July 31, 2014 | 2022 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by halas98

I bought this and took it with me overseas so that I would have nice skin, I have pretty oily, acne prone skin, when I used this, I felt refreshed and I was like yeah! this stuff works! no. no it doesn't. I got a break out 2 days after using it and so i thought it was just getting all the gunk out and then cleaning my skin and helping it clear up. But it doesnt, and it has left me with open pours and lots of pimples that weren't there before I used this. It can't be the water from overseas because I tried using it again in Australia and it did the same thing. So unhappy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by gpdyson

I absolutely LOVE this product! This was the first summer where my skin was just so nasty and oily. I rarely breakout and literally everyone noticed my skin was horrible. One of my friends recommended this to me and I won't ever go back! My skin started clearing up and my face feels so much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What was I thinking! Garnier discontinued the Moisture Rescue cream face wash, so I just went to Walgreens to try and find something else. I looked this up on MUA in the store,this product was fairly new at the time, so there werent that many reviews, but the ones that were up were positive. I should have put it down the second I smelled it, but went for it anyway. Used it for two weeks and broke out in HUGE under the skin cysts all over my face. This went right in the garbage. If you like washing your face with laundry detergent (which is what this smells like), go for it. No, dont, just run far away from this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample tube of this. I wasn't expecting much being I haven't really been a big user of Olay. I gave this a try though and it is an alright cleanser. It does its job by getting my face fresh and clean. It doesn't live up to its claim to mattify the skin which is what I was hoping for. My face looked no different after use. This does smell very nice and leathers well with just a small amount. I used the whole tube not wanting to waste it, but this isn't something I would run out and by. It does cleanse the skin, but it is a little higher priced for a drugstore cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by emilyxchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser, especially for summer! I started using it last spring and loved it. It makes my skin feel cool and fresh, lathers like a dream, and melts stubborn makeup right off. Since it lathers so well it can take a bit long to completely rinse off but that's no big deal to me. It even helps keep my breakouts under control. The consistency and scent are very pleasant. It is a little pricey, here $7 a bottle. But the results are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to morning cleanser. I do use a different cleanser in the evening as this doesn't do the greatest job at removing makeup. But, it's great in the morning before applying makeup. It effectively removes products from the night before and helps mattify my skin. I love that only a tiny dollop turns into a nice thick lather and rinses well. I love that it has clay and almost feels like a daily face mask. Already on my second tube and for me that speaks volumes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought a tube of this although I was already liking Neutrogena Shine Control cleanser with clay particles in it. Olay's promised shine control, but I wasn't able to tell how well it worked. The cleanser itself is very perfumed and very concentrated (a tiny pearlescent dot on my pinkin fingertip covers my whole face when mixed with water). I used it with my clairsonic but I don't feel that it is worth the marketing hype.

I will go back to the Neutrogena Shine Control turquoise blu cleanser. I love the clay in that, and I feel like it really works.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ingridwinter

I bought this cleanser half price in a set with the matching moisturiser and bb cream. I'm glad I paid half price, it does not do what it claims. It made absolutely no difference to the amount of oil on my skin or shinnieness. Considering it has parabens in it (which I could not determine since it was prepackaged so I could not see the ingrediant list) I will be buying something else when it runs out. I had no problems with it, no breakouts as others have mentioned, I'm just not wowed by it. The cc cream has almost no color pay off and was very oily as well. I will say it has a pleasant smell and rinses off fairly well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by megwillcox24

This product once I had first started to use it was good, but then it began to break me out. In areas where I had breakouts, they would soon become bigger and redness began to cover my face. When I had first started using it for a week or two, it was good, and it got away all my acne and all oil on my face. After that, my face was soft but had a lot of bumps. This ruined my skin, and once I finished it I was relieved because it did nothing but ruin my skin. I switched up my skincare routine with this product, and all it did was wreck my skin. DO NOT BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! I use it in the morning to take care of my oil throughout the day. It isn't harsh, and it is like a cleanser and a mask in one, so that's a bonus! It retails for $5.99 at Target, so I think it's a high quality and reasonably priced cleanser!