April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Color Statement - Nude Creme

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am glad I waited to review this lipstick. When I first bought it I wasn't impressed with the colour, it seemed too dark of a nude on me so I shelved it. Since we have just had summer here in NZ I thought I would try it out again as my staple Revlon Soft Nude was washing me out. With my slightly more tan skin this looks perfect! It is a pink nude, more pinky then nude I would say. Very pretty and girly. It smells like watermelons - yum! And it is moisturizing and lasts well. I usually apply a gloss over my lippies but I don't feel I need to with this, it already has a nice slight sheen to it and doesn't dry out. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been buying lipsticks for years and this is the first nude lipstick that has been flattering to my light-medium warm complexion. The others have been too beige, made teeth look yellow, too orange or too brown. This is just the perfect shade and I can't believe I found it in the drugstore! A must-try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a pink-nude, not peach as some have described. Its a very neutral pink-nude though, so it is wearable by anyone. I am NW20 and it looks great on me and stays put for well over 10 hours, I tested it lol. It's a creme but it feels matte after about 4 hours.

Love the smell and formula and I would buy this again. No shimmer and very opaque. One swipe and you get full color which is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the name of this lipstick is really misleading. It's not a nude at all. It's a light peachy color that's prefect and gorgeous. When I don't know what to wear, I put this on. It's akin to a MAC creamsheen lipstick in finish and texture. I do wish the packaging wasn't so dated looking. They really need to update their packaging. I think this shade might be kind of similar to MAC kinda sexy but not matte and maybe a little lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg! So glad I hunted this lippie down! I have been on a mad woman hunt for nude lipsticks. First Dior discontinued Cashmere Beige so many years ago. Then Avon did away with their Sheer Naturale. I'm not gonna lie, it's been fun shopping for new lipsticks! But this particular shade was so hard to find! Walgreens didn't have it, the CVS was out of stock, and so was Walmart! I finally went one town over, and I couldn't believe they had two left!!!! I was soooooo excited I think I let out a funny high-pitched squeal and the girl next to me glanced up like I was nuts! Out of the two, one wasn't swatched. It was meant to be!

I rushed home, removed my current nude lipstick, and swiped it on. Stepped back and admired. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the color was and how it suited my very fair, neutral-golden undertones! I did apply a lip balm underneath because my lips are always so chapped, and this applied over it like a dream! The color is a very natural nude and looks like a pinky peach on my lips! Definitely just makes me look polished and not washed out:). Yay!

The case is so pretty and looks like I purchased it from a department store. Sleek, glossy, gold, and doesn't feel cheap! Usually drugstore lipstick that look nice end up feeling chintzy when you hold them. Not this! I feel glamorous when I apply it!

This Milani brand is amazing and so affordable! At CVS it was under $6 bucks and they were running a BOGO 50% off so I also picked up Fruit Punch today but haven't tried it. I also own Flamingo Pose and love it! So far it hasn't dried out my lips and this is such an easy color to wear... an every day nude! It looks similar to my HG Femme couture! Just has a nicer case and has more product... Maybe this will end up replacing my current HG nude lippie!

There is a fruity watermelon scent that you will love or hate (I love it!) I'm very sensitive to fragrances but this doesn't bother me at all. I hope Milani never discontinues this shade! And their new case is so pretty! It really is eye catching and that's why I love displaying them on my vanity! I hope they come out with a nude with a slight shimmer as well (lighter than dulce Caramelo please... that one pulls too brown on me!) What a well done revamped line of lipsticks... Bravo Milani:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

I'm an NC30 and this does not look like a nude pink at all! It's like a pink that is not light enough to be a nude but not dark enough to be a MLBB colour(??) And this smells just like watermelon flavoured gum.. not my cup of tea. However, I do like the formula - good colour payoff, glides on smoothly and is not drying. The packaging looks really high-end which is definitely a plus! I do like the cream finish and the formula so I'm giving a 5 stars! However, this is NOT a nude, so keep that in mind( at least for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

reallllly pretttty nude pink peachy color. got it on sale for 3$ amaaazing ! i have a light medium complextion burgundy hair and on me it looks like a really pretty light nude pink but a little peachy . i really like it. i want to buy another alreadyyy. it does have a bit of a plasticy smellll. but it has a fruity one too. not the best together. formula is nice but i suggest you put some lip balm underneath. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is an okay lipstick formula, and a great shade for some skin tones - I think medium NC tones will love this. It is a warmish, light terracotta pink-peach-nude. I see alot of popular reviews as saying this is the perfect nude for NC30s.

That being said, I feel like this lipstick was "so close yet so far" for me. I like how it brightened up my face and looked like a more natural nude than some of the lighter, darker, and browner nudes look on me. It also does not swing pink, as many do. However, this is not my perfect nude :/ It is slightly too dark and too warm.

Not to mention, the formula is a bit annoying. It has a fragrance that is somewhat strong and cloying, and a matte-ish texture and finish. Feels slightly drying.

All in all, I think this will be an HG drugstore product for some. Just not me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reading all these great reviews and realizing that I'm alone in hating this product. For me, this is such a spectacular miss that it's second in horrendousness only to that truly awful Kate Moss lipstick Rimmel did. Maybe I got a bum tube? Anyway, the color is the only nice thing about it. It's a nice sort of peachy pink that most people could probably pull of pretty well. But the formula...Good lord, the formula sucks. I can't make it work with or without gloss or balm over or under it. This lipstick sort of separates on me once it gets on my lips. It also highlights any and all dry patches you may have. This one is a big fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by pyrenees14

This is a great color! Sort of a pinky peach, it looks natural and would be good for all skin tones I think. It has a weird smell though. It's hard to describe, kinda a waxy smell but fruity too. The smell doesn't linger on your lips though, only in the tube. The texture is smooth and creamy, and it easily glides on your lips.