October 24, 2014 | 856 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this eyeliner is that it is so easy to apply and I LOVE the applicator. The worst thing is that it doesn't seem to last as long as the Milani Infinite line. I have noticed that it will flake and I will have to reapply another line. Definately not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I'm iffy on this. I love the size and feel in my hand, the color selection is very good, the fine felt tip is really great for fine lines for a subtle look, the lasting power is supreme, but the color payoff for the black just isn't. Going over the same spot twice or thickly the first time is the only way to apply, which somewhat defeats the ultrafine tip for detail work. I'm still looking for a better liquid liner that does all this consistently instead of only for the first month it's open and is true to color.

Now, if only Milani would go back to not testing on animals, I'd buy again just to make sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Missyboo123

I LOVE this liquid eyeliner! It is great and does the job perfectly!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

its an okay eyeliner, but the applicator is terrible. miliani has much better eyeliners out there

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by winz6384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really disappointed with this product, because after about five minutes there was already black flakes under my eyes. I bought it looking for a good drugstore liquid eyeliner and liked the Milani Liquid Eye in Silver, but I definitely won't be recommending this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Specifically the black : The formula is great~ doesn't irritate my eyes. And the black lasts all day without smudging or flaking. Great for a dramatic cat eye.

Cons: The tip is rigid, short, and thick that it's often hard to control how thick you want to line your eyes. And since it's rigid (and not flexible) if I'm not careful it hurts my eyes to go over it with this liner.

I probably will not repurchase and find a liquid eyeliner with a more comfortable tip.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by thickythickred

I love the felt tip liner. However after the line dries, it dries all sparkly and later in the day you can just peel the liner off and I find that yucky. This will not be a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this a few months ago in Black Vinyl and having been using it fairly regularly since. There are a lot of positives to this eyeliner: It's good and black, and applicator is precise and makes lining my eyes easy (even with winged eyeliner - with the aid of tape, of course). It dries to a glossy finish, which, in my opinion, makes it looks more interesting than a matte eyeliner, although it's difficult to tell when it's fully dry because of that. It doesn't flake, smudge, or fade, so I don't have to worry about it not staying on my (oily) eyes all day.

This eyeliner comes with one major downside, though: It's so damn annoying to remove it's almost not worth it. It comes off fairly easily, actually, but it comes off in FLAKES. It's so weird, because it never flakes during the day, so I never expected this! It comes off in strips and flakes and they stick to different parts of your face so well you'll be finding them for days afterwards. Having worn it yesterday, and tried my damndest to remove it, I STILL woke up this morning with small black flakes on my chin, upper lip, forehead, and caught in my eyebrows. It has the persistence of glitter. The hassle of removing it makes me hesitate to put it on in the mornings, and that's a shame. If I'm honest with myself I'll still try and finish the bottle - hell, I'll probably even buy some of the coloured liners, because they're gorgeous - but I'll never repurchase it with an everyday liquid liner in mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Celestila

I own this in Black Vinyl and Emerald Glisten (and now Prismatic Purple as of my edit). I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Emerald Glisten. It's such a unique shade of green with very subtle sparkle. I've worn it to work where my eyeliner tends to crease and wear off near the wing even with primer. I put this to the test and it passed. By the end of the day, it looked just as good as it did in the morning. I wish I had green or blue eyes because this color would look even more amazing on those eye colors.

As for Black Vinyl, it is a dark true black. However, I find that it does flake off near the wing towards the end of the day. A little touch-up fixes the problem easily.

These liners have amazing pigment and quality for the price. Application is quick and easy. I seldom make mistakes, and I don't consider myself a liquid liner pro by any means. I want to try Prismatic Purple next. I definitely recommend trying one out!

EDIT: I have worn Black Vinyl many more times since my original review and it has not flaked once, even in 100% humidity in the middle of summer. I have added an extra lippie because this liner is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an easy intense black long-wearing eyeliner and when I heard Beauty Broadcast recommend this one and talk about how well this goes on, I wanted to trust her, so I did and picked it up at Duane Reade while I was in New York.

However I was quite disappointed. This stuff is cheap and I don't just mean the price, I mean the quality of it, I can definitely feel that I put something on me that feels/looks cheap. It is indeed very pigmented and long wearing, but after it dries it feels kinda crusty? It feels hard on the skin and while the tip is thin, I feel like the wand on its own is thicker than it should be and it gets covered in liquid liner which can end up all over your lashes and it's really messy. To be honest, I have quite long lashes so applying liquid eyeliner for me is a pain and this product only made it worse. And when I removed at night it came off in bits and pieces and it was kinda gross.

I have to try really hard to make this look decent and I never have time for that so I just use it to cover the lash band when I wear falsies. Definitely not a go-to product. At least I don't feel sorry for my money 'cause it was really cheap. I'm wondering why it has such great ratings.