April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick - Happy Honey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

QVC were selling these lipsticks in sets of two, Playful Pink and Happy Honey were the two I purchased. This lipstick is advertised as being hydrating and like a treatment for your lips. However, my cracked and parched lips did not react well to this. I noticed no hydrating effects at all, my Burt's Bees lipbalm makes my lips feel much better than this lipstick. It is a novel idea, a clear layer of solid argan oil around a core of color. But it isn't what I expected. The lipstick color cannot be applied precisely as the clear outer coating prevents the color core reaching the edges of your lips. This lipstick also leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. The Happy Honey color is a lot more flattering on my skin that the Playful Pink, it is a nude toned pink, very shiny and easy to wear. However the same problems apply to this color as they do to the Pink. The packaging is lovely but this product concept was just not thought through before it was sold to the public. If the formula were improved and the color range increased then I would purchase this again. I have to reapply every 30 minutes in order for my lips to feel anything remotely hydrating. Not worth the money unfortunately. I have noticed that QVC have taken this off sale probably due to all the negative reviews. I gave this a 2 out of 5 purely for the color, not the formula.