Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System

2.8

on 4/21/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have sensitive/Dry skin. And I will opening admit that it was an impulse buy, at the time I bought the cleansing system. It was about two weeks before my wedding, and there were blackheads appearing in my T-zone. Five minutes after I used this product my skin became so enflamed it looked like I had a severe case of sun burning! Not just that my skin constantly stung, peeled, and oozed. The formula in the cleanser practically gave me a chemical burn. Not saying this product would not work for someone else, but if someone has sensitive skin? I would not recommend this product. Use with caution to anyone else. Be sure to read the ingredients before using, to make sure your skin handle the strong formula

on 3/4/2015 8:23:00 PM

I have already reviewed the cleanser that came with it. to quickly sum that up, not my deal, good for oil on the skin, does nothing else for me really.
The brush that comes with this, I had read alot of reviews on it, both sides of good and bad. Honestly the brush is brilliant as a scrubbing tool and it worked but realistically for me its really really hard and scratching on my face. I did breakout the first week I used it but I'd say its because I havent used a brush in a while (oops :$) but then it settle back down, overall it does what it says but it hurts a little and im sure there are better options out there.
I will just save up for the Clarisonic

Would I buy it again?
No, its not for me.

BRUSH DESCRIPTION: white rubber, hard bristles. slight vibrating bristles.
PRICE: $16.99 - Priceline

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and pretty much hates everything.
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 1/24/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product. Ive been using it for a month and it did wonders though not drasticaly but its a must product and its cheap

on 1/1/2015 4:40:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! I was about to get the Pro x brush, but then I heard it could tear open your pores. I found this instead and love it! It gives gentle daily exfoliation and makes my skin feel so soft. It also feels like a massage! Some things I have heard people complain about is that you can't change the battery, but you can. You just have to twist the bottom. Try this out, and if you don't like it, it was only 11 bucks!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

When I first bought this product I was super excited to use it but after 2 days of using this product my skin broke out like crazy I am afraid to use this product ever again I have never never ever had any break outs at all but this product ruined my face!!!!!!!!!

on 7/30/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The bristles are made of rubber and that depends on a matter of personal preference, in my opinion the rubber is too tough and thick. It would be better if the bristles were thinner and more flexible. Even if you ARE gentle with it, it still feels too harsh on my face and there are better cleansing brushes that are more gentle. For reference I have a blend of extremely dry/sensitive areas of my face and acne-prone/slightly oily skin. It's too rough for my liking on ALL parts of my face and does NOT do well with dry/sensitive skin. I used this brush with my own cleanser not the one provided, it is too fragranced, feels like harsh soap and irritated my skin. So if you have sensitive skin I DO NOT recommend the cleanser that comes with the brush and well... not really the brush either. Yes, it removed all my face makeup but I think there are a lot better options than this one, I won't continue to use this and I will probably somehow fork out the money for a Clarisonic so I can choose my own brush head, have speed settings, recharge it instead of replacing the batteries and a whole lot more. This product is reasonably priced, $17 at Priceline and $12 at the Discount Chemist (Australia).

on 3/14/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Brought it from Priceline for $17 and I gotta say, it is rather handy. I hate the cleanser that came with it and toss it aside. It's far too drying and harsh on my skin so I ended up using Dove radiance cleanser instead and it works just fine. My sister loves using the device and the fact that it's so small is great.

Like a few others, I bought this after wanting to try a cleansing brush without shelling out tons for the Clarisonic. I didn't bother to use the shine minimizing cleanser, but used it with my existing facial cleanser. The brush vibrates instead of spins, and even after taking off my makeup and then cleaning you realize how much this little brush still gets out of your pores! You need to clean the little rubber bristles after each use (I use just soap and water and swirl it around in my palm) so you don't put the gunk back into your skin next time you use it.

I've been using it for a few days now twice a day and with a gentle hand, it has worked really well for me. My pores seem smaller and my skin is definitely smoother. I notice it especially when I look at my makeup at the end of the day and it's still smooth and not settled into my pores as much. Also the little white bumps around my nose and under my eyes have diminished.

on 9/29/2013 5:08:00 AM

i like the electric brush idea, it really deep cleans, i use it 1-2 times a week. i see a difference i. vibrancy of my skin as it does well in brightening uo my complexion. but it does have product buildup as someone said before, you can really tell especially after using bb cream/foundation. you can try to wash it with makeup brush cleaner or shampoo, but the color might stay there. id rather stick to neutrogena wave since u can switch the pads to keep bacteria away

on 8/19/2013 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THROW THIS AWAY NOW! this thing harbors acne causing bacteria in it's brissles. I couldn't figure out why I was breaking out so bad. If you look deep into the brissles you can see built up product. Once I stopped using this my acne cleared.