October 1, 2014 | 1122 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick - Happy Honey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the idea of this lipstick. Kind of a balm, moisturizer and color in one tube. I love how they look in the tube...very funky! Happy Honey gives me a very moisturized nude look, which is flattering on my medium pigmented lips. I can't say it plumps, but they definitely feel and look more moisturized and plumper. Like most other balm type lippes, this doesn't last forever, but it's easy enough to reapply. The color is mostly in the core and while you can apply these like regularly pigmented lipsticks, the best method (IMO) is to apply like a balm, and just squeeze your lips together, or apply and use a finger to even out like you would a pot gloss. I like the way it makes my lips feel. This color is not terribly pigmented, so if you want a bolder look, just add a lip pencil before application. The only con is the limited selection of colors. Most of the others are very bright. I was looking for a natural/nude color, and this is perfect. It actually does give the impression of honey on the lips. Very cool.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors are beautiful on, they appear exactly on lips as in the tube and look glossy.

It would be the perfect lipstick except
it doesn't last past 1 hour. And a bit drying.

For $22 a pop I expected more. I will return them. If you don't mind re-applying so much go for it. Color happy honey is perfect natural.

I also was not feeling the color core, and oil outer, should be the other way around.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

QVC were selling these lipsticks in sets of two, Playful Pink and Happy Honey were the two I purchased. This lipstick is advertised as being hydrating and like a treatment for your lips. However, my cracked and parched lips did not react well to this. I noticed no hydrating effects at all, my Burt's Bees lipbalm makes my lips feel much better than this lipstick. It is a novel idea, a clear layer of solid argan oil around a core of color. But it isn't what I expected. The lipstick color cannot be applied precisely as the clear outer coating prevents the color core reaching the edges of your lips. This lipstick also leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. The Happy Honey color is a lot more flattering on my skin that the Playful Pink, it is a nude toned pink, very shiny and easy to wear. However the same problems apply to this color as they do to the Pink. The packaging is lovely but this product concept was just not thought through before it was sold to the public. If the formula were improved and the color range increased then I would purchase this again. I have to reapply every 30 minutes in order for my lips to feel anything remotely hydrating. Not worth the money unfortunately. I have noticed that QVC have taken this off sale probably due to all the negative reviews. I gave this a 2 out of 5 purely for the color, not the formula.