FLOWER Beauty Easy On The Eyes Long Wear Eyeliner

4.1

on 2/19/2014 5:34:00 PM

I would buy this again primarily because the FLOWER line is cruelty-free, and it's hard for me to get my hands on cruelty-free products in stores where I live, and even harder to get ones that perform decently. I have a natural foods/ organics not too far from where I work, and they only carry one make-up line, which I really dislike (products just don't work). So at least there is always FLOWER at Wal-Mart. I have found that most of the items in the FLOWER line perform well for their pricepoint. I purchased this eyeliner in the brown. For lining the lower, this stuff works great. It has a shockingly bold color payoff. I have NEVER found a pencil-style liner that works to line my upper lid; they all seem to skip/drag - I stick to liquid liner when I'm going to line my upper. My greatest complaint on this product is the "packaging." It seems the screw-in device for the actual product is not properly connected. I can screw it up, but sometimes not down. I turn the end to retract it, and then if it doesn't retract, I give the product a slight tap with my fingertip and then it falls back down into the tube. A minor inconvenience really, as long as it still turns upwards. I would also prefer my brown liner to "more brown." This is a very dark brown (brown/black). My guess is that most people prefer this color, but I prefer to line my already very-dark eyes with liner that is clearly brown. I would probably buy this liner again because it does have a good color payoff, good price, readily available, and is cruelty-free, and you can't say this about very many liners.

on 2/18/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is extremely dry. Eyeliners are supposed to glide on easily and be pretty creamy in consistency, but this product is most definitely the opposite. It required alot of rubbing back and forth to get even the most faintest hint of color onto my skin. I definitely do NOT recommend it for use as an eyeliner.

However, I got it in the shade 02 Brown, so I decided to try it as an eyebrow pencil. It actually worked wonders. I have black eyebrows and really really dark brown hair, so it's really hard for me to find brow products - blacks are too harsh, and brown products are too amber-toned or light to look realistic on me. I found that the dry consistency of this actually makes it look very natural when applied on the brows. It approaches holy grail status.

Overall: This sucks as an eyeliner, but is an amazing product for eyebrows.

on 9/25/2013 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a difficult time finding eyeliners that I can wear in my waterline without irritating my sensitive eyes. This eyeliner has been great! I have it in Black. It is very dark and well-pigmented. It glides on nicely, and is soft enough to use in my waterline and for tightlining. It blends and smokes out well, but stays put all day. I haven't exactly figured out how the 'self-sharpening' element works, but it doesn't matter, I am still extremely happy with this product, and so far, all of my experiences with FLOWER Beauty have been wonderful. I really love this makeup line! Will definitely be picking this up in other colors!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got two free samples of this, in brown and black. AMAZING is all I can say. It is a little bit hard to apply because it's a bit dry, but I think my use of an eye primer (I use the wet n wild fergie version because my lids are super oily) might have affected that a bit. Either way, this stuff lasts. I never, ever wear eyeliner on my lower waterline because it always smudges and I end up looking like a raccoon. This stuff is still holding strong at the end of my work day, and I'm honestly shocked. I will definitely be buying more of these liners in other colors if I can find them.

It also doesn't hurt that these are made in the USA & are cruelty free. I'm very impressed by this line.

on 8/19/2013 11:45:00 AM

Lovely color, I think I purchased in extreme black or something like that. I found the product to be dry and hard to apply. It tugged at my lids during application and the tip of the liner broke off and crumbled due to its dryness. Too bad, the color is a beautiful, deep, matte black...just what I want in my eyeliner since I only apply to my upper lid. It doesn't smudge either, from what I have experienced.

I was disappointed that it wasn't as creamy as it claimed, nor did it "glide on" during application.

I am giving it 3 lippies for color, intensity, packaging and wearability but deducting 2 off a perfect score for dryness and breaking/crumbling of product and poor application (tugging at my lids while applying).

on 6/6/2013 2:50:00 AM

I just tried this eyeliner today and so far it does the job. Glides on easily and last all day, plus the packaging is cute!

on 5/30/2013 7:44:00 AM

Easy to apply. Stays on throughout the day.

on 5/27/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hated this. I was expecting it to be awesome because I'd heard good things about this line. I had to line and re-line and re-re-line my eyes with this thing, because the pigmentation is awful. It's a good color, and it's smooth after the first 50 tries, but there are definitely better eyeliners out there. I'd recommend tons more like CoverGirl liquiline blast or Wet N Wild.

I'm really loving this eyeliner! I purchased it in black but will be buying more colors. Goes on smooth, and stays all day- even on my waterline! Very happy with my purchase!

on 2/24/2013 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a retractable pencil eyeliner that comes in eight colors -
Black, Brown, Khaki Shimmer, Aubergine, and Navy.

I chose the Khaki Shimmer, which is a greenish-taupe color with shimmer. It's very pretty and the shimmer isn't obvious when applied. The BEST part is that this liner glides on super easy and stays on. I threw out my old standby for this because it turned out to be a Holy Grail.

Flower is never tested on animals and is made in the U.S.A.

Top Rated FLOWER Beauty Products