Badger Badger Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil

4.8

Not tested on animals

*Jojoba Oil, *Baobab Oil, *Pomegranate Oil, Essential Oils of *Lavender, *Rose Otto, and *Roman Chamomile, and CO2 Extracts of *Rosa Canina (Rosehip), *Seabuckthorn, and *Calendula. *= Certified Organic

on 3/30/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this oil. Its called a rose oil but I get a really strong whiff of chamomile which I find quite pleasant. It's the first time I've used an oil on my face and I've been using it for 2 weeks. I was previously using a BHA gel, Estee Lauder's ANR serum and then my Clarins night cream. Since I've discovered this oil, I've stopped buying the gel and the serum and now I'm thinking of droppping the night cream. Yes really! I find that for me, this oil is best applied as a tiny drop or two to damp skin at night. In the morning my face looks incredibly even and calm and well...like its breathing and not smothered in products. My skin's texture is just so much more refined and looks far more balanced than the crazy t-zone I had before. I don't have any wrinkles yet but my skin looks and feels incredibly satiny smooth. Its shifting from summer to autumn where I live and I find that the oil alone is sufficient as a night time treatment. I notice that if I attempt to slather on some extra night cream over my face after applying the oil, I wake up with a zit. Yes even if I wait for the oil to absorb first. I believe that this may change as the weather gets icy cold and the extra moisture is required. Price wise, this is dirt cheap compared to the hundreds I was paying in high-end skin care products. Its a really economical and eco-friendly way to maintain your skin and still get excellent results. I would recommend that if you have dry or mature skin to use a moisturiser over this oil. However I think oily and combo skin can still benefit from using the oil alone at night. I don't recommend using this oil during the day unless you're wearing a sunscreen. Packaging - I like the pump method. However with it being an oil and prone to getting to rancid, I would have preferred a tinted bottle rather than the clear one its usually packaged in. Its possible that Badger doesn't think the tinted glass is required since its packaged in a box. In conclusion, I may end up buying this oil again. We have some awesome local eco-friendly skincare brands here in South Africa and I'd love to try them as well before I commit myself to Badger.

on 2/2/2015 10:06:00 AM

I love love love this product. It is so lovely to apply, a real sensual experience: it feels and smells amazing going on, and turns your skin into velvet rose petals. The ingredients are very nourishing to skin, sourced organically etc etc.

I have naturally oily skin and use a lot of oils in my skin care for clarity and balance. I use this as my nighttime moisturizer (I use it in the morning too, but only a few drops mixed in with a traditional moisturizer) and have never experienced increased oil production, breakouts, or ANYTHING other than clear, glowy, hydrated skin. And I paid like $13 for it on Amazon. And it'll last forever. Provides a nice base for mineral foundation too -- I don't know why...but it does.

I've tried a lot of facial oils, from homemade mixes to higher-end Dr. Hauschka and I think this Badger oil is the most bang for your buck. It's only a little bit more $$$ than creating your own and the results have been on par with more expensive products. This combined with Andalou products and mandelic acid have given me the best skin of my life, no joke! I'm majorly acne prone, too.

The packaging is cute and fairly secure for an oil, which is hardly ever the case.

on 10/26/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. The smell is amazing and my skin has never looked better. It is absolutely heavenly.

on 7/14/2014 3:55:00 PM

OMG, I love this stuff. This is my favorite product ever! I have combination skin and practically everything breaks me out so I was leery to try an oil on my skin. This lovely rose-scented oil does not clog my pores, is hydrating and soothing to my combination skin. I use this twice a day on my face, neck and hands, one pump is all I need applied to damp skin. I cannot believe how much better my skin looks and feels now that I am finally getting a layer of moisture on top. I like the simple ingredients, no preservatives, the hygenic pump glass bottle and easy-on-the wallet price tag. And, Badger uses real essential oils of rose, chamomile and lavender, all of which are beneficial to the skin. No fake fragrance in this bottle, just a light rose herbal scent. Nice, nice, nice! Wish there were more products like this available.

