August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Pump It Up Lip Plumper in Jessica

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This came with a set of NYX lip set otherwise I would not have purchased it on my own. I think the shade they gave me though is called Pamela... it has a peachy tint but goes on completely clear. That is the biggest downside of this, is it is basically just a clear gloss in terms of pigment.

I like that it has no scent or taste. No strike that. I love that aspect of it. It feels nice and tingly on lips, kind of minty. I like the way it feels and it doesn't last too terribly long which for me in a bummer.. it feels nice to me.

The texture is good, it actually manages to stay on lips and moisturize them as well. It is not slimy or slick and not overly thick, sticky or tacky. Can be used over or under other products as well as just a clear gloss on its own.

It does actually seem to plump up lips a bit...maybe just by providing a decent amount of moisture since I don't think find the tingly effect irritating enough to work in that way.

I don't see myself repurchasing this product but it was a nice surprise to get to try. As a clear gloss I like it way more than I thought I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

before i give my review i DO NOT have the color Jessica, I have the color Lindsay which is like a pinky lavender with shimmer. I couldn't find a general review page for the lip plumper glosses, just certain names.

CONS:*
*This stuff BURNS. Not tingles, its BURNS. You know that feeling you get on your lips after you eat something REALLYYYY spicy, that's the same feeling I get. Not the most pleasant feeling and it takes a while to go away. Wish the sensation wasn't so obnoxious.
*Wish they had some darker colors for darker skin tones. Most are either really glittery or super nude.

PROS:
*No scent. Sometimes I like my glosses to be unscented!
*Cute packaging!
*They have one that's completely clear! I'll have to grab that one next. You can get the plump look but also be able to put it over a lipstick.
*I DEFINITELY saw a result. My lips looked really plump and fat. If the results weren't as good as they are I wouldn't buy it.

Overall I would repurchase just hope maybe over time they reformulate them to make the burning sensation less intense and hopefully they will come out with more shades as well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to see the negative reviews. Well, actually, I'm not surprised considering this product is a primer.

First, this plumper does tingle a bit, but not as much as $19 Buxom products. I happen to like the tingle, and I wish this had a little MORE of a sting. Oh well.

Second, the texture is a bit tacky, but that means it will last longer. If you are eating or drinking without a straw, you'll need to re-apply. Since this product is inexpensive, that's fine. However, last night after washing my face, I could still feel a balm-like texture.

Third, the color is a tiny bit disappointing. It's sparkly, but it matches my lip color. In fact, most of my lip glosses/plumpers match my skin. If I want color, I'll have to wear lipstick. If you already have a bunch of sheer glosses/plumpers, consider passing this one by.

Fourth, I didn't really see a plumping difference, but I have small lips. I think I'm hopeless in that area. If it made me look like Angelina, I would buy it by the carton.

I will buy this again when I run out of my other sheer/nude glosses/plumpers AND if I have a good deal. Even though my favorite is Buxon, this one fits my budget much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this is Kim, the sting is intensely strong, but it plumps very well, better than the more expensive ones. These are very new one the market and I wanted to try something from NYX. Alot of lip-plumpers are a rip-off. The lipgloss had a nice shade and plumping at the same time I want to try other shades, but I'm happy with Kim.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This made my lips feel on fire! Do not buy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

First off I want to say I am a huge fan of NYX. Especially their mega shine lip glosses. When I was recently at Ulta, I saw this beautiful color with lots of shimmer and picked it up, not noticing that it was a lip plumper. That shouldn't have been a problem, maybe even a plus, but it was far from it! As soon as I put this on it started stinging my lips like crazy. This is characteristic of lip plumpers and is the reason why I don't buy them. I hated this stuff.