April 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Styling Products - Miss Jessie's - Original Curly Pudding

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have low porosity, color treated, fine hair. This product has protein. It defines my curls well but dried them out and made it crunchy. The curls looked nice, but felt iffy...eh not sure I'd repurchase; it was just ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this product. My hair is not only medium in texture and thickness, it is also incredibly frizzy. So frizzy that if I don't use any products in my hair, I won't have any curls to speak of - it's just a big, ridiculous pouf. So when I look for products that will tame my curly hair, it's hard to find that perfect balance between something that will adequately take care of the frizz, but won't weigh the curls down to the point where they become waves. This cream does all that AND it doesn't leave an obscene amount of filmy build up, which blows my mind. I can run my hands through my hair and not feel the need to make a beeline for the nearest sink to wash my hands. That's not to say it doesn't leave SOME residue, but not to the point where your hands feel gross and sticky. It has a nice fruity smell that always gets me tons of compliments, but it can be a little powerful. So if you're not into the scented stuff, they have the unscented variety. For the best results I use it along with my Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner (another essential/staple of mine).

If you have wild, curly hair with a mind of its own similar to mine, this product is definitely worth a try. It is pricey, but it comes in 2, 8 &16oz. tubs, so try the smaller size first to make sure it works for you.