September 30, 2014 | 1920 users online

BB Cream - Kanebo - Media BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by MissJingly

Let me start of by stating that Kanebo Media products are aimed at women over 40 years old. I however, being unable to read Japanese, unknowingly bought this on my last trip to Japan. The BB cream itself has a gel-like consistency, meaning that it's not too watery but spreads like a dream when applied onto the face. Personally, I would say that the coverage of this product is light-medium. It covers my pores and the redness around it, however, it doesn't cover zits or anything serious.

The shade I bought (#02 Natural Beige) is a perfect match for my yellow Asian undertone skin, leaving a dewy finish. This product, combined with my naturally oily face, only lasts about 4-6 hours, however, I have yet to come across an Asian BB cream that lasts longer than that. I usually wear powder foundation over this to 'set' it and make it last longer. This BB cream comes in a 35g squeeze tube (like so many other Asian BB creams) and is very convenient to carry around.

The only reasons why I would not repurchase this product again (well, at least not for another 20 or so years!) is because of the product target market for women over 40 and the fact that the dewy finish looks 'oily', instead of 'glowing' on me. Nonetheless, I would recommend this product for people within Kanebo Media's target age group with dry to combination skin. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Once again I got sucked into this product, from previous lessons, ALL Japanese & Korean BB cream have this gawd-awful greyish cast. The reason I bought this "blind" from the internet is because it comes in 3 shades, I picked the darkest, which is 03 Medium Beige, cited a healthy colour. On my NC 30-35 skin, I look like a pathetic anemic weakling. It does, however, make the skin look vampiric- porcelain, in an unnatural artificial manner.