Olay Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium 10, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Kaolin, Pentasodium Pentatate, Niacinamide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Iron Oxides.

on 3/4/2015 8:01:00 PM

I dont love this product, I dont hate it. As far as cleansing is concerned, it wasnt fantastic for me, i didnt feel it cleared anything, but it definitely gets rid of any oily feeling or residue. Can leave my skin tight and dry but moisturiser usually fixes that.
If you are trying to get rid of breakouts, I probably wouldn't recommend. Oily skin however, does the job great!

Would I buy it again?
Probably not, it really doesnt help my skin, it didnt worsen it by any means but I need more from a face product.

COLOUR: is metallic silver. personally i think its the coolest! usually cleanser are white or clear with little things in them. i like something different!
PACKAGING: easy squeeze bottle, colours are cute.
TEXTURE/CONSISTENCY: its in the middle of thick and liquid. i prefer this consistency in my face washes! it was smooth and pretty light. doesnt leave any residue.
SMELL: i adore the smell! its lightly fruity and fresh.
PRICE: $14.49 - Priceline Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and pretty much hates everything.
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have combo skin. I bought this cleanser when I was experiencing a breakout on a holiday and wanted to purchase something easy on my budget. I was not looking for any miracles, just an average cleanser that gets my makeup and dirt from the day off. This cleanser works fine for that purpose. I don't think it helped my breakout, nor did it cause any further breakouts for me.

I enjoy the scent, and the way it lathers up creates a soft foam. I do find it to be one of the cleansers that is more on the drying side, though my skin does not feel parched after I use it either. It takes me forever to get through a bottle. Because of its price point, I will likely repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This product smells good and has a nice texture but that's about it. I did not see any difference while I used it even though I do not have oily skin. My face looked exactly the same after washing it.

on 10/25/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have combination to oily skin with occasional monthly breakouts. I have always struggled with controlling shine so I thought I would give this product a try. It's a creamy clay colored product with a very strong perfumery smell. I don't mind scent in my body washes but for my face I prefer unscented products. The wash is so strongly scented that I did not go anywhere near my eyes for fear of burning and irritation. And I was right! Once I did get a bit in my eyes and nose during rinsing and it burns like hell! My eyes were red as could be for several hours. It does feel nice when washing your face but beware of the mucous membranes during rinsing. I would say that it did leave my skin feel if clean but maybe a little too dry. And when that happens, my skin goes into overdrive with the oil to make up for the dryness. So the shiny forehead reappeared within an hour after washing my face. I didn't experience any breakouts from this product so that's a good thing. I would not repurchase this product due to the smell and eye irritation. If they made it in an unscented version, maybe I would try that instead.

on 9/29/2014 1:02:00 AM

This is not my official review, this is my first use review. I will post another in a week or two after I notice the effects of the cleanser. After using it for the first time, I'm not exactly sure how i think it's going to work. The product itself is very thick and metallic in color which made me think it probably has a lot of weird stuff in it that maybe isn't good for your skin. It didn't make me feel like it took off my makeup that well but I can't be totally sure. After rinsing it, it made my face feel like it certainly was oil free... Not dry but almost plastic kind of feeling. After I dried my face it did leave it soft feeling so we will see!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, it did cleanse my skin! But it made my skin dry, flakey, and overall uncomfortable. it claims to reduce shine and my skin is super oily. THIS DID NOTHING!! I would wash my face and it gave this gross feeling like my skin was covered in wax! At first, I thought that's what it would have to be like If it was going to reduce shine, but no. At least it smelled nice.

I had high hopes for this after trying Fresh Effects moisturizers and loving them but after using it once I was seriously disappointed. It was super hard to wash off my face and left my skin feeling really weird, I don't know how to describe that feeling, not quite sticky, not quite oily, but not clean or fresh. And the worst thing about this cleanser is that if I got even a teeny tiny drop of it in my eye it burned with such horrible intensity I though I was gonna pass out from how bad it hurt.

on 8/1/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this just because it said "shine minimizing", I know, I know, I should've read the ingredients and read reviews of this but girl, I was lacking a cleanser at the time and it cost me 5 bucks. First of all, when I opened the cap to get the product, I litterally had a slap in the face/ ninja kick in the ass moment because of the smell. It's WAY too perfumy. I just hate the smell. I gave me nasal allergies the fist couple of weeks that I used this. It's kinda like a cream foaming cleanser which I like, and it has a silver-metallic color to it. BEWARE chicas, if you have dry skin or use it in winters, it will DRY YOUR SKIN. Mine litterally flaked on even oily areas ( nose, forehead) so be sure to use a heavy duty moisturizer when using this in winter. In terms of it's claims it did not do anything that it says except basic cleansing. Removing makeup? Nope. Deep Cleansing? Nope, unless you use a Clarisonic with this (it will make all of your cleansers amazing). Control's Shine? HELL NO!! On top of that, it has like 5 or 6 pore clogging ingredients, so acne-prone people DO NOT BUY. I also have acne-prone skin and this gave weird random bumps in my jawline. In conclusion I will NOT buy this again for a simple reason: It does NOT live up to it's claims. After I finish this thing I will have to keep being on the search for an efficient cleanser that does not break me out and leaves little to no dirt residue, *SIGH*

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am 22 and I still have oily and acne prone skin. *le sigh* but this works pretty good! I like to use it in the morning before I go to work at the day care I am working for this summer. I am outside all day long with the kids and since using this cleanser it take at most two hours longer before i have to reapply my powder. Not to shabby. I have bought more than once since I started using it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually bought two tubes of Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser—I got a 20 ml (0.6 fl oz) tube as part of the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System which includes a facial cleaning brush & the cleaner. The kit cost $5.50 at Big Lots. I also have a full-size 150 ml (5.0 fl oz) tube which cost $3. If you do buy this at a cleaner from the "regular" store like Walmart, the kit costs $11 & the cleanser alone is $6.

Initially, I thought this cleaner was annoying because it's so thick, like a mask. After I was done washing my face, it didn't rinse like a daily cleaner. The product wasn't "tough" to remove, but it definitely took longer than normal washes to get off my face. Still, I can say that the kaolin clay really did a good job at minimizing shine. I use this cleanser to remove oil & dirt, not makeup. I love the honeysuckle & white tea scent! As a woman with sensitive & acne prone skin, some of my favourite things about this are its being oil-free & not clogging my pores. I didn't have any bad or painful reactions after using this. If you have oily skin, I suggest you pick this up!