Nuance by Salma Hayek Smooth Start Skin Primer

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/16/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff did make my skin smoother, however, it didn't make my makeup last any longer. Honestly my Monistat gel works better, and it costs a lot less. This was $12.29 at CVS for 1 oz. Monistat anti-chafing gel is $7.99 for 1.5 oz. Has a weird scent, too.

on 2/21/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've always used high end primers, usually Vincent Longo, but times are tight and this is both cheap and easily available. I was a little worried that, like other d/s primers I'd tried, it would feel more like Elmer's glue than anything else, but I was pleasantly surprised with this. It does feel a little heavier on initial application than my old primer, but it disappears pretty quickly. the on thing I really like about this (other than price and availability) is that even on it's own it seems to hide minor flaws and discoloration. I wasn't expecting that, and was very pleased with it. I have used this under a number of foundations, BB creams, and tinted moisturizers and it performs well under all of them. I rarely have to worry about oiliness, but on days when I do this keeps it in check, and it definitely creates a smooth canvas for my makeup and lasts all day. Removal is also easy (at least I don't have to do anything I didn't w/ more expensive primers). definitely will be repurchasing this when I run out, which will be a while because you don't need to use much of it.