April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought a tube of this although I was already liking Neutrogena Shine Control cleanser with clay particles in it. Olay's promised shine control, but I wasn't able to tell how well it worked. The cleanser itself is very perfumed and very concentrated (a tiny pearlescent dot on my pinkin fingertip covers my whole face when mixed with water). I used it with my clairsonic but I don't feel that it is worth the marketing hype.

I will go back to the Neutrogena Shine Control turquoise blu cleanser. I love the clay in that, and I feel like it really works.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ingridwinter

I bought this cleanser half price in a set with the matching moisturiser and bb cream. I'm glad I paid half price, it does not do what it claims. It made absolutely no difference to the amount of oil on my skin or shinnieness. Considering it has parabens in it (which I could not determine since it was prepackaged so I could not see the ingrediant list) I will be buying something else when it runs out. I had no problems with it, no breakouts as others have mentioned, I'm just not wowed by it. The cc cream has almost no color pay off and was very oily as well. I will say it has a pleasant smell and rinses off fairly well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by megwillcox24

This product once I had first started to use it was good, but then it began to break me out. In areas where I had breakouts, they would soon become bigger and redness began to cover my face. When I had first started using it for a week or two, it was good, and it got away all my acne and all oil on my face. After that, my face was soft but had a lot of bumps. This ruined my skin, and once I finished it I was relieved because it did nothing but ruin my skin. I switched up my skincare routine with this product, and all it did was wreck my skin. DO NOT BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! I use it in the morning to take care of my oil throughout the day. It isn't harsh, and it is like a cleanser and a mask in one, so that's a bonus! It retails for $5.99 at Target, so I think it's a high quality and reasonably priced cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample in the mail and I've been using this for about a month now, only in the morning on bare skin. I have combo skin with my cheeks and forehead having the most oil. This has a nice scent, but strong. Feels very cool/soothing on the skin. I only need a little pea size drop for my face and neck as this kind of foams up and spreads nicely. I do feel a little bit of a residue on my skin after I rinse, but it's not a problem. I don't know if I believe this "controls oil" but I do think this doesn't ADD oil to the skin while cleansing, and it does not dry out my skin to the point I think I need to add any moisturizer.
Later in the day, after using this product, no makeup, no moisturizer, I see no difference in the look of my skin concerning the control of oil. So to me, this is just a cleanser.

This cleanser has not caused any break-outs on my skin or acne. I think it's a nice cleanser for in the morning, don't know if it will remove makeup or not. I probably won't repurchase as I like using Dove Sensitive bar soap for my face--no scent, no residue, doesn't leave oily feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

I got a sample of this and let me just say I am so glad I got the sample! It smells amazing and you don't even need that much. A little goes a long way. It doesn't break me out which I love and I love the metallic colour. I think it's a little pricy for how much they sell it for but if I love it this much then I think I would buy it! Overall I give it a 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by amytata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love how refreshing this is on my skin! My skin feels so clean and oil free, and it seems to help with controlling my acne as well. My skin is very oily and can take up 3 to 4 oil blotting sheets at a time.... but this cleanser lessens my use of oil blotting sheets to 1 to 2 uses.
The consistency of the cleanser is very creamy, and looks like some kind of mud or clay. It smells absolutely amazing, and the scent won't linger, so that's not something you would have to worry about.
I only wished that it lasts longer; my skin gets oily a few hours after use. But that's probably because i apply sunblock on afterwards. Definitely will be repurchasing this item.
It's been a while since I've used this cleanser, and now i have bought the Olay Power Cleansing Contour thingy. I now use this cleanser with it and i must say, i am impressed. Before, the cleanser made my skin matt and refreshed, and now using this cleanser along with it, my scars are fading, and acne has stopped appearing. Absolutely in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bayergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been so stressed lately my skin has dried up & I'm full of pimples so I decided to try a different cleanser and so far this is great!

It smells really nice and a tiny amount goes a long way, the colour is a little off-putting (metallic silver) but it really does work - NO SHINE!
I am SUPER SHINY and this has really helped get rid of it & control my pimples! It's slowly but surely getting rid of my dry patches as well so for me this product works for every problem I had.
It's been 1 week so far and I've barely used any product I know this will last me a long time and I am absolutely buying this when I do run out.

I was definitely hesitant to buy this product for the price but it is definitely worth it, I love that they're trying to get younger people to try their stuff and it seems really friendly on sensitive skin. The packaging is also cute and is a nice little touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by JessalynnB

Want your face to feel refreshed? This is one of the products you can use. I have been using a mix between this face wash and another by Neutrogena, from what I notice they have both been working great on my skin which is oily near my nose, cheeks, and forehead but dry everywhere else.
This product makes you feel like you have a 'clean' and 'mint' fresh face. It also smells wonderful unlike some products that have no smell (which I heard is a downside when things have perfume in it but oh well!). One of the things I also found neat was that it's a silver color and sparkles lightly. You don't have sparkles on your face afterwards though!
The amount I have is a sample and I will definantly try to buy some more of this after I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in a sample package by mail. I like this product but I don't love it. I like the smell not too light but not over the top. It also lather well, and the packaging is super cute ! There was no makeup left on my face when I applied my toner after.

However, I didn't find that it made a difference for the shine part, but I don't really have a oily/shiny face to begin with so I may be not the right person to review this product. I also think that this product left a kind of waxy feeling on my face, not totally product free, but not hydrated either, just a little bit... waxy.

I will probably not purchase, but I'll definitively use it if I got a sample again.