August 1, 2014 | 1700 users online

Moisturizers - Badger - Badger Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG, I love this stuff. This is my favorite product ever! I have combination skin and practically everything breaks me out so I was leery to try an oil on my skin. This lovely rose-scented oil does not clog my pores, is hydrating and soothing to my combination skin. I use this twice a day on my face, neck and hands, one pump is all I need applied to damp skin. I cannot believe how much better my skin looks and feels now that I am finally getting a layer of moisture on top. I like the simple ingredients, no preservatives, the hygenic pump glass bottle and easy-on-the wallet price tag. And, Badger uses real essential oils of rose, chamomile and lavender, all of which are beneficial to the skin. No fake fragrance in this bottle, just a light rose herbal scent. Nice, nice, nice! Wish there were more products like this available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a big fan of face oils (my favorite being Dr.Alkaitis) but most are super pricey......until now. This antioxidant face oil is amazing! It smells really nice. Not completely rose. More like a mix of herbal and floral. It absorbs nicely into my dry skin without leaving me looking shiny. Super moisturizing while not clogging pores. I use it day and night (under the matching Damascus Beauty Balm at night). When I wake up in the morning my skin looks better (can't really explain it). Kinda like my skin is getting more circulation or something? IDK. I'm reeeeeally happy that I discovered this product. It's so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Bussy

I love this product! I have combination skin that is starting to age. This product smells lovely, if you like the smell of roses. The product does stay oily on the face for a while but eventually soaks in. It does not aggravate my acne and it makes my skin feel supple. I apply it at night and day. I use it with my Dermawand. I have stopped buying moisturizers because I don't need them when I use this. I like that I am not applying a bunch of chemicals to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about six months ago. I've used it every day and I can only thank my lucky stars that I found this product when I did. It has served as a daily moisturizer for me during these cold months and now that it's getting warm I've switched to using it at night. I can't go a day without it because I feel like my skin would dry up like a prune otherwise. The smell is great the texture melts into my skin. I truly feel this is a anti-aging product.

update 7/14 - gave it one more star from 4 to 5. It's a perfect nourishing oil if you find yourself needing some TLC. No need to look further, it will calm your skin and relax you at the same time from the awesome aroma. I'm on my second bottle, the first one took about 6 mo to use up and that's with daily use. Luckyvitamin and Iherb are great sites to order from.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so sad that I have to write this review. I got this several months ago. After 1 night of use, my skin broke out. I was going thru some diet changes so I wasn't sure that this was to blame. But after trying at least 6 times, it's definitely this product that is breaking me out. NOOOO!!!! This is so pretty. I loved using it. One pump is enough to cover face & neck. Only $12 on iHerb. IDK if I want to part with it. I know I should pass it on but I am holding out hope that one day it will work for me

UPDATE: And that day came! I realized that my breakouts were because I had been skipping my daily glass of hot water with lemon. So I started doing that again & my breakouts stopped. I tentatively started using this again & it's been working perfectly. I finished the bottle & am pondering ordering another one (or I might splurge & get the Pai Rosehip Oil).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hinakong

