December 21, 2014 | 1503 users online

Liquid - Lavera - Natural Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by d2010c

I have a medium-fair Asian complexion and have been using 01 Porcelain for years, but Lavera recently changed its foundation formula. I purchased a new bottle today (September 2014) and Lavera's 01 Porcelain is now darker and has an orange tint to it. The next time I will buy Dr. Hauschka's translucent make-up 01. I wish Lavera did not change their formulas/colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by pinksparklemw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this natural foundation. I really did...but it just didn't cut it for me.

This brand only comes in 4 shades, so even though none of them was an exact match, I found the lightest shade to be close enough. It is also a low coverage foundation, which I guess can be layered to get better coverage, but I didn't want multiple layers of it on my skin. When I first put it on, I loved the glowy look it gave my skin, but after a couple hours I noticed a few changes:

First, the light color had darkened a little, oddly enough. It must have oxidized.

Second, the glowy look I loved in the beginning was gone. It almost seemed to emphasize the larger pores around my nose and forehead.

On the plus side, it was easily spreadable for a natural foundation, and it was fairly inexpensive. Even though I admire the company and will try their eyeshadows, I had a few problems with this foundation and won't be buying it again.

UPDATE: After trying other natural foundations, I realize that this one was one was not as bad as some others I've found. Apparently, finding a good medium coverage makeup for combination/oily skin is a difficult task.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Kirb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use this liquid foundation on her Organic/Natural Make-up Look. This was my first introduction to organic/natural make up and I was impressed. I have dry skin, pigmentation/spots and fine lines forming around my eyes so Im searching for products that provide hydration, evens out my skin tone without that heavy makeup feeling or accentuating fine lines. This product feels more like a rich tinted moisturiser rather than a foundation. I like to use it on those days where Im in a rush, need a light coverage with a hint of colour and moisture. Its a little lighter than I would usually wear, but its been a good colour match this winter. There is a trick to the application, and depending on what moisturiser or face oil I was using, it would either go on blotchy or smooth. Its best applied with your fingers while your moisturiser is still dewy. What I enjoy most about this, is the scent; it contains many organic oils with conditioning properties and Vitamins A, C and E. I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also purchased this foundation after Lisa Eldridge recommended it. It's probably one of the best natural foundations I've tried. The color match is especially good for my fair skin with yellow undertones. I do not wear foundation every day, but I wear it for special occasions, or if my skin is particularly bad. The finish is nice and velvety. Although it contains a lot of ingredients, this surprisingly does not irritate my sensitive skin. It is about $30 for a nice pump bottle with a tightly fitted cap, so it's very portable.

*Update: I am still loving this foundation. I even started wearing it every day on the red areas of my face. It feels like it moisturizes and protects my skin, plus girlfriends have told me they couldn't even notice that I wear foundation.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Alcohol*, Myristyl Myristate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Saffl Ower) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica, Tricaprylin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glucose Glutamate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter*, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Algin, Xanthan Gum, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil) , Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract*, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract*, Lecithin, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Lysolecithin, TocopHerol, Algae, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Magnesium Gluconate, Maltose, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract*, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract*, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Geraniol**, Limonene**, Linalool**, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)] * Ingredients from Certified Organic Agriculture ** Natural Essential Oils

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Physeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is natural, and I don't react to it with my sensitive skin. However, I find it extremely sheer. I think it's more like a tinted moisturiser. I always set it with a foundation powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it on youtube in a natural makeup video plus I've got some sad eczema on my face and wanted something gentler.

I actually really like it! Don't know if it's made my eczema less nasty but it hasn't become worse at least.

I have the lightest colour and it's a pretty good match for me (NC15) it's a little darker, but works if blending it down the neck. It's a bit yellow but I like that :)

I've worn it working in a sweaty kitchen and it sits pretty good on the skin, it gets a bit dewy but I like that too!

Only thing is it can feel a little bit sticky at first, but it can also be blended out to feel more comfortable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No