October 30, 2014 | 1774 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty good shampoo, not amazing. It does seem to help retain color well, but is a little heavy for my fine hair. The fragrance is nice, not too perfumey and I think the packaging is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this shampoo. I like it more than the salon brands I've used in the past. It made my hair shiny & soft. It helped my hair color stay vibrant. The packaging is nice too. It doesn't look cheap. I can't say anything more positive about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far, this is a big yes for me. It has managed to undo all the damage and ickyness the Nuance Raw Honey Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner was doing to my hair in just two uses. I also like how well the shampoo and conditioner in this line work together. A lot of the time I mix and match my shampoos and conditioners, yet I have this weird longing to always be able to buy shampoos and conditioners as sets. So often, the quality of a shampoo and it's matching conditioner won't be equal across the board in a line. This is a rare instance of A+ for both.

It leaves my hair super soft and shiny and manageable. I love the texture of both the shampoo (creamy but not too thick) and the conditioner (thick but not heavy), Both have a very pleasant fragrance as well. You can tell L'Oreal really put some major time and effort into the development of this line.

I am rating at 4 lippies right now because the REAL test will come when I get my hair color done again---I have been gravitating back to red (which is the toughest color to preserve) so if it really delivers on preserving fresh color then it will get bumped up to five. I also want to get the heat protecting spray in this line after I get my hair done. That product has excellent reviews on MUA and I'd like to see how all three work together to keep my color truer longer. ...update to follow, I promise.

UPDATE: Well, I definitely think it helped with color retention. I don't think any shampoo is going to keep your color looking like day 1 after leaving the salon but this shampoo along with the matching conditioner really did keep my hair looking shiny vibrant even as the semi-permanent color in my hair started to fade after 4 weeks. It makes my hair very soft and happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Timberlynn6869

This is one product that does what it says and does not strip color!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't care for this shampoo. I have to use a ton of it to get a decent lather. The price is good but that's about all. Didn't really do anything for my color treated hair, left it limp and IMO not as clean as other shampoos. I normally wash my hair every other day but with this shampoo, I felt the need to wash my hair the following day. Which I'm not a fan of.. I'm a blonde & prefer not washing daily, I don't want my hair to dry out even more than it already is. Another big thing that bothered me w/this shampoo is the lather. I like a good lather but this shampoo requires using a ton to achieve that. I have found a few great products from the L'Oreal Advanced Haircare line but this def isn't one of them.. I might not even finish the bottle, I really dislike this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells great, cleans well, does nourish/moisturize, great low price, nice packaging. So, I have stopped coloring, yes, going with God-lights and it seems to brighten the color so my gray shimmers more, weird, I know as most people run from their gray but I am trying to embrace it and work with it as coloring every 4 weeks was damaging my hair. TMI but thought I would share!:). "I am not my hair" India Arie

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is great for the price. It cleanses well without drying out my hair and rinses clean. I have oily scalp and it seems to do well with keeping it balanced.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This shampoo was just ok for me. It cleaned my hair good and it smells nice latherd up & rinsed out good but thats about it. I didn't really notice it helping my hair color out in a way I felt like this and the matching conditioner kinda made my blonde hair look dull. =(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmogirlkathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well let me first say that I only bought this product because I ran out of my matrix color care shampoo and conditoner. I didn't have enough money to spend 25 dollars total so I went to walmart hoping to find a decent color shampoo. When I came across the loreal color vibrancy shampoo I was curiouss I must say. Its a new shampoo and I actually felt like trying it because I've had bad luck in the past with store brands shampoos. I was looking for a great store bought shampoo that would not strip my hair color. I use a level 3 demi permanent . For thise of you that don't know what that is its basically a non permanent color that has no amonia and only deposits color causeing less damage to the hair. Its like a very dark brown / blackish color. Anyhow , I've been using this shampoo for two weeks. And wow, girls I am so shocked with this product. I can almost compare it to the matrix color care shampoo. It did not strip my color and adds a very nice shine. Now I can not rate the conditioner bevause since under my color I have a very light brown and a lot of blonde highlights I bought the hydrating conditioner. Which I did not really use because I've been using my matrix intesive mask..... sooo this shampooois very good. Id definately recomend it to anyone that is looking for an average priced good shampoo for color treated hair. By the way... I'm a licensed cosmetologist and I shouldn't be recomending iy...n but honestly it is a decent color shampoo as for being a store brand. Hope this helps. ;)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just say, this isn't a bad shampoo, it just doesn't work as well with my hair as the color protecting shampoo/conditioner I was using before (Sauve Keratin Infusion). That said, it definitely helped keep my color, and reds are notoriously hard to hold, so that was impressive. I loved the scent and loved the packaging, and the price was very good. It cleanses well, and doesn't completely strip my hair, but I have a sensitive scalp prone to dryness and if I used this for 2 or 3 washings in a row it would leave my scalp a little itchy. So, I think it's a very good product that just wasn't the right fit for my hair. I do, however, love the Color Vibrancy leave-in spray from this line.