It is too unfortunate many people dont know about Badger and its face oil. I happened to know about this brand in search of safe sunscreen for my 2 year old and newborn baby. I really liked their sunscreens and found out most of their products are certified organic and 100% natural. I looked at the ingredients of this face oil and couldnt belive it was sold at around 10 dollars! Nothing to lose! I been trying it every night before I go to bed...I have pretty good complexion but recently due to lack of sleep to feed my newborn, my face lost its radiance and was getting dull and rough. I put on the oil last night for the first time and I was really really amazed that I woke up this morning with significantly brighter and softer skin just overnight! Just one time application got me this dramatic result!!! I know its too soon to make conclusion but i am positive this will continue to please me. By the way I have fairly dry skin and I dont find this to be too oily or sticky or greasy...just perfect texture for me!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this for over a month and had seen great result. I use this at night as my moisturizer. My skin is plump, bouncy and smooth like a baby-butt, but is not oily when I wake up the next morning, unlike many other moisturizer i tried before. I had tried 2 methods of application. One is pump it into my hand, rub it lightly and patt it all over my face. The second method is I spray a little toner on a cotton pad, then pump 1 pump of oil on the cotton pad and smear it all over my face. I find the second method better suited for me. Somehow the first method break me out a little. I conclude that maybe when i rub my hand together, dead skin cells in my hand got mix with the oil and clog my pore when i pat it on my face.
Oh, did I mentioned that the aroma is to die for? I find the chamomile is the strongest which I don't mind since I love the smell. The oils are organic certified and they are great, mid-range price oil as well. Unlike a lot of pricier facial oil I see on the market that has a very cheap oil as the first ingredient, Jojoba, Pomegranate and Baobab are all excellent non pore clogging, high antioxidant oil. Helichyrsum and Rosehip CO2 are great healing scars, Seabuckthorn are exotic and contain a high level of palmitoleic acid, which is found in our skin and a great anti-macrobial part of our sebum.
If you are used to facial oil, you'll realize that this oil absorb pretty fast and dry. But if you have oily skin and not use to facial oil, then you might find this oilier than expected.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a risk with this because I am very acne prone and have always been taught that face oil was a huge no-no. Also, I was worried about the addition of lavender since I had always heard that it was an irritant. Well, was I surprised! After using this about three times a week for about three months I can say with certainty that 1.) I have not had any breakouts, and 2.) my skin texture has gone to another level. While part of this can be attributed to my use of the Clarisonic, the Clarisonic is a cleanser. I am certain that this has played a major role in my skin looking plumper and feeling softer than ever. I'll be repurchasing this, and trying the pure argan oil as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this at my local Raley's store (in Calif) for $10.99 for 1oz

There is a body oil with basically the same ingredients, but in a different order. This is $24.99 for 4oz

There is also a balm and sunscreen in this line. I think the SS was a low SPF of 16 so I passed.

I do like these oils. I'm dry and sensitive. I've been using this on a damp face after a spray of toner or mixing with my SS. The oil is a little thick.

I used to use Burts Bees Ageless Serum, which I really like too, but I think is discontinued.

I think there is a lot of Seabuckthorn oil in this, based on the strong orange color, but that is what makes it soothing to sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by SixSidesonNorthBay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Grey, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product on a whim and am I ever glad that I did! I have been a consistent user of Decleor Aromessence Iris and Decleor Aromessence Excellence 100% Natural and Essential Oils for years and they are quite expensive, even while purchasing them in the professional 1.69 oz/50 ml sizes as opposed to the retail .5 oz/15 ml sizes. I have also been a dedicated user of Nuxe Dry Oil for times when a lighter consistency would suffice. The Badger Damascus Rose Face Oil is almost identical in consistency and aroma to the Decleor. The viscosity is a tad bit heavier/thicker but it is absorbed into freshly cleansed skin within a few moments and leaves my skin hydrated and smooth with no oily residue and the aroma dissipates as well.

I have tested applying various foundation mediums (Clarins Mousse, Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1, Graftobian HD Creme, Ben Nye HD Sheer, Almay Smart Shade Mousse, Revlon Colorstay Whipped) without adverse effect on any of them. No shifting, creeping, settling issues or color change. It also did not affect the application of under-eye concealer either. One of my issues is rather crepey under-eyes and, as you all are aware, concealers and foundation can be a toughie with this condition. Neither foundation nor concealer shifted or settled in my undereye area after this oil had been applied. Actually, the application went smoother and the appearance remained much fresher for several hours.

After several days of consistent use twice a day, I did not experience any irritation or adverse affects whatsoever and I would strongly recommend trying this product.

This is available in both a 1 and 4 oz glass pump bottle and one pump dispensed into the palm of the hand is more than sufficient for application to the entire face and throat.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No