Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Black

3.6

ISODODECANE, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, POLYETHYLENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PERFLUORONONYL DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, TALC, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, POLYURETHANE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TIN OXIDE, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), CARMINE (CI 75470)].

on 8/31/2015 11:33:00 PM

I love this for the waterline! Seriously, if you haven't tried it, it's 4.49 at cvs just try it. It's creamy and soft so I'm not tugging at my skin or poking at my waterline, but not so soft that when I touch it it breaks. I think I got Milani Liquifeye or some other kind of pencil-as-liquid formula and that happened. Done! I also love that when you take the cap off of this, it fits on the other end of the pencil so you don't lose it. I am surprised how many companies have pencils whose lids do not fit! Drug stores around me sell out frequently so I stock up on black when I can. Been wanting to try the nude.

on 8/16/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favourite part about this eyeliner is how creamy it is. I hate how some pencils can be too dry and it pulls on your eye. This does not do that since it is so soft, however, that does make it difficult for me to sharpen. It's very black though, and it stays for a long period of time without smudging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

When I don't have any Stila liquid liner, I use this on my lids. Granted you have to sharpen it for a pinpoint wing, but the consistency of it goes on very well, and the waterproof quality holds true: I've woken up wearing this before and it stayed very much intact. Stays mildly creamy for a couple minutes, then dries completely. Doesn't mirror onto the brow bone.

Used to be bothered with this as an in-eye liner, but it seems to be that too much is being applied. Dabbed away excess and was good to go.

on 7/4/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Instead of this rimmel eyeliner, buy the rimmel exaggerate eyeliner. The twist-up one is amazingggg

this one is not as smooth, silky, or dark as the other one

Don't confuse this rimmel eyeliner with the better twist-up rimmel eyeliner!!

on 5/31/2015 1:43:00 PM

I really like this eyeliner. It's nice because it stays on all day and doesn't smudge. As time went on for me it became less creamier and went on my lash line kinda sparse and lost its intense black color. Overall it's a good eyeliner:)

on 5/19/2015 6:43:00 PM

This product is very black and creamy. It doesn't last and creates a mess during the day. It smudges since its so creamy.

on 4/1/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I tried this as a tightline, it smuged and left my lower lash line slightly tinted, but I quickly learned to let the liner set for a few seconds before blinking properly (it's difficult, I know, but you get used to it).
Letting it set properly first makes all the difference - instead of racoon eyes you will get brilliant colours and long-lasting hold.

I can wear it for a whole day without smudging or bleeding, and the colour intensity is superb.
It glides on easily (but can be a bit dry to put on your lids in the winter when it gets too cold) and you really only need one layer. Two or more layers will give you more the effect of a liquid liner, which is perfect for me as I despise using liquid eyeliners.
I would call this a semi-waterproof kohl, but for the intensity and durability - and the fact that if it does smuge, it is easy to fix - and the reasonable price, I will definitely continue buying it.
The only other eyeliners that has given me such good results in the past have been expensive as hell, and therefore not really viable options as a regular purchase for someone on a budget.
Since I have allergies and hyper-sensitive skin, there are some makeup products which I tend to have violent reactions to - this product does not irritate or cause any other problems.

Shortly put, I adore these kohls, and both the black and the brown one have become permanent additions to my (rather extensive) makeup collection.

UPDATE:
Decided to give this eyeliner a proper test, so I wore it for 28 hours straight (just the liner on my upper wetline and over my lashes copled with mascara) and the result blew me away!
It was exactly where I left it, and as I let my lower wetline and lashline be without, I could check for any smudging or transfer - there was nothing. At all.
If done correctly, this liner will stay on for ever apparently.

on 3/6/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this due to price and all the excellent reviews. It lasted just about 2 1/2 hrs and then slid off my oily skin, that was with primer.

on 2/25/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

God this stuff sucks. It transfers and smudges everywhere! Literally ten minutes after application, there are black smudges all over my lower lash line. I don't get how people are saying this stuff is waterproof. Maybe I got a bad one. This eyeliner is worse than the UD liners which were my least favorite eyeliners until I found this crap.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a good dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 liner! Very black, soft, glides on easily, and pretty waterproof. I still experience a little transfer from time to time, but I have really oily eyelids and this is HEAPS better than the non waterproof version.