August 28, 2014 | 1152 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Color Statement - Nude Creme

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Dang I found an exact Dupe to Clinque's chubby curviest Caramel. This is a pink/peachy tone nude I think leans one way or another depending on your skin tone. on me it's a little more pink and I'm a neutral that leans cool. It is a cream and goes on very easy and smooth. BUT If you do have dry flaky lips this will cake because of the heavier formula. If you are looking for a comparison of how peachy/pink it is. If you like Loreal's fairest nude this is peachier than that and it is pinker than stormy Sahara from the maybelline buff line. I was surprised and happy to see this dupe. I'm going to use this for a while to see if it compares to my Clinque chubby stick and I may switch to it for the price. I like all of the Milani's that I have tried from this line so far. BIG thumbs up from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really love the color but I have really big lips and it accentuates every little line on my lips for some reason. I also get little flakies that I was unaware tgat I had previously so I started exfoliating them prior and making sure I moisturized beforehand and still the same outcome. I would wear it all the time if it didn't make my lups look so nasty. I like the other shades in the line as well but im weary to try them for this problem. I like the gold tube though

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NOTE:
This 2 star review is based on the fact this shade doesn't work for NC25-30 and darker. It has nothing to do with formulation or color, which is lovely and deserves 5 stars.

This color is beautiful but sadly it does not work on me as a stand alone color. It would be lovely on women who are pale or have warm undertones. I am an NC25-30 girl and it left my overall look a bit dull and sallow, and it changed color as well which was very unfortunate (I know/have seen this swatched on paler gals and the color is exactly from tube to application).

If you find this shade doesn't work for you but you want to keep playing with it, simply use it under or on top of a more brown or brighter pink to get a more neutral tone. Since I wasn't looking for another lippie to mix and wanted this as an "on the go" shade, this one wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The perfect nude lip! As I've gotten older, lipsticks have become too hit or miss. I'm very fair, so anything with much pigment tends to look too harsh, while nudes tend to make me look washed out. I had given up purchasing lipsticks, and was just using lipliner and balm, or blending out just a dab of lipcolor from what remains of my lipstick collection.

This little gem caught my eye at CVS, and I'm so glad it did. First, I am amazed at the great slip this has going on, feels very moisturizing, almost luxurious. It remains soft and moisturizing after application too- rub your lips together, and it feels like good lipbalm. I love the sweet melon scent, too! There is no shimmer, but it has a bit of sheen that keeps it from looking too matte. Just the right amount of color too, a muted pink that is very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am glad I waited to review this lipstick. When I first bought it I wasn't impressed with the colour, it seemed too dark of a nude on me so I shelved it. Since we have just had summer here in NZ I thought I would try it out again as my staple Revlon Soft Nude was washing me out. With my slightly more tan skin this looks perfect! It is a pink nude, more pinky then nude I would say. Very pretty and girly. It smells like watermelons - yum! And it is moisturizing and lasts well. I usually apply a gloss over my lippies but I don't feel I need to with this, it already has a nice slight sheen to it and doesn't dry out. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been buying lipsticks for years and this is the first nude lipstick that has been flattering to my light-medium warm complexion. The others have been too beige, made teeth look yellow, too orange or too brown. This is just the perfect shade and I can't believe I found it in the drugstore! A must-try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a pink-nude, not peach as some have described. Its a very neutral pink-nude though, so it is wearable by anyone. I am NW20 and it looks great on me and stays put for well over 10 hours, I tested it lol. It's a creme but it feels matte after about 4 hours.

Love the smell and formula and I would buy this again. No shimmer and very opaque. One swipe and you get full color which is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the name of this lipstick is really misleading. It's not a nude at all. It's a light peachy color that's prefect and gorgeous. When I don't know what to wear, I put this on. It's akin to a MAC creamsheen lipstick in finish and texture. I do wish the packaging wasn't so dated looking. They really need to update their packaging. I think this shade might be kind of similar to MAC kinda sexy but not matte and maybe a little lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I work part-time at one of the BIG 3 counters. Even their almost 30 lipsticks do not compare to Milani! When I tell you drugstore lipsticks and lipglosses are as good if not out perform their super pricey drugstore sisters... it's not just lip service. I have been gifted drugstore lipsticks (that's right, gratis!) and those are used once then left to collect dust. Milani on the other hand, I even wear to work... even though I'm suppose to wear something from the line. It's just longer lasting, more moisturizing, and love this color (goes with everything!)

Hard to find color! But trust me, once you hunt it down, it will be worth it! Always sold out! Finally got my hands on a tube...

I rushed home, removed my current nude lipstick, and swiped it on. Stepped back and admired. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the color was and how it suited my very fair, neutral-golden undertones! I did apply a lip balm underneath because my lips are always so chapped, and this applied over it like a dream! The color is a very natural nude and looks like a pinky peach on my lips! Definitely just makes me look polished and not washed out:). Yay!

The case is so pretty and looks like I purchased it from a department store. Sleek, glossy, gold, and doesn't feel cheap! Usually drugstore lipstick that look nice end up feeling chintzy when you hold them. Not this! I feel glamorous when I apply it!

This Milani brand is amazing and so affordable! At CVS it was under $6 bucks and they were running a BOGO 50% off so I also picked up Fruit Punch today but haven't tried it. I also own Flamingo Pose and love it! So far it hasn't dried out my lips and this is such an easy color to wear... an every day nude! It looks similar to my HG Femme couture! Just has a nicer case and has more product... Maybe this will end up replacing my current HG nude lippie!

There is a fruity watermelon scent that you will love or hate (I love it!) I'm very sensitive to fragrances but this doesn't bother me at all. I hope Milani never discontinues this shade! And their new case is so pretty! It really is eye catching and that's why I love displaying them on my vanity! I hope they come out with a nude with a slight shimmer as well (lighter than dulce Caramelo please... that one pulls too brown on me!) What a well done revamped line of lipsticks... Bravo Milani:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

I'm an NC30 and this does not look like a nude pink at all! It's like a pink that is not light enough to be a nude but not dark enough to be a MLBB colour(??) And this smells just like watermelon flavoured gum.. not my cup of tea. However, I do like the formula - good colour payoff, glides on smoothly and is not drying. The packaging looks really high-end which is definitely a plus! I do like the cream finish and the formula so I'm giving a 5 stars! However, this is NOT a nude, so keep that in mind( at least for me).