November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Ghost (VI720)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous! This really captivated me right as soon as I applied it. In the pan it might not seem like it's worthy of any fuss, but it's a different story once it's on my eyes. Depending on the light it can be more muted pale silver, lavender, or some kind of hard to define wash of pastel shimmer. The shimmer isn't over the top or large; it's subtle, a tasteful mix of pink, lavender, blue, and silvery white done with a lot of restraint.

It feels so buttery soft and silky, not dry at all. And despite it being a light color it doesn't look chalky or enhance any little flaws. Picks up easily on a brush and blends like a dream. I can build it up or sheer it out with no problems.

I just love this for so many different occasions and it works with a lot of varied colors, even warmer tones. Most often I wear it all across the lid with Chanel Hasard (it's a medium-dark muted, matte purpley-grey) in the crease and smudged beneath my lower lash line, with Urban Decay's Ether liner on top and bottom. But I also think it looks amazing with a matte soft grey in the crease and black liner. Another awesome pairing is with a soft pink in the crease and this all over the lid as a wash... very ethereal and soft.

This is one of my most beloved eyeshadows and I think it's something I'll always have in my stash. For reference I'm a very pale NW5-10 (more neutral than cool toned) with blonde hair and light hazel eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lynn2013

VERY unusal color. I have a lot of heritary darkness around my eyes and stick to light e/s. This is light and very interesting. It looks like a light grey but once on you see lavender. It's just good for green eyes. It won't exactly make them pop, you would need some darker lavender to layer in or in the outer corner or crease. But this is more then good. I like it and use it just as a wash until I get the SHI Provence lavender. This is very light and you will either love it or hate it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Shiseido's Luminizing Satin Eye Colors are among my favorite eyeshadows, super-soft with complex finishes and unexpected color depth. In fact they are so soft, they wipe off almost effortlessly. Don't touch your eyelids, people. A small price in effort to pay for some of the most gorgeous, thoughtful shades on the market today. The singles are identical in feel to the trios, yet no shades are duplicated. VI 720, or Ghost, is no exception to the fine quality and may even be my favorite Shiseido single. As the "VI" part of its label would suggest, Ghost has a lilac base, albeit a very wan one, which is where the Ghost moniker starts to feel apt--it's a sort of greyed, purpled-dust color with a pinky essence. A whisper of ever-so-teensy multicolored sparkles--aqua, gold, pink--give the satin finish life without a "blingy" feel. Also ghostly? Apparently, this shadow cannot be photographed in the pan. It looks like a faded cool grey in pictures, no matter the lighting. Ghost must be experienced in person.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No