Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is one of the best lip colors i've tried yet and i've tried many. buildable light-full coverage. pigmented. longlasting. gives a nice stain after it wears off. moisturizing. pretty packaging. nice melon scent. gorgeous range of shades. price is on the expensive side. but it's sooo worth it. i'm in love. definitely repurchasing.

This is a really nice product for anyone with normal lips. Unfortunately for me, I have very dry lips, and this isn't moisturizing enough.

Pros:
-beautiful packaging
-shiny gel-like application (definitely see the color, but still has some transparency) which makes it easy to wear/reapply
-smells kind of like watermelon (could also be a con)
-thin, non-sticky, lightweight formula
-fades nicely (leaves behind a nice stain)

Cons:
-not moisturizing enough for me

Love everything about this except for the drying part which unfortunately is a deal breaker for me. When I originally wear this, it feels balmy and nice, but eventually my lips start feeling parched and even when I reapply it just isn't comforting enough, and my lips feel like they need some TLC. I'm on the hunt for something similar but more moisturizing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got Pink in Paris (13) as a birthday present to myself because I wanted a high-end lipstick. It is beyond fantastic. I know now why these are so popular. The formulation is so creamy and buttery and silky, and they smell like mangos! It's a bit more glittery than I'd like my lipstick to normally be, and I find that it doesn't last more than a few hours because the formula is so buttery, but I am so in love with it! They're so luxurious and moisturizing, and the colour I got is perfect. It's the only lipstick I've been wearing since I got it a week ago and I think I'm addicted! I want them all now!

Also, can we talk about the packaging? How perfect is that packaging? It even looks luxurious. They're definitely a treat yo'self product, because we can't all afford to spend $40 (CDN) on a lipstick, but I will definitely be getting more of these in the future!

The smell. The taste of chemicals in your mouth. I simply cannot get past this! It is *awful.* I've had lipsticks with similar nauseating smells before, but with the addition of a profound chemical taste in my mouth? Never before. Total deal-breaker for me.

That said, here's what I liked:
--> formula performs like a dream: it's hard to articulate the way it applies with a firm boundary (not oily or "bleeding) and yet applies so effortlessly it seems as though it has no substance. It *looks* stunning! Oh, how I wish my first paragraph did not apply!
--> the color I got, 07, is *gorgeous*: to say it is "pink" would be a gross oversimplification, but let's start there. It's medium-ish in value, and has this perfect balance of blue in in. I feel unequal to the task of painting this picture: suffice it to say, it was stunning on my NC10 blue-red undertoned skin. Made my skin look porcelain, my teeth look white. So pretty.
--> Packaging is gorgeous - over the top, though - and certainly on par with the price.

In sum: I'm truly sad to return this, but there is no way I can wear it. I read the ingredients, and they scared me. I'm not a purist by any means, but anything that tastes like this stuff has no business being on my mouth. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although this lipstick is ridiculously expensive, it has quickly become my favourite. I have 5 colours now (5, 6, 12, 2, and 19). 6 (Pink In Devotion) is my go-to year-round and I'm on my second tube. In summer I love 12 (Coral Incandescent) or 5 (Fuchsia in Excess). 2 is reserved for fall/winter. (I have light neutral-cool skin, medium blonde hair, blue-grey eyes...).

The colours are bright/intense, but the product is slightly sheer (still pigmented) so, they are very wearable. The product is creamy and moisturizing. It's a breeze to apply (I use the top of the cap as a mirror). One to two swipes is all that's needed for a gorgeous pop of colour.

They leave a slightly glossy, satin finish. Because they are kind of like a balm (moisturizing and somewhat sheer) they don't last all day. But they do leave a mostly even stain as they wear off. And the tube is so gorgeous, and the feel is so nice going on, I never mind reapplying (which is easy to do at my desk or on the go, thanks to the mirrored cap-top).

I find these don't bleed or move around at all, I never need lip-liner with them. I also don't need a lip balm under them. Even when my lips are slightly rough (in fall/winter), these don't get caught up in the cracks - they make my lips look smooth and even.

I hate how pricey these are, but I will continue to repurchase. And a bonus - once you are done a tube, you can (carefully) pry the centre ring off the tube and wear it as a ring :-)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When you want to treat yourself ✨

Beautiful packaging!! I think that's what draws most people in, although the product itself is wonderful too. Feels super luxurious.
I purchased shade #14, which is a pretty coral/red shade. It applies like butter and is not too opaque, although one layer will be plenty. It feels light and moisturizing like a lipgloss more than lipstick. And the smell is AMAZING...very fruity, kind of like mangoes!
That said it is a bit pricey but I think we are paying for the brand name and packaging as much as the product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never thought i'd be buying a $55 lipstick, but here we are. This is my most coveted lipstick, it's so so beautiful. The packaging is what drew me in. But the colour is what made me stay. I have shade 1. Which is a beautiful sheer plummy brown with some sophisticated sparkle. It's the perfect work colour! It lasts about two hours on me without eating or drinking. It doesn't stain. It''s taste free, but it has a faint pleasant scent. Overall, I'd buy another in a heart beat and recommend all makeup lovers own one of these in their life time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have # 15 coral intuitive and this is my holy grail lipstick! I have been searching for my perfert pink nude shade and this gives my lips that perfect pinky coral pout. This can be worn with a smokey eye or if you dont want to wear makeup and just wear mascara with a hint of color on your lips. I love the texture on my lips not drying at all. My skin naturally looks tan with a yellow gold tone to it so the hint of coral in this lipstick looks like a nude pink on me. For example macs please me comes out purplish on me with a white pink cast around the outer edges....yeah its a beautiful color but does nothing for me. So i highly recommend this lipstick and the package is beautiful.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I get why this is so popular after owning #26. This range is glossy and sheer but buildable. It will not become opaque but #26 is a juicy, bright coral shade. If you are into the gradient lip trend, this is great because you can build up the intensity toward the centre of your lips.

At first i use a lipbalm under but my lips ended up looking greasy. This lipstick is so moisturizing that i do not need to use a lipbalm under, a first for me!!!

The scent is a bright, happy, fruity smell, brightens anyone's day. However it does not seem to suit the glamorous packaging.

I would love to get more, this is fantastic!!!

Recommended for Medium Skin