L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo

3.5

on 3/10/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have color treated, thick blonde hair that has oily roots and dry ends and gets tangled very easily. This shampoo was so drying on my scalp and made my hair tangled. I hoped that since it was so drying it would at least leave me less greasy in between shampoos. Nope. I woke up with my scalp a greasy mess. This did not work for me. Would NOT recommend.

on 3/10/2015 11:37:00 AM

Bouncy, shiny, healthy-looking hair with color protection I can count on! Only a small amount is needed per application. Thanks, L'Oreal!

on 2/27/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been coloring my hair with L'Oreal Paris products for years. Two years ago, I switched to their bright, ruby red color and have been struggling to find a good, AFFORDABLE shampoo that won't wash my color out. I was using BigSexyHair for a year and I was pretty happy with it, but when I was shopping yesterday, I found THIS STUFF. I'm the kind of person that reads reviews before buying anything, and seeing that other redheads had success with this product, I figured 'why not?' Worst case scenario, I'd just color it again and never repurchase this product. Washed my hair this morning (first wash after dyeing it) and HO MAMA! My hair feels light, fluffy, SOFT, and most importantly THE COLOR DID NOT FADE ONE SINGLE IOTA!! I also have some split ends going on at the moment, but after my shower, I couldn't even tell! Works great on damaged hair. It smells fantastic, my hair doesn't feel gross and oily, and I have never been happier with my shampoo! Recommending to ALL my friends.

P.S You can even try out a free sample of the product before buying it: http://www.freebiehunter.org/loreal-haircare-samples/

on 2/17/2015 9:14:00 PM

Not one of my favorites. I typically love L'Oreal, and the one from this line with the yellow cap/label is pretty good, but this one just isn't. This shampoo does not clean the hair well. I do not wash my hair every day, and when I wash it, I like it to be squeaky clean. I mean that I actually like to feel and hear my hair squeak when I rub it between the fingers. With this one, even I lather, rinse, and repeat, my hair still feels dirty and greasy. Will not be repurchasing.

on 1/12/2015 4:05:00 PM

I like this shampoo. I have to take very quick showers, and I don't have time to use conditioner in the shower after I shampoo. This lathers up quickly, and really well, which I really like. I'm not a fan of low suds shampoo because I don't feel like my hair gets as clean as it should be, so I am all for lots of suds. It doesn't dry my hair out, and I am able to use leave in conditioners after I get out of the shower, and my hair looks great. I have very thick, wavy, shoulder length hair, color treated red hair. I definitely need to use conditioner after shampooing, but just the shampoo alone leaves my hair in pretty good shape. Price is right, and it makes for a quick, and easy fast shampoo.

on 12/24/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this as a sample in my winter 2014 walmart box so I am just going on that. This shampoo made my curly hair really curly! I liked that! And also it didn't alter my color which I had done in August of 2014 so it's really old. It seems very hydrating, my hair has bounce & normally I wash my hair 3x then condish but I just wanted to use the sample & so I just washed once & my hair seems pretty clean for just once. It didn't produce mass amounts of lather thou; I like lather even if it may not be the greatest for my hair to have all that suds. I would consider buying this shampoo except that I am a hardcore aussie devotée. But, yeah, it is nice. I was kind of allergic to another Loreal shampoo I tried but this didn't seem to go aggravating me. Idk how much this costs coz I had a sample; but I know it's DS so it is cheaper than salon hair care I am sure (prob my aussie are cheaper, I know my suave are!), but this performs well & if I didn't have a big bottle of aussie w a pump I would've considered buying this. The scent is really pretty very feminine but not cloying just clean hair. I think this stuff is pretty good, esp for naturally curly hair. I even have my hair down the curls are so pretty & I barely ever wear my hair down! :) ymmv

on 8/14/2014 12:39:00 PM

A pretty good shampoo, not amazing. It does seem to help retain color well, but is a little heavy for my fine hair. The fragrance is nice, not too perfumey and I think the packaging is pretty.

on 8/2/2014 4:10:00 PM

I loved this shampoo. I like it more than the salon brands I've used in the past. It made my hair shiny & soft. It helped my hair color stay vibrant. The packaging is nice too. It doesn't look cheap. I can't say anything more positive about it.

on 6/26/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So far, this is a big yes for me. It has managed to undo all the damage and ickyness the Nuance Raw Honey Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner was doing to my hair in just two uses. I also like how well the shampoo and conditioner in this line work together. A lot of the time I mix and match my shampoos and conditioners, yet I have this weird longing to always be able to buy shampoos and conditioners as sets. So often, the quality of a shampoo and it's matching conditioner won't be equal across the board in a line. This is a rare instance of A+ for both.

It leaves my hair super soft and shiny and manageable. I love the texture of both the shampoo (creamy but not too thick) and the conditioner (thick but not heavy), Both have a very pleasant fragrance as well. You can tell L'Oreal really put some major time and effort into the development of this line.

I am rating at 4 lippies right now because the REAL test will come when I get my hair color done again---I have been gravitating back to red (which is the toughest color to preserve) so if it really delivers on preserving fresh color then it will get bumped up to five. I also want to get the heat protecting spray in this line after I get my hair done. That product has excellent reviews on MUA and I'd like to see how all three work together to keep my color truer longer. ...update to follow, I promise.

UPDATE: Well, I definitely think it helped with color retention. I don't think any shampoo is going to keep your color looking like day 1 after leaving the salon but this shampoo along with the matching conditioner really did keep my hair looking shiny vibrant even as the semi-permanent color in my hair started to fade after 4 weeks. It makes my hair very soft and happy.

This is one product that does what it says and does not strip color!

Popular Shampoos