September 22, 2014 | 1188 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in number 15 corail intuitive. This is the best lipstick I've ever owned! It's so pigmented, I only use 1 or 2 swipes to get full opacity. It smells great--like mango. It's a soft, warm toned pinky coral that looks natural & not too orange (unlike my clinique chubby stick #04). I've been wearing this every day since I got it. It is expensive, but it's worth the price because it's great quality and has beautiful packaging. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this in 6 Pink in Devotion. Loving it. It feel so moisturzing and have a beautiful shine to it. This is going to be my favs together with Guerlain G Rouge range. I love Guerlain G but they are heavy, this is more practical to carry inside a small purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by BelaBlue

I LOVE this lipstick. The color is SO rich and the texture is phenomenal. Almost like a light oil. You barely notice it. It us not unpleasant at all. It's not waxy it is light and refreshing. It even tastes good (I know weird) and it has a nice smell. I'd buy all colors if it weren't for the price. For me it doesn't last a long time, but that's ok because reapplying it is a pleasure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by gothicgabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is, by far, the best lip product. No no, I'm
Not
Exaggerating.

Here's why:
PROS:
-the wear: these could be advertised as balm stains, because even when the shine wears off, the color stays put like a lip stain!
-the feel: it's soft and smooth and comfy, perfect for travel
-the pigmentation: very smooth even and full coverage
-the packaging. Can we say high class?

CONS
-price. Okay it's pricey but worth it
-the color selection: it's good, but not as good as I would like it to be. Maybe better for my wallet?

Dupes?
People compare it to the revlon lip butters and maybelline color whispers, but to me the texture is incomparable.
It is like I said: a balmy, full coverage stain. Though revlon is comfy on the lips, it doesn't have that staining effect.

Overall you need to try at least one.
Over and out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Blackforesttart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually own two of this gorgeous luxury lipsticks. The pigmentation and texture absolutely is to-die-for if not for the price I would own them all ^^. The packaging looks extremely valuable thus I would also be a nice present. The lipstick lasts about 3 hours and doesn't dry out the lips at all.
if you want additional information you can also check out my blog; I actually did a full review on this ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Completely in love with this product, and I'll be looking to pick up a few more shades in the next couple weeks!

I bought this in Pink in Paris, an "aggressively fresh" pink....very difficult to describe the color, as the pigmentation is unlike any lippie I've used before. It is intense, making the color last for up to 4 hours on me with eating and drinking, whereas most lipsticks will last 1 hour. It is a warm, medium to light pink, almost straying to a peach color. Very eye catching, but versatile enough to go with almost all MU looks. I get so many compliments on this color, and have had so many people asking me what I'm wearing!

It is fragranced, smelling like mangoes to me, but the scent and bit of a taste fades after 10 minutes max. The formula is extremely rich, glides on easily, and has the feel of butter, without melting all over the place. It leaves my lips soft, smooth, and shiny, but a matte look is easily achieved by layering color and blotting with a notecard. It is very easy to produce a light wash of color, or a darker, intense pink stain with this lipstick.

The packaging is no different than the YSL standard of high quality, luxe feel. The tube is heavy and a bright gold: easy to find in my purse!

The only thing I'd change, isn't really a fault of the lipstick, it's just a personal preference. I prefer the traditional lipstick shape, with the shaped and angled tip. It's easier and faster to get clean lines and a defined lip shape with the traditional tip, and this one is a round shape, flat across the top, set into the tube at an angle. I'm not a fan of using a lip brush every time I apply this lippie or go to touch it up. But that's just my preference

I'd love to try the other shades, and I will be repurchasing until these are discontinued! worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I have #12, #14, #15, #16. #15 is way too pale, even for my younger sister who has pale skin (I am tanned) and not very pigmented pale pink lips. It still somehow managed to wash her lips out and make them look slightly white. On me this colour just comes up white because my natural lip colour is so much darker. #14 and #16 are beautiful, which reminds me, because I haven't used them in a while. #14 is a bit bright for me though, and my cap is slightly broken from dropping it once. #12 is also beautiful and stains the lip slightly. A gripe with this formula is that there is so much slip that it tends to move around the lips quite easily, so it's not a low maintenance lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Ryanne

BEST lippies!!! I want to have all the shades available! very moisturizing on the lips. colors are so gorgeous and the packaging makes you feel like a princess! such a lovely product!:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by buhsayd

I have this in #9 Nude in Private. The color is perfection. I didn't want to love it because it's pretty expensive but YSL just gets it. The color is a multi-faceted peachy pink (more peach than pink) with a hint of rose. It's not a wash-you-out pale nude. It's a MLBB shade that says "I'm in the best shape ever." I used to use Dior Addict in Tokyo religiously but that color is paler and more importantly dried out my lips horribly. I didn't know how drying it was until I tried this YSL lipstick. Rouge Volupte Shine is extremely hydrating and applies like silk. When I first tried it at Sephora, I had an "Ahhhh!" moment from how smooth it was compared to all the other lipsticks I had tried.

Now the negatives I do have to mention about this formula are the smell and the taste. The scent is very strong and artificial. Some people have said it smells like mango or tropical fruit, and it definitely smells exotic (not the usual hint of vanilla). But I find it unpleasant. Thankfully, it doesn't linger. What reeeeallllyy bothers me about this formula though is the taste. If you get it too close to the inner part of your lips and drink something, OMG it will taste like poison. I've never had this problem with other high end lipsticks. I don't expect them to taste good but I also don't expect them to taste like a concentrated form of cheap lipstick from the 80's where you get that strong chemical taste. For that reason, I can only wear nude colors that don't need to be applied on the inner lip.

The packaging can't be beat. I thoroughly enjoy taking it out of my bag and applying because the tube is SO pretty to look at. I will definitely continue buying this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is going to be a RAVE!!! This is by far my most favorite lipstick formula. It deeply hydrates my lips, does not feel heavy. The color range is great. It's everything I could ever ask for from a lipstick. Please, don't ever discontinue it!