December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Primer/ Corrector - FLOWER Beauty - In Your Prime Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I tested out this primer for a week and found that it definitely made my foundation last longer. I wore it for 9 hours and it lasted a lot longer compared to my old hard candy primer. It also lasted quite well when it was almost 100 degrees out. But the reason I'm returning it is because it did not give me a smooth/blurring effect on my face. The price is $13/oz. It's a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but its not too bad. This is a great primer but I most likely would not repurchase because I am looking for a primer that would not only make my makeup last longer, but also give me a smooth canvas to work with.

Pros:
makeup lasted much longer
great for any type of skin type

Cons:
did not have a smoothing/blurring effect

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This primer is one of the best ones at the drugstore however if you have oily skin or plan on using this along with a dewier foundation it will become slightly shiny.
It feels like a thin gel formula, something of a serum-like consistency. It has a fait floral scent but not overpowering and does not linger. It glides on amazingly and dries to a soft, matte finish. I am still testing it out with all of my foundations and so far only used it with Bourjois Happy Light foundation which is more of a natural finish. It looks very good together but I did experience a strong oily T-zone by 11am (I applied it around 7:30am). I'm going to try this with a matte foundation and in combination with a more oil-controling primer and will update.

UPDATE: I think I am going to return this primer. Don't get me wrong, it is not bad but I think the perfume in this product makes my skin a tad irritated especially since most of my foundations already have some scent it them (I mostly use Marc Jacorbs and Bourjois foundations) so it just became a little bit too much for my skin.
I wish they would take out the perfume from the product and then I may consider repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very impressed with this line; the Wal Mart in central Florida got all of the products last fall/ winter, so I have used quite a few different items. Unfortunately the one in Maine ( where I now live) only got the full line recently so this is my first experience with the primer.
Well worth the wait, I must admit. I've used primers from low to high end, the majority being silicone based for slip and comfort for my combination to dry skin. Before this my go tos were Korres ( ~ 35 USD, so used sparingly) and Hourglass. Being on a fixed income has really forced me to evaluate my purchases; I need quality at a low price. The primer comes in a squeeze bottle which is flat and doesn't take up much room. The cost is about 11 USD for an ounce, and a pea sized drop covers the entire face. Selling points were " radiance and soothing"- for my sensitive skin they had me at soothing; I react to everything. This product lives up to the claims! After generous application of Cera Ve moisturizer I apply this all over. It feels hydrating and gives a subtle glow ( I'm over 40; I'll take any type of glow I can get). No reactions from my sensitive skin, though there is a bit of scent. It wears nicely under liquid foundation ( I alternate between EL, Guerlain and MUFE) and lasts all day. Best of all it is inexpensive, available at most Wal Mart stores and no animal testing. I had been contemplating a full size bottle of Hourglass ( at around $50) when I could afford it, but after using this I'm happy to say I will be saving my pennies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by benabena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I found this on sale yesterday and I've been needing a new primer and I thought I would give this a shot. I'm honestly glad I did. My cheeks constantly get dry and flakey whenever I apply powder foundation. Except when I apply this first. It's extremely hydrating, it feels soft and smooth on your skin. Even when I wear it under my liquid foundation it helps my make up apply smoother. As for the staying power it's pretty strong. I'm a dancer and I practice every night for about 3 hours. So I need somthing really strong in order for it to last, sadly, this stuff doesn't do it. The good news is that this is perfect for everyday wear! If you don't plan on sweating your booty off then this will work for you. I've worn it on days I have off and it lasted all day. I honestly love all of the flower products packaging. I think everything is super cute! I love how clean it is because it's in tube.

Basically it really gives a nice base for any foundation, powder, concealer, etc. It's really hydrating. It has great staying power for everyday use. Plus the packaging is adorable!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by velvetbuurns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

-Moisturizing
-Makeup glided on (even on my nose, which is a problem area)
-Makeup still looked great six hours later
-Kept my skin hydrated
-Hygienic (tube) packaging

Overall, I love this primer. It's a bit pricey, I paid around $13 USD for it, but it's worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No