on 6/29/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm a big fan of face oils (my favorite being Dr.Alkaitis) but most are super pricey......until now. This antioxidant face oil is amazing! It smells really nice. Not completely rose. More like a mix of herbal and floral. It absorbs nicely into my dry skin without leaving me looking shiny. Super moisturizing while not clogging pores. I use it day and night (under the matching Damascus Beauty Balm at night). When I wake up in the morning my skin looks better (can't really explain it). Kinda like my skin is getting more circulation or something? IDK. I'm reeeeeally happy that I discovered this product. It's so good.

on 5/8/2014 2:52:00 PM

I love this product! I have combination skin that is starting to age. This product smells lovely, if you like the smell of roses. The product does stay oily on the face for a while but eventually soaks in. It does not aggravate my acne and it makes my skin feel supple. I apply it at night and day. I use it with my Dermawand. I have stopped buying moisturizers because I don't need them when I use this. I like that I am not applying a bunch of chemicals to my face.

on 12/27/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm so sad that I have to write this review. I got this several months ago. After 1 night of use, my skin broke out. I was going thru some diet changes so I wasn't sure that this was to blame. But after trying at least 6 times, it's definitely this product that is breaking me out. NOOOO!!!! This is so pretty. I loved using it. One pump is enough to cover face & neck. Only $12 on iHerb. IDK if I want to part with it. I know I should pass it on but I am holding out hope that one day it will work for me

UPDATE: And that day came! I realized that my breakouts were because I had been skipping my daily glass of hot water with lemon. So I started doing that again & my breakouts stopped. I tentatively started using this again & it's been working perfectly. I finished the bottle & am pondering ordering another one (or I might splurge & get the Pai Rosehip Oil).

on 8/30/2013 12:20:00 PM

It is too unfortunate many people dont know about Badger and its face oil. I happened to know about this brand in search of safe sunscreen for my 2 year old and newborn baby. I really liked their sunscreens and found out most of their products are certified organic and 100% natural. I looked at the ingredients of this face oil and couldnt belive it was sold at around 10 dollars! Nothing to lose! I been trying it every night before I go to bed...I have pretty good complexion but recently due to lack of sleep to feed my newborn, my face lost its radiance and was getting dull and rough. I put on the oil last night for the first time and I was really really amazed that I woke up this morning with significantly brighter and softer skin just overnight! Just one time application got me this dramatic result!!! I know its too soon to make conclusion but i am positive this will continue to please me. By the way I have fairly dry skin and I dont find this to be too oily or sticky or greasy...just perfect texture for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this for over a month and had seen great result. I use this at night as my moisturizer. My skin is plump, bouncy and smooth like a baby-butt, but is not oily when I wake up the next morning, unlike many other moisturizer i tried before. I had tried 2 methods of application. One is pump it into my hand, rub it lightly and patt it all over my face. The second method is I spray a little toner on a cotton pad, then pump 1 pump of oil on the cotton pad and smear it all over my face. I find the second method better suited for me. Somehow the first method break me out a little. I conclude that maybe when i rub my hand together, dead skin cells in my hand got mix with the oil and clog my pore when i pat it on my face.
Oh, did I mentioned that the aroma is to die for? I find the chamomile is the strongest which I don't mind since I love the smell. The oils are organic certified and they are great, mid-range price oil as well. Unlike a lot of pricier facial oil I see on the market that has a very cheap oil as the first ingredient, Jojoba, Pomegranate and Baobab are all excellent non pore clogging, high antioxidant oil. Helichyrsum and Rosehip CO2 are great healing scars, Seabuckthorn are exotic and contain a high level of palmitoleic acid, which is found in our skin and a great anti-macrobial part of our sebum.
If you are used to facial oil, you'll realize that this oil absorb pretty fast and dry. But if you have oily skin and not use to facial oil, then you might find this oilier than expected.

on 5/30/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I took a risk with this because I am very acne prone and have always been taught that face oil was a huge no-no. Also, I was worried about the addition of lavender since I had always heard that it was an irritant. Well, was I surprised! After using this about three times a week for about three months I can say with certainty that 1.) I have not had any breakouts, and 2.) my skin texture has gone to another level. While part of this can be attributed to my use of the Clarisonic, the Clarisonic is a cleanser. I am certain that this has played a major role in my skin looking plumper and feeling softer than ever. I'll be repurchasing this, and trying the pure argan oil as well.

Popular Moisturizers