - rose culte and orange impertinent both are so amazing I receive compliments every time I apply these shades...I love the packaging too it looks like a royal piece of cosmetic in my bag...the best part is the smooth texture, I dont have to apply a lip balm before this lipstick ...its a total must have .. xoxo

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool

This is hands down my favourite lipstick formulation. I also love the Dior Addict range, but there is really no comparison YSL is the best. The formula is shiny, pigmented and complex in colour. The lipsticks wear off well and are natural-looking and moisturizing. Very kissable =)
I own Bun Insecur and it is HG.
Price sucks but you get what you pay for!

Popular Lipsticks