October 30, 2014 | 1329 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Natural Instincts in 20 Hazelnut

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kiki105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Goodness, what happened to this product? Hazelnut used to be my go-to color for going dark, but I hadn't used it in about three years. It used to be a very rich, beautiful color. To be fair, the initial result is still amazing. But it faded very quickly, which prompted me to use the "color refresher." WHAT is going on??? It left my hair auburn. Not even just a red cast, we're talking straight-up copper. There's one especially bright strand of copper hair on the left side. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against red hair, but this is NOT what I signed on for! And I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by smokex12

I absolutely love this dye. I bought it looking for a chocolate-toned shade that wouldn't be too off-setting to my coloring. I picked up this thinking "hey, why not?". It wasn't a dark or light shade, it was a medium, and that worked for me. So when I brought it home and used it, I was very surprised, though not unpleasantly, to find that it was more of a dark chocolate color as opposed to milk chocolate, which I'd been aiming for. It's a beautiful color and although it has reddish undertones, they complement my coloring nicely. I had a bad experience with the Clairol Natural Instincts dye before, but this was the old formula --- it had made my hair dry, strawlike, and all-over just horrible. It took months for my hair to become less frizzy, so I was apprehensive about re-dyeing my hair, but I really like the new formula. It's a very rich-toned color, and I just love it. I've received nothing but compliments.