September 22, 2014 | 1255 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, it did cleanse my skin! But it made my skin dry, flakey, and overall uncomfortable. it claims to reduce shine and my skin is super oily. THIS DID NOTHING!! I would wash my face and it gave this gross feeling like my skin was covered in wax! At first, I thought that's what it would have to be like If it was going to reduce shine, but no. At least it smelled nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

I had high hopes for this after trying Fresh Effects moisturizers and loving them but after using it once I was seriously disappointed. It was super hard to wash off my face and left my skin feeling really weird, I don't know how to describe that feeling, not quite sticky, not quite oily, but not clean or fresh. And the worst thing about this cleanser is that if I got even a teeny tiny drop of it in my eye it burned with such horrible intensity I though I was gonna pass out from how bad it hurt.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this just because it said "shine minimizing", I know, I know, I should've read the ingredients and read reviews of this but girl, I was lacking a cleanser a the time and it cost me 5 bucks. First of all, when I opened the cap to get the product, I litterally had a slap in the face/ ninja kick in the ass moment because of the smell. It's WAY too perfumy. I just hate the smell. I gave me nasal allergies the fist couple of weeks that I used this. It's kinda like a cream foaming cleanser which I like, and it has a silver-metallic color to it. BEWARE chicas, if you have dry skin or use it in winters, it will DRY YOUR SKIN. Mine litterally flaked on even oily areas ( nose, forehead) so be sure to use a heavy duty moisturizer when using this in winter. In terms of it's claims it did not do anything that it says except basic cleansing. Removing makeup? Nope. Deep Cleansing? Nope, unless you use a Clarisonic with this (it will make all of your cleansers amazing). Control's Shine? HELL NO!! On top of that, it has like 5 or 6 pore clogging ingredients, so acne-prone people DO NOT BUY. I also have acne-prone skin and this gave weird random bumps in my jawline. In conclusion I will NOT buy this again for a simple reason: It does NOT live up to it's claims. After I finish this thing I will have to keep being on the search for an efficient cleanser that does not break me out and leaves little to no dirt residue, *SIGH*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by bubblepowerflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 22 and I still have oily and acne prone skin. *le sigh* but this works pretty good! I like to use it in the morning before I go to work at the day care I am working for this summer. I am outside all day long with the kids and since using this cleanser it take at most two hours longer before i have to reapply my powder. Not to shabby. I have bought more than once since I started using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I actually bought two tubes of Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser—I got a 20 ml (0.6 fl oz) tube as part of the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System which includes a facial cleaning brush & the cleaner. The kit cost $5.50 at Big Lots. I also have a full-size 150 ml (5.0 fl oz) tube which cost $3. If you do buy this at a cleaner from the "regular" store like Walmart, the kit costs $11 & the cleanser alone is $6.

Initially, I thought this cleaner was annoying because it's so thick, like a mask. After I was done washing my face, it didn't rinse like a daily cleaner. The product wasn't "tough" to remove, but it definitely took longer than normal washes to get off my face. Still, I can say that the kaolin clay really did a good job at minimizing shine. I use this cleanser to remove oil & dirt, not makeup. I love the honeysuckle & white tea scent! As a woman with sensitive & acne prone skin, some of my favourite things about this are its being oil-free & not clogging my pores. I didn't have any bad or painful reactions after using this. If you have oily skin, I suggest you pick this up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

over all is good for combination skin type, it was on sales for 7.99$ cdn from shopper's drug mart it goes really well with the same brand long live the moisture moisturizing lotion. i love this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by halas98

I bought this and took it with me overseas so that I would have nice skin, I have pretty oily, acne prone skin, when I used this, I felt refreshed and I was like yeah! this stuff works! no. no it doesn't. I got a break out 2 days after using it and so i thought it was just getting all the gunk out and then cleaning my skin and helping it clear up. But it doesnt, and it has left me with open pours and lots of pimples that weren't there before I used this. It can't be the water from overseas because I tried using it again in Australia and it did the same thing. So unhappy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by gpdyson

I absolutely LOVE this product! This was the first summer where my skin was just so nasty and oily. I rarely breakout and literally everyone noticed my skin was horrible. One of my friends recommended this to me and I won't ever go back! My skin started clearing up and my face feels so much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What was I thinking! Garnier discontinued the Moisture Rescue cream face wash, so I just went to Walgreens to try and find something else. I looked this up on MUA in the store,this product was fairly new at the time, so there werent that many reviews, but the ones that were up were positive. I should have put it down the second I smelled it, but went for it anyway. Used it for two weeks and broke out in HUGE under the skin cysts all over my face. This went right in the garbage. If you like washing your face with laundry detergent (which is what this smells like), go for it. No, dont, just run far away from this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample tube of this. I wasn't expecting much being I haven't really been a big user of Olay. I gave this a try though and it is an alright cleanser. It does its job by getting my face fresh and clean. It doesn't live up to its claim to mattify the skin which is what I was hoping for. My face looked no different after use. This does smell very nice and leathers well with just a small amount. I used the whole tube not wanting to waste it, but this isn't something I would run out and by. It does cleanse the skin, but it is a little higher priced for a drugstore cleanser.