September 19, 2014 | 1851 users online

Styling Products - Pantene - Mousse Curly Hair Curl Defining (label as of Feb 2013)

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Pantene reformulates and repackages so much it is hard to know which product I am reviewing. So I put the product label EXACTLY how it appears on the container as of Feb. 2013. It also shows a hold value of 4. I don't know if this was the Curl Scrunching mousse that was listed or if it used to be the Curls Lock mousse that is also listed, but this is what the package calls it today.

Now on to the review. Funny, no love for the Pantene mousse products here, but over at NC.com, this gets so much love. I have extremely fine wavy/curly hair. This mousse is adequate. I had decent curl formation (a bit stringy though), minimal static and even some lift at the crown. Plus that Pantene scent, which I like. However, my hair never felt right. The mousse comes out normal, but feels like nothing - like air puff...no creamy feeling...going into the hair. I prefer the feel of PM Hydrowhip, Suave, or even Joiwhip. Also, I think this would leave my hair a dried out mess in the long run. The next morning after using this my hair was like "Was it worth it? I feel awful!" It was a dried out straw like mess. But I will not use this every day (or keep it) because it will dry your hair out like crazy after prolonged use (kind of the Pantene curse).