November 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

BB Cream - DHC - bb cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from the DHC catalog. One sample pack allowed me to try this for two-three days.

Coverage:
Coverage is on the thicker side for BB Creams, more like a foundation. That kind of coverage is good when you want to hide imperfections, but I don’t like how it actually feels thick on my face and sits on top of my skin. Most of the BB creams I have tried sink into the skin & gets absorbed like a moisturizer. They usually do not feel like I’m wearing any makeup at all (the beauty of BB creams), has a natural feel on the face, but still has coverage, depending on how much you layer. I didn’t even want to touch my face or put my head on anything because it felt like the DHC BB cream would rub off.

Texture of BB Cream:
It has a runnier consistency than other BB creams (Dr Jart, Missha, Boscia, Clinique, Hanskin Caviar Gold) and did not absorb into skin. I usually dot the cream with my fingertip along my cheek, forehead, jawline, and one or two on the nose and blend everything outward. This one felt like I was just rubbing the product around my skin…and around…and around.

No BB Cream Benefits:
All the other BB creams I’ve tried seemed to even out my skin tone & texture, much like a primer. This DHC version acted more like a foundation. I felt like my pores and uneven skin texture was more visible with this.

Etc:
Color was OK for my face, I am not extremely pale/ivory, but not tan/dark either. Beige, I suppose? Just a California Asian with yellow undertones, but doesn’t get enough of the sun people are jealous of.

I would not purchase this. There are many, many other options out there for BB Creams – ones that actually help improve your skin as you use it. Sorry DHC!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by av8r

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love DHC products but I'm not too happy for a $45 price tag for this.

It's thick, and it blends OK, but it's not really a "foundation" more of a heavy tinted moisturizer. It's also fairly "matte" , when I was hoping for more of a glowy finish. My biggest complaint though was that only two colors were offered, the lightest of which is NO WAY "light". There is no way the beautiful pale asian girl in the ads was wearing this shade.

I am red haired, fair skinned. The lightest shade was WAY too dark and way too yellow, even with blending. You would thinkg a company based in Japan would have a better offering for pale skin tones.

On the plus side, out in sunlight it looked much better and less dry than it did in my bathroom, still the wrong color, but the finish was very natural. If you don't have really fair skin and don't need much coverage you may like this and the physical sunscreen of SPF is a plus for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

i state upfront--I hate BB creams. I have oily skin, with large pores and spots and all I tried are too sheer to cover flaws or very shiny on my face. This one is the only good one I tried--it's thick enough to cover well, yet easy to spread, matte and the second shade is good for my summer skin. I also like the pump packaging. It's pricy though--I'd probably buy it again only if on sale. Otherwise, I'd just stick with sunscreen and foundation.

PS--I'd suggest this only for oily or bad skin that needs med. to full coverage.
EDIT: 6/14 AFTER TRYING THIS MORE, IT STILL HAS THE SAME FAULTS AS OTHER BBs, so rating reduced.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Vena

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this in my DHC catalog, and although the color was good for me, the consistency was not. I like BB creams that are lighter textured, more like tinted moisturizer, but with the effect of a built-in primer. This was more like a cream make-up, way too heavy for me, and the price was high.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by LuluPatootie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is both expensive and provides heavier coverage than I need. However, I find that when I use my regular foundation (Paula's Choice "All Bases Covered"), over moisturizer, and thinly blended, there might be a spot or two that still needs coverage and this BB cream is good for that. So, a little could go a long way.

Also, it's a pump, so you want the product to stay on the bottom of the package, but it's tapered and won't stand up. Makes no sense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I also got a sample from the catalog, and it was for the darker shade. The shade was pretty dark to me (I'm fair skinned) but I wore it out anyway. I liked the coverage, very full and covered everything. I wanted to try the lighter shade but when I found out it was $45 for 1.4 oz, I was like um no. That's just ridiculous. But I guess thats standard for most high end foundations. It did sort of transfer and my skin got oilier and seemed to oxidize as the day when on (turned orange) but maybe it was the color. Anyways, no I'm not going to buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by traceywaldron

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ordered this in the Ochre 1 shade after I tried the sample from the catalog (Ochre 2). Both shades are VERY yellow, both are extremely thick, creamy, and offer good coverage (not sheer as another reviewer said). The formula grabs onto and emphasizes the hell out of any flaky areas on your face. Since I'm using Retin-A Micro and some big-guns BHAs right now, I cannot tolerate any flake-enhancing makeup. I find the formula way too thick and heavy for my taste, and I find it unusable due to the dry area emphasis. I tried mixing it with my EltaMD sunscreen, but still the BB component of the mix didn't work with my superficially dehydrated areas. Beyond that, the packaging is decent a pump tube; however, the container will not stand up due to a slightly less-than-flat cap.
Cons: Unbelievably limited color selection; heavy formula; emphasis of flakies; price. Pros? Good coverage.
Returning.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

BB creams have been an invariable miss with me, so I don't pay much attention to them. However, this came as a free sample with my catalog, so I tried it. The color #2 is the warm-toned one, while the #1 is the cool one. IOW, #1 is pink (not lighter, just pink) and #2 is more yellow.

This is very creamy so it spreads nicely. Coverage is very, very sheer, like most BBs, which is why I'm not interested. I really think it's silly to wear sheer coverage if one is still forced to pile on concealer on blemishes. I have a vision of "natural" faces dotted with concealer spots. Seriously?

The price for this is $45, if you please. Absurdly overpriced, in my opinion. In short, not interested.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of the 02 shade with my catalog. Love the texture of this, it smooths on nicely over my usual sunscreen (Olay complete SPF 30, sensitive). Love the fact that this has physical sunscreens in it, specifically zinc oxide. I always need to smooth on something over my sunscreen to offset the cast, and i prefer something with sun protection. The color is a bit too light for me, so I could not ever use this for more than very sheer coverage. I do wonder why this darkest color is so light, it really will only suit the paler complexions.