Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx

3.6

on 7/5/2015 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great pencil if you want to go to Smudge City. That's sarcasm, ladies. Save your bills and go to your local drug store, buy the Milani pencils or the Jordana. You'll look smarter with more money and way hotter with liner that will stay put.

on 5/4/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While it's not an HG product it's a great overall eyeliner. Mine didn't come with the sharpener, perhaps because it game as part of a set. It's incredibly longwearing, besides my waterline, there were no touch ups needed on my lashline or catline at all. It's looked the same at the end of the day as it did in the morning. My only compliant is that it doesn't have an automatic sharpener so it's kinda chunky and not the best at making lines, but still very recommended. Will absolutely buy again.

on 4/23/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I thought this was overrated. It isn't as jet black as I was hoping, and gets less so throughout the day. On me, by the end of the day, it almost looks charcoal with hints of green. Also, it isn't as smooth/creamy as I hoped - there is tugging involved, which for me results in small gaps in the liner. It doesn't budge, which can be good or bad - hard to fix a mistake, but nice that it lasts all day if applied the way you wanted it to. Only reason I'm giving this two stars instead of one is that it does not seem to irritate my eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

By far my favorite black eyeliner. I use it on my water line both on top and bottom and it is the only liner that does not run or smudge and it goes on easily and very black. The sharpener in the cap makes it great for traveling. No need for sharpeners I use the one in the cap for all my pencils! I buy two at a time so I don't run out.

on 1/17/2014 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the few liners I can wear on my waterline without irritation or running. I think I finally found my HG :)
Edit:
Lowering my rating down a star. It's still great for my sensitive eyes but it seems to melt off my waterline now. Maybe it's the heat causing it, I don't know but it makes me sad.

on 3/30/2013 10:07:00 PM

Great eyeliner, it really works well! Not my HG, but it is definitely something that is a nice pick-me up. The Onyx one is great- it is a nice, dark matte black that glides on very smoothly! It works great for both upper and lower lashlines, and it stays well. It doesn't perform super well on the waterline, though. Limitless is an awesome eyeliner if you want a smoky or smudgy look! The only downside here is that it refuses to work in cold conditions- it just does not want to transfer on any product into my eyes when the temperature is below 70 degrees! It is what caused me to mark it down, but it is not a huge deal. Limitless is not too expensive, but it still has a formidable cost. I would recommend it to anyone who does not live in super cold weather!

This is an amazing eye liner. I received in in a Smashbox kit and loved it from the start. The color is Onyx which is straight up black. Black liner is my favorite and this one is creamy and pigmented. It just glides across the skin and doesn't smudge. One of my favorite eye liners I own!