October 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Purely Age-Defying Ultra Firm and Lift Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Revenue

I have mixed feelings about this cream.
Texture is thick and kinda sticky. It does sink into the skin nicely but even though it's rich - I didn't feel it hydrated or nourished my skin. It left my combination skin matte, but not in a good way - it took away that natural healthy glow.
It did minimize small wrinkles and made skin slightly more firm, but my skin still looked dull because of the problem mentioned above (lack of healthy glow) and that killed the anti ageing effect.
Scent is totally discrete, barely noticeable. I don't know how to describe it - it is a herbal scent but not really floral imo (some people here said it smells like roses but I couldn't smell that). It's neither pleasant or unpleasant, the best word to describe it would be neutral.
You deffinitely won't feel the scent once you rub the cream into your face because it's really weak, which is a good thing for people who don't like strong scents.
I was also really suprised how small the jar is, it looked tiny next to my other moisturizers that also came in the glass jars so it was hard to believe there's the same amount of cream inside. I wouldn't say this jar looks luxurious, but I still kinda like the cute and natural design.

Overall - this cream didn't do any harm to my skin, but it didn't make it look better either so I'm giving it 3/5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

great scent, it smells of rose, like many of jurlique products. this cream is medium texture and not too thick to feel like it is clogging the pores. it is hydrating. i dont know about the anti aging part, i dont see any difference so far. it is pricey but the jar is large and it lasts a long time. it is a nice cream to use, not sure if it works, i hope at least it is prevention any further fine lines. for very dry skin, just add face oil before this cream, jurlique face oil is quite nice. i wish it wasnt a jar container which could go off easily and get contaminated.
the tub jar is not ver hygienic and shorter shelf life which are the minuses.

2 jars down and still no change in the texture. it is not a fixer but more of a maintenance lotion to have. i prefer the herbal one , it is thicker.

ingredients:
Aqua (Water)/Eau, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoglycerides, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Viola odorata (Sweet Violet) Flower Extract, Viola tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Trifolium pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Arctium lappa Root Extract, Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract, Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) Root Extract, Usnea barbata (Lichen) Extract, Echinacea purpurea Extract, Terminalia ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Fagus sylvatica Bud Extract, Vigna aconitifolia Seed Extract, Cichorium intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Anogeissus leiocarpus Bark Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance/Parfum*, Tocopheryl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-A (Alcohol Denat.), Totarol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Eugenol*, Citronellol*, Limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

great scent, it smells of rose, like many of jurlique products. this cream is thick and rich, perfect for dry skin. i dont know about the anti aging part, i dont see any difference so far. it is pricey but the jar is large and it lasts a long time. it is a nice cream to use, not sure if it works, i hope at least it is prevention any further fine lines.
ingredients:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly surprised by this cream. I wanted to try something new for the winter months and since I go through a jar of cream so fast, I wanted to get something that contained more than an oz...which is the average size of a moisturizing cream. this is a 1.7 oz jar and it is $88 I believe. It is pretty rich and emollient that goes on easily, I first massage it into my face and neck and then gently press it into the skin after. I have used half jar already and I can agree that this does excellent job in moisturizing and hydration. I can tell that this does not just sit on the skin but actually absorbs in nicely. This cream claims to give anti-ageing (reducing lines, wrinkles and lifts) and firming benefits...but i dont notice this too much. it has a pleasant spa-like scent which I like and it comes in a glass jar which is also nice. It is a great cream to try in the winter months if you like Creme De La Mer type of creams!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I got a decent sized sample of this at Sephora a while ago and I just got around to using it up. At my age (21), this isn't the kind of moisturizer I would typically go for, but I did think it was pretty nice. The consistency was pretty thin, so it sunk into my skin quickly and didn't leave me looking greasy or feeling sticky. It has a nice lemony-rose scent which is very light; you really cannot smell it after it is applied. I can't say if it really firmed my skin, but I liked that it helped moisturizer the few dry patches I have on my face and that it didn't break me out at all. Overall, this was nice, but at $70 for a full-size jar, I will not be purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mimihoco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this cream for a few months now, and I do feel and see the difference. When I wake up I feel my skin soft, hydrated and plump, a great condition for make up and I often skip the primer. The scent is pleasant but not overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's taken about three weeks for me to see the first results from using Jurlique every day. I have lots of creping skin under my eyes. I thought when I first got Jurlique that it would be like lots of other expensive creams...all hype, no results. I faithfully applied it by warming the cream between my fingers first and then pressing it onto my skin. My fine lines have started to disappear and my thin skin has surprisingly thickened up. I plan to take a few weeks off from Jurlique when I finish my first tube. I want to see if the results last. If so, I will gladly repurchase.

UPDATE: I used copius amounts of Jurlique and the result was amazing. But when I stopped usage, the results were gone. I'm so sad b/c I thought I had discovered the HG of anti-aging undereye products. My rating is going from 5 to 3, b/c of the short term nature of the results.