October 26, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm - 218 Rose Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by norms29

I have very dry lips so this balm is perfect for me. The rose elixir shade is a light & very lovely natural pink tint. I love how glossy it looks, without the sticky feeling most glosses give you. I will be purchasing the berry shade in the future for when I feel like wearing a brighter color, but this will be perfect for my everyday natural look I prefer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by hagetat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product comes in a nice package. It has SPF 15 as a bonus. This is about it. The pigment is non existent, the staying power is about 30 min. There are so many better options out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this had very poor pigmentation, even for what it's supposed to be; a tinted balm. The nude had better pigment than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rose Elixir is such a pretty color, and though it IS very sheer, it just gives my lips that little boost of color and it has a bit of shine. It feels kind of slick on your lips, BUT it's not a wet, runny, or slippery feeling. And the SPF 15 is definitely a bonus, since I'll be wearing this mostly in the spring and summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the classy packaging, and the product is extremely moisturizing. One coat of my this gives a light wash of color and you don't need an actual lip balm. It's kinda like a tinted lip balm so you have to reapply it a lot to keep the color there, but if you just want a sheer color with a lot of moisture, this is perfect. Amazing product and great price, highly recommend it :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite lip product ever. It's the first lip product I've ever used completely. My lips get very dry in the winter and this is perfect for that time because it hydrates them but also gives some color to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great. The amount of color is perfect. Its a lovely rose thats really glossy and still lets your natural lip color show through, which I enjoy. I do like the smell, which smells like cotton candy to me. But now the taste is just a bit off putting to me but it isnt that bad. Im not buying it to eat it. This balm is really moisturizing and doesnt inhance dry spots on your lips like some colored balms do. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seriously, THE first lip product that I have ever finished. I am not a big lip product junkie at all. This is your regular everyday balm, with a slight hint of a rosy tone. I found it moisturizing enough for me and it was easy to apply, no mirror needed. It smells like cotton candy, and provides a bit of sheen on your lips. Simple, yet very pretty on my pale skin (NC 25)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

This is my go to lip product to help me achieve my favourite shade of nude. It's a pinky nude colour I'm always in the hunt for. I've bought 2 extras just in case they discontinue this shade. It applies so smoothly and just the perfect shine and pinky nude colour. And it has SPF! I love this shade and the coral version from this same line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: NC15 Yellow Olive, Green Eyes, Dark Chocolate brown hair
Dry skin, Dry lips (I live in the cold WI).

-Moisturizing but not as moisturizing as a regular lip balm
-Extremely sheer color. I would say that it is less tinted than the burt's bees tinted lip balm
-Very Shiny
-Last long on the lips if you do not eat or drink anything (I eat and drink constantly on the go so re-applying is a must for me but it doesn't bother me since it is moisturizing)
-This color is a very MLBB shade and I am fair so it brights up my face just a little bit since my lips are light to med pigmentation
-It has a very slippery texture
-Doesn't bleed or feather

The packaging could be better but it will not stop me from using the products. When I run out, I would repurchase, but I have so many other tinted lip products to use that I will use first but it is on my list of tinted lip balms that are great for color and moisture during the day. At night, I like something a little bit more moisturizing like Korres lip butters or burts bees lip balm.

When you buy this product there is the word BALM on it and I think we need to take that as it is. This is a tinted balm. It is great if you are not really into lipsticks or you want to start wearing lipsticks but not really want to try a full coverage one. If you love that full coverage BAM in your face colors then this is not for you or if you hate reapplying.

However, if you are looking for moisture with a little bit of color like a tinted balm then this is for you. For me, this is a winter must have since I like wearing lip colors but it is usually so dry that must lippies will dry out my lips.
Update 4/30/2014: I finished this up all the way and I still love it! I will not be repurchasing because I have so many sheer lipsticks but this is still amazing and I still agree with my original review