November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lipstick - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick - Playful Pink

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i kind of like this so far. it does feel moisturizing going on, it looks cool and it leaves a pretty flush on my lips. it doesn't seem to last that long, but i enjoy applying it. i'd say try it at sephora first because i've seen quite a few bad reviews. for the record, the clear gel around the color is not too hard on mine.

i'm not sure i'd buy again, because i love trying new things and i don't love ths taying power, but we'll see.

EDIT: yeah, won't buy again. this feels nice going on but my lips feel drier and almost a bit sticky like 10 minutes later. not worth it IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy for me...and it's pretty nice. It feels so hydrating on my lips, and the color I bought, Playful Pink, is a nice medium pink for my fair skin. Don't know that I'd repurchase though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

QVC were selling these lipsticks in sets of two, Playful Pink and Happy Honey were the two I purchased. This lipstick is advertised as being hydrating and like a treatment for your lips. However, my cracked and parched lips did not react well to this. I noticed no hydrating effects at all, my Burt's Bees lipbalm makes my lips feel much better than this lipstick. It is a novel idea, a clear layer of solid argan oil around a core of color. But it isn't what I expected. The lipstick color cannot be applied precisely as the clear outer coating prevents the color core reaching the edges of your lips. This lipstick also leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. The color itself is a very bright pink which is not flattering on my pale skin. However, the clear coating does water this down a little so it is more wearable. The packaging is lovely but this product concept was just not thought through before it was sold to the public. If the formula were improved and the color range increased then I would purchase this again. As it is, this color is not right on my skin and the formula does nothing. I have to reapply every 30 minutes in order for my lips to feel anything remotely hydrating. Not worth the money unfortunately. I have noticed that QVC have taken this off sale probably due to all the negative reviews.