October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Melaniedimitrovski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this product I was super excited to use it but after 2 days of using this product my skin broke out like crazy I am afraid to use this product ever again I have never never ever had any break outs at all but this product ruined my face!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off what you need to know is to keep your expectations realistic, it's not a miracle product to get rid of majority of your skin problems, the tool enhances the cleansing experience.
Onto the review the bristles are made of rubber and that depends on a matter of personal preference, in my opinion it feels pretty nice. The rubber is not sharp and won't scratch skin if you use the tool properly and don't press too hard. I have a blend of extremely dry/sensitive areas of my face and acne-prone/slightly oil skin, very combination skin I have and this brush does not irritate my skin or cause any further problems. However it is worth noting that I use it only at night or few times a week depending on how sensitive my skin is. Use as tolerated, don't use if you have cracked bleeding skin. I use this brush with my own cleanser (which is the Olay sensitive face wash), NOT the one provided, it is too fragranced and feels too soapy (I did I patch test on my hand). So if you have sensitive skin just be mindful that the cleanser may be irritating. The brush is very effective at cleaning my skin and I know that because my toner picks up barely anything compared to if I was just using my hands. The cleansing brush also minimises/gets rid of he dry flakes on my skin instead of using a scratchy scrub. The price is good for what you get if you're on the fence about cleansing brushes. Also it is battery operated.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought it from Priceline for $17 and I gotta say, it is rather handy. I hate the cleanser that came with it and toss it aside. It's far too drying and harsh on my skin so I ended up using Dove radiance cleanser instead and it works just fine. My sister loves using the device and the fact that it's so small is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by FallenAngel1409

Like a few others, I bought this after wanting to try a cleansing brush without shelling out tons for the Clarisonic. I didn't bother to use the shine minimizing cleanser, but used it with my existing facial cleanser. The brush vibrates instead of spins, and even after taking off my makeup and then cleaning you realize how much this little brush still gets out of your pores! You need to clean the little rubber bristles after each use (I use just soap and water and swirl it around in my palm) so you don't put the gunk back into your skin next time you use it.

I've been using it for a few days now twice a day and with a gentle hand, it has worked really well for me. My pores seem smaller and my skin is definitely smoother. I notice it especially when I look at my makeup at the end of the day and it's still smooth and not settled into my pores as much. Also the little white bumps around my nose and under my eyes have diminished.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like the electric brush idea, it really deep cleans, i use it 1-2 times a week. i see a difference i. vibrancy of my skin as it does well in brightening uo my complexion. but it does have product buildup as someone said before, you can really tell especially after using bb cream/foundation. you can try to wash it with makeup brush cleaner or shampoo, but the color might stay there. id rather stick to neutrogena wave since u can switch the pads to keep bacteria away

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by poohbealov

THROW THIS AWAY NOW! this thing harbors acne causing bacteria in it's brissles. I couldn't figure out why I was breaking out so bad. If you look deep into the brissles you can see built up product. Once I stopped using this my acne cleared.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Luvmakeup626

I really enjoy using this product i really like how i can feel it deeeeep cleansing my pores i dont use this with the matching cleanser but i have tried it a few times with the mini one it comes with and i like it alot but i need a more heavy duty cleanser for acne. I also really like the triangulare shape because it helps me reach into places that contour my face and i really like that it just vibrates and not spins because im scared that the spin brushes will give me wrinkels but thats not exactly a scientific fact but i would rather be safe then sorry!

overall thoughts

i really like this product i cant live without it! i dont recomend it to people with sensitive skin because it may irritate it but i recomend it to anyone else!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I really wanted to love this product. We all think if a face cleanser lathers up that it's getting all the bacteria and acne causing agents to go away and the power bristle wand made me think I would be getting a deep in clean. WRONG. I tried this product for 2 weeks and the first couple days I loved it, but after those first couple days, it made my acne worse!!! I decided to talk to my pharmacist about it and she said the worst thing you can do if you're trying to get rid of acne or keep acne away is using a foaming/lathering cleanser. It the cleanser foams/lathers it's taking away all of your natural skin barrier making it easier for bacteria and acne causing agents to creep in. Also, the power bristle brush that we all think is working magic and giving us a deep clean- It's creating little scratches in our skin, making it even easier for bacteria and acne to begin. If your suffering from mild acne like I was, or any type of acne, do not use this! Save your money and talk to a pharmacist because they know what their talking about and can help you find something that will work for your skin problems. I got Spectro Jel and it seriously is my holy grail cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ellapuggle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kept reading so many great reviews on this and decided to get it even though it was 14 or 15 dollars. Spendy in my opinion. It worked nice the first few times then started going REALLY slow. So I changed the battery which expired last year and I just bought it. The battery barely helped its still really slow and I have to keep my hand on the on button when I wash my hand gets tired! I still use it but wouldn't get again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Shaughnessybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what everyone is talking about I love this!! It's helped so much for my oily skin. I only use it in the mornings to keep my oil at bay through the day and it really helps, but not too the point it's over drying. I'm about to finish the small tube of cleanser it comes with and I'm definitely going to purchase the larger bottle, can't get enough.