Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick - Happy Honey

2.7

on 4/20/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if it's just me but anytime I try to wear a lip formula like this, it ALWAYS looks like I just rubbed tinted Vaseline on my lips. Which isn't a good thing for me because it's not flattering at all. The color isn't splotchy on the lips and happy honey really is a beautiful color but I can't justify the price of this when I can make my own tinted moisturizing balm at home! The wear of course isn't long but I already expected that. It is very moisturizing though so that was nice.

on 4/9/2015 12:07:00 AM

I love the concept of the lipstick: pretty color with the hydration of argan oil. However, it just didn't work for me. Pros: great colors, glossy finish, initially feels great on the lips. Cons: expensive, not long wearing at all, eventually dries out my lips, the ratio of lip color to outer balm seems off (maybe reverse it). I was constantly trying to get more color on lips that my lipstick eventually became U shaped and I had to slice off some of the argan outside to even out my bullet. Although I love that this is a greener option with good ingredients, I'd rather buy lipstick from Bite Beauty which also has good ingredients but with better pigmentation and wear.

on 4/8/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

sounded cool when i bought it but after trying it i've come to the conclusion that it's kind of lame. the gel part around the color center tends to wear down at a slower rate than the middle which means half of the time you're just spreading clear gloss across your lips. and the color only being in the center means precise application isn't even an option. it didn't seem particularly hydrating and wore off pretty fast. i wasn't too impressed.

on 1/22/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick. It is seriously my holy grail lipstick. The color is perfection- tint is just right that it works with whatever color you're wearing (on your eyes or your clothes). Super hydrating. I have very very dry skin, and this feels like a balm, but colors like a lipstick. The moisturizing outer part fills in all of the cracks and dry creases in your lips so that the inner color part goes on smooth as silk. Even in the winter, i haven't needed to exfoliate my lips nearly as often as i usually do because this lipstick looks so great even when your skin is super dry. Love love love. The only thing that could make this lipstick better is if they offered it in more/better colors. It's only made in approx 5 or 6 colors and all of them are incredibly ugly with the exception of happy honey. Happy honey is my HG desert island lipstick though. And if Josie Maran would improve the color offerings, I'd get every other color too.

on 9/4/2014 2:00:00 AM

I love the idea of this lipstick. Kind of a balm, moisturizer and color in one tube. I love how they look in the tube...very funky! Happy Honey gives me a very moisturized nude look, which is flattering on my medium pigmented lips. I can't say it plumps, but they definitely feel and look more moisturized and plumper. Like most other balm type lippes, this doesn't last forever, but it's easy enough to reapply. The color is mostly in the core and while you can apply these like regularly pigmented lipsticks, the best method (IMO) is to apply like a balm, and just squeeze your lips together, or apply and use a finger to even out like you would a pot gloss. I like the way it makes my lips feel. This color is not terribly pigmented, so if you want a bolder look, just add a lip pencil before application. The only con is the limited selection of colors. Most of the others are very bright. I was looking for a natural/nude color, and this is perfect. It actually does give the impression of honey on the lips. Very cool.

on 5/25/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The colors are beautiful on, they appear exactly on lips as in the tube and look glossy.

It would be the perfect lipstick except
it doesn't last past 1 hour. And a bit drying.

For $22 a pop I expected more. I will return them. If you don't mind re-applying so much go for it. Color happy honey is perfect natural.

I also was not feeling the color core, and oil outer, should be the other way around.

on 2/25/2013 11:23:00 AM

QVC were selling these lipsticks in sets of two, Playful Pink and Happy Honey were the two I purchased. This lipstick is advertised as being hydrating and like a treatment for your lips. However, my cracked and parched lips did not react well to this. I noticed no hydrating effects at all, my Burt's Bees lipbalm makes my lips feel much better than this lipstick. It is a novel idea, a clear layer of solid argan oil around a core of color. But it isn't what I expected. The lipstick color cannot be applied precisely as the clear outer coating prevents the color core reaching the edges of your lips. This lipstick also leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. The Happy Honey color is a lot more flattering on my skin that the Playful Pink, it is a nude toned pink, very shiny and easy to wear. However the same problems apply to this color as they do to the Pink. The packaging is lovely but this product concept was just not thought through before it was sold to the public. If the formula were improved and the color range increased then I would purchase this again. I have to reapply every 30 minutes in order for my lips to feel anything remotely hydrating. Not worth the money unfortunately. I have noticed that QVC have taken this off sale probably due to all the negative reviews. I gave this a 2 out of 5 purely for the color, not the formula.

Popular Lipsticks