Physicians Formula Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Baked Bronzer

3.1

on 7/27/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bronzer? This stuff has more glitter in it than most of my eyeshadows. So I tried it on my eyelids and it's lacking pigment to show more than the glitter... It's unfortunate because I wanted I like the gold for my lids.

on 2/15/2014 2:14:00 AM

Holy cow this stuff is super shimmery/glittery. I was hoping it was going to be just a dusting of glitter on the top of the product, use it once or twice and its gone. I was wrong. Between the apples of my cheeks and my nose it really settles right after I apply it I try to get some of the glitter off. It smells really good though and I'm totally a sucker for that. I would still likely buy this again.

on 12/5/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

While Physicians Formula could definitely improve their pricepoint (and occasionally, their quality), they certainly get packaging right. This product is adorable.

Unlike some of the PF blushes, I really like this bronzer. You can get three distinct shades.

Heart - is an orangy gold. I don't think you could use it as a bronzer, but it could definitely be used as a highlighter, though I tend to use it as an eyeshadow.

Outer circle - is a champagne brown. On lighter skintones, it could be dark enough to be used as a bronzer, but again, it's shimmery enough that on some skintones it could be a highlighter (or eyeshadow).

Mixed - is a slightly warmer champagne. Again, highlighter, bronzer or eyeshadow depending on your skintone and proclivities.

The bronzer is baked, so you get an iridescent sheen, but it doesn't contain any straight up glitter. It has good color payoff, but can be easily sheered out. I got a good six hours of wear time out of it before I noticed any fading.

I love this stuff. Although I do not use this for bronzer at all, I use it for a highlight on my cheekbones. I don't have any problem with the glitter in the heart in the middle, because I don't use that much at all. It doesn't seem to look bad on me at all, I hardly notice the glitter. Sometimes I will go around the heart when I want a more natural look, though. I love the smell of this stuff, too. I would most likely repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The key to success with this product is only using a little, and not using it over really moist products, such as moisturizer. Don't be heavy handed, and wait for your moisturizer to sink in before using this. The gold heart in the middle gives off a lot of sparkles, and its pretty intense. However, I really like the coverage, as the sparkles (some gold, others silver) reflect a lot of light, so imperfections are less noticeable. It looks really dewy on oily skin, though. Overall, I might buy it again, if I don't find something that looks more appealing. Its really easy to go overboard with this.

on 3/13/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yes, this new bronzer is very cute and smells great, just like the other Happy Booster products. My skin is very light right now, and the bronzer doesn't show up that well at all. So, I just use it as a highlighter over peachy blushes and the effect is much better. As long as you don't expect this to be a traditional bronzer, but a highlighter with a soft, shimmery finish, it's actually very nice.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I had high hopes for this bronzer. I picked up the one in "Light Bronzer". The heart in the center really messes it up for me. It has gold chunky glitters in it that show up on your skin and is really unattractive. However, the part around the heart is nice and can be used as a light highlighter.

-Price: It retails for about $14 at drugstores.

-Container: It has a nice clasp container like most PF blushes. It includes a brush as well.

Popular Bronzers